Sign in to follow this  
mrtacgnol

Enable f2p on hots home

I don't think the lore supports HOTS as an entry level kingdom.

The HOTS bonuses are justifiably premium only options.

Justify it. Factor in the various nerfs we have. Last I heard there was no wurm lore.

1. There is certainly Lore (check out the wiki page on Libila in the section called "game lore" for an example.

2.  The game designers intent is that HOTS is a premium only kingdom.  For example, on GV, nobody could go HOTS.  Also, the original design of Epic has no HOTS home server.  Why should he change his vision of the game and make HOTS more like a kingdom like the other two?

I don't think the lore supports HOTS as an entry level kingdom.

The HOTS bonuses are justifiably premium only options.

Justify it. Factor in the various nerfs we have. Last I heard there was no wurm lore.

1. There is certainly Lore (check out the wiki page on Libila in the section called "game lore" for an example.

2.  The game designers intent is that HOTS is a premium only kingdom.  For example, on GV, nobody could go HOTS.  Also, the original design of Epic has no HOTS home server.  Why should he change his vision of the game and make HOTS more like a kingdom like the other two?

"why should we change his vision in order to make more money if it deviates from all two pages of lore"

Explain exactly HOW letting non prems onto HoTS home would get him more money.

Explain exactly HOW letting non prems onto HoTS home would get him more money.

some of them will eventually buy premium

Our village comes from a forum of 100K+ members but none of them are willing to shell out the cash to try this game because of how unpolished the graphics are. If you let us have f2p they will be able to try the game out at our village then upgrade directly to prem without the hassle of moving.

Our village comes from a forum of 100K+ members but none of them are willing to shell out the cash to try this game because of how unpolished the graphics are. If you let us have f2p they will be able to try the game out at our village then upgrade directly to prem without the hassle of moving.

Hassle of moving, right, like clicking on the portal and choosing the right option.

Hassle of moving, right, like clicking on the portal and choosing the right option.

uh, the only way they can do that is by starting on freedom and them moving while losing ALL OF THEIR ITEMS/SKILLS. Do you realize how absurd it is to get them to try the game and build a house etc.. getting basic skills, and then ask them to throw it all away?

uh, the only way they can do that is by starting on freedom and them moving while losing ALL OF THEIR ITEMS/SKILLS. Do you realize how absurd it is to get them to try the game and build a house etc.. getting basic skills, and then ask them to throw it all away?

No more absurd than them asking to get full features without paying.

No more absurd than them asking to get full features without paying.

Uh, no. their skills would still be capped at 20 which is the main reason you buy premium. Don't even try to say that the features of hots are the only thing worth paying for when there are more jk and mr premiums then hots. We wouldn't even care if the free players didn't get any hots bonuses. all we want are the players to be there. That is it. There is no reason we should not be able to have this.

Of course, allowing free players on HotS home will suddenly fix the graphics. How could I not have realised this!

If that is the reason they're not willing to try the game then sorry, wurm is not their game. It doesn't matter where they play, the game looks the same everywhere, even if you pay for it. They could try the game on freedom and if they like it, then join epic.

Of course, allowing free players on HotS home will suddenly fix the graphics. How could I not have realised this!

If that is the reason they're not willing to try the game then sorry, wurm is not their game. It doesn't matter where they play, the game looks the same everywhere, even if you pay for it. They could try the game on freedom and if they like it, then join epic.

I don't get where you are coming form. You know very well that looking at a screenshot of this game does not do it justice. Stop grabbing at straws.

Looking at a screenshot and seeing crap graphics wouldn't make me want to play this game. The only reason I started playing this game is because it was free to be JK on wild and I had a few hours to kill so I tried this game after seeing a thread about it on an internet forum, and I'm still here 6 years later.

i stumbeled on to this game like 3 times b4 i tried it, because everything looked like crap and made me wonder wtf this was, then i saw all the "features" and payed up.. so ur argument is invalid

What are people so afraid of?

Open up Hots for free please.  Wurm would benefit from having 3 robust factions in PvP.

Alternatively, you could make Mol-Rehan a bit more distinct from Jenn-Kellon, they are too similar in my opinion.

I don't get where you are coming form. You know very well that looking at a screenshot of this game does not do it justice. Stop grabbing at straws.

Looking at a screenshot and seeing crap graphics wouldn't make me want to play this game. The only reason I started playing this game is because it was free to be JK on wild and I had a few hours to kill so I tried this game after seeing a thread about it on an internet forum, and I'm still here 6 years later.

You begin on Freedom try out the game, then move on to Epic, what exactly are you thinking would be the great tipping point to make one buy premium on BL Home that they can't see , do or experience in a matter of days on Freedom.

I played BL on Epic, besides the tight leather pants and a few different spells on my 2 priests, it was still ...well it was still Wurm.

You begin on Freedom try out the game, then move on to Epic, what exactly are you thinking would be the great tipping point to make one buy premium on BL Home that they can't see , do or experience in a matter of days on Freedom.

I played BL on Epic, besides the tight leather pants and a few different spells on my 2 priests, it was still ...well it was still Wurm.

Trying to get regular non hardcore realism/mentally ill gamers to play this game is difficult enough, trying to get them to start out this game once, and then throw it all away to come join us on hots home is impossible. I don't think you guys remember that free accounts are capped to 20 on all skills, because that has been and always will be the only reason to go premium. I don't think you need any other reasons.

Some of us are trying to recruit new players to Wurm all the time and all this limitation does is turn away players who want to try the game before paying for premium.

All these terrible work arounds "Start on freedom" "start on another homeserver" do you seriously think that a player is going to jump right into Wurm and buy premium when their only experiences consist of playing alone on another server?

Wurmonline is a game that is only fun as long as you are playing with other player and the only way to show this to new potential players is to play together with them.

If playing with free players is so important to you.... why the heck did you go to BL home? That's just stupidity.

If playing with free players is so important to you.... why the heck did you go to BL home? That's just stupidity.

We were hoping the goth female models with dirty cleavage would be enough to draw in new players for us.

Because at the time I wasn't prepared for the sudden drop of players Epic has suffered.

Yep, hide the f2p on the homeservers, they're going on the slave ships to affliction to work in the iron mines.

Sounds like a good fair update to me, all other servers have f2p, and no one here gave any good reasons to object to HotS having f2p. 

Sounds like a good fair update to me, all other servers have f2p, and no one here gave any good reasons to object to HotS having f2p.

I think if the home servers have such low populations they should be removed altogether. Having a high number but having none of these people actually pay doesn't benefit anybody either...

There's a lot of differing points of having home servers. I don't see a problem with having Affliction F2P, but I agree with Alyeska's point that they shouldn't be an alternative to not paying. However they do provide a look at what Epic has to offer for newer players who are on the fence trying to decide if they want to pay or not. I'm on the fence myself with this issue. :-\