The weekly maintenance restart will happen on Wednesday, May 1st this week.
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ilith

fighting skills and other angryness

hello at all!

as i was a little woman without premium account i could hunt young huge spider very well with a fighting skill between lvl 19 and 20.

but yet  - i have fighting skill 22 and premium account -  i have a lot of problems to kill a little huge spider.....

1. when i use my weapon to hit the beast the weapon doesnt hit often.

2. and there are a lot of laggs by fighting...  so im half dead when i kill the young huge spider....

3. when we fight with two peeps then its the same...  -.-

and yet there is the stamina using by fighting beasts    :(

a good thing for 100% dying

another thing is that with the seeds and vegetables into a barrell. when i want to take some i get the comment that i throw it away . but i want that not. i want plant them  -.-

i heard from a gm then, that i must make a right-click. please take these thing away.

and then the mystery with the housewalls  O.o

i want to make a door and get sometimes a window. and when i want to make a window then comes sometimes a wall but not the window. but the eventchat told me all the time that i built a door or window.

can anyone tell me what  that is?

greetings ilith

it's just our great random fight system

2x fighther both ~25fs

figther nr.1 60ql chain aosp 50ql 2x long

fighther nr.2 35ql chain 50ql sword 2x long

both solo young spider..

nr.1 near to died

nr.2 won with loosing 5hp

Ah yes, as previous poster said, fs is a little bit random.

Armour is very important. With no armour, you will never kill a spider with 22fs.

With 50ql studded, and aosp, you should have a good chance on home server. On wild, it might be a bit harder.

Armour will change the range of fs you need to kill a spider, and so will weapons ql, enchants, and if you use them, shields.

I haven't tested it yet, but 1fs with best weapons and armuor the game can provide should allow to kill a spider.

Without equipment, you'll have to stick to easier stuff.

hope this helps

Ah yes, as previous poster said, fs is a little bit random.

Armour is very important. With no armour, you will never kill a spider with 22fs.

With 50ql studded, and aosp, you should have a good chance on home server. On wild, it might be a bit harder.

Armour will change the range of fs you need to kill a spider, and so will weapons ql, enchants, and if you use them, shields.

I haven't tested it yet, but 1fs with best weapons and armuor the game can provide should allow to kill a spider.

Without equipment, you'll have to stick to easier stuff.

hope this helps

that a lie :/ I solo spider without armour often.... but if fightsystem not pwn me ;p

but true armour is important it can stop many atack :)

Fighting is a bit random, but isn't it a shame something is hard to kill? Quit complaining, spiders used to take a lot more FS to kill than 22. Properly equip yourself, train up, whatever. I guess challenges are something people like to avoid at all costs.

I have 17 FS 30Ql Leather and 26Ql longsword + shield (11 sword skill , 7 shield skill)

My buddy has 10 FS, 40Ql chain set + huger sword (15 Huge sword skill)

He beats the crap out of me, even when he gave me a 40Ql chain set.

We can take a youg spider quite easily.

Even the new guys don't like it, revert FF Rolf! :P

Still willing here to lose all my fighting related skill to go back and a promise to never return. ;)

I have 17 FS 30Ql Leather and 26Ql longsword + shield (11 sword skill , 7 shield skill)

We can take a youg spider quite easily.

The luckpart as fighting is huge.

LAst weekend i attacked some venerable scorps.

Scorp (1) i killed it without to get hurt.

Scorp (2) same age and i was forced to use the farmwalker amulett to escape with 7 health.

i've never noticed too much randomness, except with scorpion, and pve in water is horrible.

I honestly think it's fine.

Fighting is a bit random, but isn't it a shame something is hard to kill? Quit complaining, spiders used to take a lot more FS to kill than 22. Properly equip yourself, train up, whatever. I guess challenges are something people like to avoid at all costs.

+1, I agree entirely

Lol i remember when i would need several stamina goes, and sometimes would even get pwned with 72 normal fs (back then it was like two times slower to train than it is now) and 60 weaponskill :P

At low skills other than against archery shields will totally mess up your hit rate. But at higher skills it becomes alot more rewarding. It will turn you from getting ###### terribly in a 1v1 to killing 3 people of the same level in a 3v1 without barely getting scratched (aslong as you dont let your stam run out). Keep training and it WILL pay off severely. And you are using Normal, And not Defensive or Agressive right ?

Anyway i agree entirely that the current fight system sucks and i would much like it to die in a fire, But alot of the things people are talking about in this thread, Are caused by not 'working the system' right.

now, we have both not the badest equipment!

we bought in the last time a completely 50 ql studded armory with aosp, and we uses two longswords ql 40 - 50 with fa .

i have fs 22 and my hubby has fs 28 . so its really the random that we can kill the one young huge spider easily and the other young not!

in addition we have the feeling like that some a spider, the adolescent are closer, are stronger than the other young huge spider.

is that your feeling too?

Wear a shield, grind some skill with it on a cow or some pigs. They're incredibly overpowered, you'll survive a lot better with one.

Also, the new fight system sucks.

With fighting theres a lot of luck involved and too much randomness that its annoying, i wear 50ql chain enchanted with aosp and 40ql longs with fa, FS is 16,

i was training FS against aged unis killed the first 3 i found easily only losing 40% health per fight which is good for me but the fourth aged uni owned me, i had to run away twice to re-heal barely making it out of the fight alive, the randomness needs removing as it spoils the fighting.

Fighting is supposed to get easier the higher u lvl but ive found that the more skill i gain the harder it is to kill the critters that ive been fighting since a fs of 6, IE huge spiders give me more dmg now than when i had lower fs

I'm not disagreeing with you, Yes fighting is too random imo, But dont you think killing aged unicorns (which is 4 strength stages up, And even the third most strongest stage) with 6 fighting skill and next to no weaponskill with no shield, With fairly low QL gear, Is wrong in the first place ?

I agree fully that fightskill at low levels (<20) is FAR too slow, And you should be able to get 20 fighting in two days of soft grinding easily.. But i really think a newb character should not be able to kill over half of the creatures ingame, Especially ones that are fairly aged.

I COMPLETELY AGREE that before needing 70+ fighting to kill wildserver spiders without a large risk of dying, Was incredibly lame, As was the trolls that did massive damage, As was the fact everything took a thousand hits to die.. (Note: This was when subskill (which mattered the most) was around 2 times as slow as it is now) But, 50fs 40 shield 40 weapon and you can kill everything easy in controlled environments as is (Aka not being lead all around the place by a player causing you to open yourself to attack)

Meh.. I just think everyone wants the game in easy mode.. Wish wildserver could get the old fight system back at least since the majority of the people who like the new system live on home, Like 80% of the pvpers on wild prefer the old system  :'(

im not saying i want the fighting to b easy, im saying thats its nearly impossible for new players to gain fs without pulling out money for uber gear as there isnt many places u can find the critters u need to lvl, which it was with me i had to fight harder critters to gain skill as i couldnt find any of the easier types to kill, but if u can kill one type of critter easily u shouldnt get wupped next time u try to fight the same type which is what its like at the moment

i want to make a door and get sometimes a window. and when i want to make a window then comes sometimes a wall but not the window. but the eventchat told me all the time that i built a door or window.

If you first continue on a wall, then right click on another wall plan, which is a window, and click 'Continue building' before the menu has refreshed lag will turn the window plan into a wall plan.

i made it to 17fs, without spending a dime on weapons or armor, (tho i am a tanner, and i made my own armor.)

anyway, i've got 2 30ql/50fa longswords and 50-60ql studded leather (no enchants) and i can kill young spiders with relative ease. occasionally one jacks me up, but i consider that part of the fun. i think it would be lame if every young spider took exaclty 23% of my health, and the when i got to 18fs, they took 22%. sometimes you have a bad day, sometimes your enemy has a good day. that's how it goes.

Even the new guys don't like it, revert FF Rolf! :P

Still willing here to lose all my fighting related skill to go back and a promise to never return. ;)

another thing is that with the seeds and vegetables into a barrell. when i want to take some i get the comment that i throw it away . but i want that not. i want plant them   -.-

i heard from a gm then, that i must make a right-click. please take these thing away.

and then the mystery with the housewalls  O.o

As most of the other posts have replied to the fighting, i'll try to answer this part

The Item decay was increased by Rolf to reduce the number of items in wurm, and is still being tweeked. (imo he has a lot of tweeking to do)

The wall/door/window business is due to lag, wait until the menu has completely loaded before clicking on it, otherwise what you described is easy to do (and very frustrating).