Sign in to follow this  
itistricky

lol @ server

WOW had all sorts of problems the first few months.  It was down several times a week normally.

Sure any game can have problems, the point is they actually comunicate what's going on to the players, and give out nice compensations for that.

edit: also yay for locking threads that don't break any rules without no explanation!

No. I get completely another error regarding jnpl and jar.

Try redownloading the jnlp if you use an old one.

WoW being one of them

WoW being down for >8 hours with no notification or update from blizzard? [citation needed]

derp

No u!

About redownloading.... It's still same.

Is this person in Sweden?  If so its 10AM and he hasnt even checked his business.  Laziness is a disease that infects this world more and more every day.

Is this person in Sweden?  If so its 10AM and he hasnt even checked his business.  Laziness is a disease that infects this world more and more every day.

11:06	Rof	just checking what went wrong
11:06 Rof restarting
11:06 Rof not sure what happen
11:06 Rof someone set us up
11:06 Rof the bomb

I timed my nap to wake now expecting to at least see a message - even if it just simply said "I'm on to it" ............

Rolf has logged on and fixed the problem all servers were rested.

Rolf has logged on and fixed the problem all servers were rested.

Merged it into this thread , really is NO need to start another thread about the server status .

Rolf is working on it atm .

There was a problem with the login server that he has had to fix first.

Why do I get connection refused?

Edit: NVM. Just saw last post.

Rolf is working on it atm .

There was a problem with the login server that he has had to fix first.

I blame elwood! damn, he sold his account. I blame the original owner of elwood!

Any word on how much longer?  I would think 30 mins would be enough to determine if the problem wasnt immediately fixable.

NEVERMIND!  I am on!.

Did the server roll back to a few hours before or anything? Or did we manage to save everything?

The servers were not down actually just not responding. My character apparently was logged in all the time burning through fat layers.

So basicly there was a server running all night with 500 players afking.

This!!  I checked just before coming to the office... so sad :(  I worked really hard since starting 4 weeks ago to at least keep as many layers as I could..  I think I lost one before I had some care package meals for a few weeks and maybe one when I went back on casseroles last week.

Now I log in and im skinny and starving :)

And all those beautiful fish I caught before server crash... well the carps were gone completely and the rest were decayed very badly.

Oh well.. off to work and maybe when i come home tonight the neighbors deed guards might have killed something :)

The servers were not down actually just not responding. My character apparently was logged in all the time burning through fat layers.

it was probably rolled back considering there must have been some ppl who died etc :]

Hi,

as far as I could determine we were "frozen" at a time roughly at the first disconnect. And we stayed in game since - check your nutrition!

Have a good time!

PS:

no.. no it wouldn't. it's a game, you don't call strangers at 1 in the morning because of a game. you don't invade people's privacy like that. there are boundaries.

Couldn't agree more! \o

If a customer starts calling me because of nonsense in my rare times of leisure it will quickly end on my fone machines black list. Once caught, next time helpless. Life is brutal. So am I.

But I'm sure Rolf has been noticed (Enki?). Dunno if Sweden celebrates the anglo-saxon "Father day", but if - then maybe it was better he slept a bit before even to try to touch the server, right?

it was probably rolled back considering there must have been some ppl who died etc :]

I log in this morning and I was just standing on the same spot before the crash, 1% from loosing the fat layer (yay for 82 nutrition that lasted the entire night without fasting lol), so no roll back. And was been chase by spiders when this happen, but apparently they lag out too alone with me, because I wasn't even hit once.

no.. no it wouldn't. it's a game, you don't call strangers at 1 in the morning because of a game. you don't invade people's privacy like that. there are boundaries.

Couldn't agree more! \o

If a customer starts calling me because of nonsense in my rare times of leisure it will quickly end on my fone machines black list. Once caught, next time helpless. Life is brutal. So am I.

Please someone tell that to the people paying my salary, i'm dead tired being called at 3-5am because some code i wrote decides to halt and catch fire...

hahaha, damn  suddenly now I will never have to feel guilty about putting out a little money for a game I love. Cuz I can't afford to be that bad.

I cut out the take out thing to, health benefits and hey more money for wurm now that you mentioned it lol.

lol i'm glad you asked. yes i downloaded my paypal. and calculated that from 2000 to 2009 that i spent over 5k Canadian $'s and that just buying ingame items. and accounts, and only maybe 500$ on subs. as most my subs for these game were credit cards. so average 3 accounts per month active for 11 yrs at 15$ each  $5940 subscriptions est. so about 10k on mmoprgs. wow a K per yr. ah so you all know thats not any more i cut up all my credit cards. and have an allowance of $60 a month for games and eating out. which a rarly do now do to health. lost 35 lbs in 3 months no more Mcdonalds :-)  and more money for wurm this way ;-)

... because some code i wrote decides to halt and catch fire...