Sign in to follow this  
Valdemar

Pumpkin, not Pumpkin seeds

Hi, i posted about botanising cotton instead of seeds before and now id like to ask for the same with pumpkin.

I think that its much morelogical to find a pumpkin while foraging for food than just seeds.

Big +1

no, and here is why:

Cotton is needed in many things for survival be it bandages, clothing or the much needed fishing string for food.  A cotton seed is also extremely small so finding one is pretty difficult, finding a puff of cotton with seeds inside... not so difficult*

*as long as there is a cotton bush/tree near by ;)

Pumpkin on the other hand is not needed for anything in game really.  All it does is make a meal larger and feed you more.  Its seeds are very large when compared to most seeds and relatively easier to find if you happened upon one resting on the ground*

*as long as there was a pumpkin PLANT near by ;)

the more logical route to finding a pumpkin seed is if a bird were to literally eat some pumpkin and poop while mid flight on your recently polished cart.  Cotton however takes flight on its own when it's seeds germinate and go forth to spawn it's little minions, and usually in very large clumps that stay with each other.

You can also eat pumpkin seeds raw. Even ingame.

*imagining Jarosz rummaging trough a birds poo to find a pumpkin seed*

:D

Pumpkin on the other hand is not needed for anything in game really

Practice Dolls

Jeez Jarosz, eating those HQ meals and you forget what its like to scrounge  ;D

Rather be able to find a pumpkin and have the options of seeds or keeping it whole.

Even though I don't really forage/botanize anymore, it should be this way. Finding something and having to wait a full week until it's ripe isn't what I'd call fun. Same should be done for wemp if it isn't done already.

Even though I don't really forage/botanize anymore, it should be this way. Finding something and having to wait a full week until it's ripe isn't what I'd call fun. Same should be done for wemp if it isn't done already.

Its seeds are very large when compared to most seeds and relatively easier to find if you happened upon one resting on the ground*

*as long as there was a pumpkin PLANT near by ;)

the more logical route to finding a pumpkin seed is if a bird were to literally eat some pumpkin and poop while mid flight on your recently polished cart.  Cotton however takes flight on its own when it's seeds germinate and go forth to spawn it's little minions, and usually in very large clumps that stay with each other.

Pumpkins are the size of a basketball, a lot easier to find than a seed.

I don't how many people have lived in the country, but I came across plenty of pumpkin vines and tonnes of pumkins growing wild.  I've never found a pumkin seed, except in the mess of a smashed pumkin.

As for logic, you do not lose the cotton when you pick the seeds IRL, in fact you must pick the seeds in order to use the cotton. Plus a single cotton bush, in one crop, will give you hundreds of seeds, and there's almost no skill involved.

Wemp, going by what it seems to be, would be similar to cotton. And the same with pumkins.

As for the OP, I've always thought and expected this would follow after the change to cotton, same with wemp.  There's no loss if you after a seed, you can still get that, but new players after a pumkin for a practice doll etc, don't have have to wait a week by a farm plot to get what they're after.