Ajala

Is it time to make Sleep Powder droppable?

Maybe at one point it made sense to have Sleep Powders undroppable, but does it still?

Treasure maps are dishing these wheaty treats out like penny candy.

They're not really as valuable as they used to be.

Maybe it's time to make them more easy to trade, by allowing them to be mailed.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Ajala said:

allowing them to be mailed

Yes. 

Edited by Tukodama

1 hour ago, Tukodama said:

Yes. 

Droppable?  No.

There is no way to mail without the ability to drop it in a mailbox. 

You can get sleep powder with instant delivery in the Silver Shop 😎.

So now that its so common, and so cheap, 

and there is an unlimited stock in game, you want to buy/sell with the same convenience for 1/3 of the price?

Uhu, yeah, ain’t happening.

2 hours ago, Atndy said:

There is no way to mail without the ability to drop it in a mailbox.

You are correct, I misunderstood her statement.  

+1

It would be absolutely amazing to be able to buy it through mail. 

2 minutes ago, Trash said:

Can just summon soul

Only on the same server.

1 hour ago, Trash said:

Can just summon soul

Yes and no. The requirements of 100 faith is hard set for this option. Also the fact the seller or buyer would have to make their way home without a horse isn't very ideal. This also requires both players to be on the same server where as making sleep powder finally mailable would save many people headaches. (I personally hate leaving the tar tile. Even pushed my mailbox beside the tar.)

You can find a lot of ways to buy the sleep powders if both sides want to bother doing stuff like free alt suicide to and from startr town etc. 

What I am wondering is whether there are any upsides whatsoever to sleep powders not being mailable. 

What important benefit is there from it not being mailable that it takes priority over convenience?

50 minutes ago, Simyaci said:

You can find a lot of ways to buy the sleep powders if both sides want to bother doing stuff like free alt suicide to and from startr town etc. 

What I am wondering is whether there are any upsides whatsoever to sleep powders not being mailable. 

What important benefit is there from it not being mailable that it takes priority over convenience?

Because like magic chests, Rods of Transmutation, and others, Sleep Powders are sold at the Silver store.

Now what kind of business decision for the game owners would be to make SP’s mailable.

Why would I ever buy from them, if I can buy from you for half or less of the price and have it mailed?

Is just the old equation of time = money.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, topkos said:

Because like magic chests, Rods of Transmutation, and others, Sleep Powders are sold at the Silver store.

Now what kind of business decision for the game owners would be to make SP’s mailable.

Why would I ever buy from them, if I can buy from you for half or less of the price and have it mailed?

Is just the old equation of time = money.

I don't think the price would decrease if it was easier to trade. A lot of people don't buy them just because they don't want to bother doing the trade face to face. 

The price could actually increase, causing the silver shop 35s for 20 sleep powders price to perceived as more reasonable. 

It is the most obvious item to buy when you have extra silvers and can't decide where to spend them. 

Edited by Simyaci

4 minutes ago, Simyaci said:

I don't think the price would decrease if it was easier to trade. A lot of people don't buy them just because they don't want to bother doing the trade face to face. 

The price could actually increase, causing the silver shop 35s for 20 sleep powders price to perceived as more reasonable. 

It is the most obvious item to buy when you have extra silvers and can't decide where to spend them. 

Correct it won’t decrease , but it will be always cheaper than the shop.

So, where is the benefit for the game Owners?

6 minutes ago, topkos said:

Correct it won’t decrease , but it will be always cheaper than the shop.

So, where is the benefit for the game Owners?

They can give some mark points for ammount spent in the silver shop. It doesn't have to be a lot.