Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Revisit Loadable Altars?

It has been some time since this request.  Altars should be loadable.  It would be a huge QoL improvement.  Only real negative I see could be with PvP and honestly, just disable loading on PvP if so.

Think of all the altars we make and leave laying about.  Their decay rate is so slow.  Think of all the Mag priests running back and forth to sacrifice for the next strongwall.  Also, I'm fairly confident altars that can't be loaded cause cancer.

• Like 2

they are not loadable to prevent odd one rare/supreme or even fantastic altar to be easily movable to any and all sermon sites around the maps/servers to exploit insane favour gain per each listener. Has nothing to do with pvp.. On pvp we dont care where to dump wooden altars at all...

30 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

they are not loadable to prevent odd one rare/supreme or even fantastic altar to be easily movable to any and all sermon sites around the maps/servers to exploit insane favour gain per each listener.

I read that one as "they are not loadable so we can't have fun easing a grind that's already insane and takes a long time. We don't want to do anything that saves a player's time in Wurm. That against the spirit of Wurm". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skatyna said:

they are not loadable to prevent odd one rare/supreme or even fantastic altar to be easily movable to any and all sermon sites around the maps/servers to exploit insane favour gain per each listener. Has nothing to do with pvp.. On pvp we dont care where to dump wooden altars at all...

Honestly, faith gain has never been the hard part for priests, unless they go pure solo praying for it.  Imagine making a supreme altar in the middle of a big canal project, going through the middle of nowhere - but it turns supreme.  What a waste, unless we can load them.

I moved deeds a couple of years ago and had to leave my supreme altar to rot.  What a shame.  I don't even care about the gains form it, just the shiny badge.

• Like 3

Fo priests need to travel a lot for our casts, and not everyone who wants them follows fo. 

It'd be handy to be able to cart my own altar around for those casts...

• Like 3

A nice QoL feature that is strangely absent. An obvious feature that should be implemented. I suppose altars are handled this way to prevent griefing but to hell with that I say.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Skatyna said:

Then why not limit the non-loadable altars to only the rare, supreme and fantastic ones and make the rest loadable?

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 1