Sign in to follow this  
jaytoo

Archaeology/Restoration Rebalance - Public Testing

on test

Yes seems ok, it's coming out with the rest of the ores now.

i've only grabbed 100 frags today and 10 from a cache, got a treasure map casket while doing it and a mission valeri item so that's working.

Cache was 5 statue frags 5 armour frags

ill grab some more tomorrow and do some combines.

Not sure if this is going to be the right place to report this...

Is it expected behavior that a particular tile on a fallen deed will always give the "picked clean" message, and no action timer, even after server restarts? I have a few fallen deeds around me that have recurring tiles that present this.

All other tiles trigger the action timer, and are random as to finding a fragment or not.

on test

Gathered a further 100 frags, enough to do a few combines.

Combined a shaft, peg, tenon and branch, no enchants or runes, all went into the bsb.

Combined a butchering knife, tin, one rune, A brass rune of Jackal has been attached, so it will have a decent glow...seems appropriate.

Combined a sickle, iron, one rune, A bronze rune of Libila has been attached, so it will gather resources at a higher quality level (10%)...seems appropriate.

Combined several types of lumps all fine, go in the bsb.

Made a couple of blades and heads up

A huge halberd head, silver, 2 runes, A brass rune of Vynora has been attached, so it will increase quality at a faster rate when being improved (7.5%) and have a slight glow and A zinc rune of Libila has been attached, so it will reduce weight (10%)...seems appropriate and is quite nice :)

Axe head, iron, no runes or enchants

Rake blade, lead, one rune, A steel rune of Fo has been attached, so it will reduce decay taken (5%) and reduce damage taken (5%)...seems appropriate.

Made them up into their respective items all retained the runes they had as blades/heads.

Using 90 Archaeology and 90 Restoration with 90ql Adamantine tools...cos I can...

Edited by Hailiah

on test

Im getting the same as Dumbo on some tiles [10:17:05] The area looks picked clean.

On the disbanded deed (One Ruler -Tich), where as on other tiles I can do the continual spam investigate.

on test

Few more combines

Heads and Blades:

hunting arrow head, iron, no runes/enchants went in bsb

hammer head, iron one rune, A brass rune of Magranon has been attached, so it will increase quality at a faster rate when being improved (10%)...seems apt

longsword blade, zinc, one rune, A seryll rune of Jackal has been attached, so it will increase the chance of successfully enchanting the item (5%) and reduce the quality change when repairing damage (5%)...seems apt

Tools

shovel, zinc, enchanted, Wind of Ages has been cast on it, so it will be quicker to use. [77] ...nice if we get that on iron etc too

hammer, zinc, one rune, A copper rune of Vynora has been attached, so it will have a higher chance to be successfully improved (7.5%)...seems apt

scythe, iron, 3 runes, A lead rune of Magranon has been attached, so it will reduce the quality change when repairing damage (10%), A copper rune of Vynora has been attached, so it will have a higher chance to be successfully improved (7.5%) and A seryll rune of Jackal has been attached, so it will increase the chance of successfully enchanting the item (5%) and reduce the quality change when repairing damage (5%)...nice

saw, gold, one rune, A tin rune of Fo has been attached, so it will increase the chance of increasing rarity when improved (5%) and reduce damage taken (5%)...well... could smelt it or try and make it rare then smelt it or a decoration.

Weapon

huge axe, iron, one rune, A lead rune of Jackal has been attached, so it will reduce volume (10%)...that rune seems odd, or is that to make it less bulky for storage?

Total of 300 fragments found so far, all on a disbanded deed. plus 2 caches of 10 fragments in each using 90ql paper/report

Deed token info - One Ruler was founded by Tich and was inhabited for about 3 years, 4 months. It has been abandoned for roughly 33 years, 11 months and was last mayored by Tich. The sundial atop the token casts an unnatural shadow pointing to where One Ruler once stood, it looks like it may have been close to the east.

*Note even when standing on the settlement token tile it still gives a direction, doesn't say 'you are there' or whatever

14 hours ago, Dumbo said:

Is it expected behavior that a particular tile on a fallen deed will always give the "picked clean" message, and no action timer, even after server restarts? I have a few fallen deeds around me that have recurring tiles that present this.

@dumbo Is it a particular type of tile? like rock, sand, or road?

2 hours ago, Hailiah said:

huge axe, iron, one rune, A lead rune of Jackal has been attached, so it will reduce volume (10%)...that rune seems odd, or is that to make it less bulky for storage?

Weight, volume and size reduction can go on anything. Not all the runes are super useful but size can allow you to mail halberds in regular mailboxes or similar things with weapons in other containers. In some instances of tools you could get for example gathering ql runes on a tool that doesn't gather. It's just for balance.

• Like 1

With regards to the 'picked clean' message for the two tiles I found on the test server, they were on that disbanded deed, next to each other, one sand and one grass.

I've marked them if I need to find em again.

4 hours ago, jaytoo said:

@dumbo Is it a particular type of tile? like rock, sand, or road?

Negative. It is any type of tile - grass, steppe, trees, bushes, paved.

I've observed this over a period of at least 2 weeks to 1 month, so there have been multiple server restarts in-between.

Edited by Dumbo
add info

A change that should fix server transfers with unidentified fragments is now live now on Druska. I don't think there is any way for yall to test that though. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hailiah said:

With regards to the 'picked clean' message for the two tiles I found on the test server, they were on that disbanded deed, next to each other, one sand and one grass.

I've marked them if I need to find em again.

These are working today.

Can I just ask, on test, we should be able to spam investigate on any tile and get [12:19:05] You start to investigate the area. right?

Any tile that's giving [12:19:57] The area looks picked clean, is a bug?

1 hour ago, Hailiah said:

Can I just ask, on test, we should be able to spam investigate on any tile and get [12:19:05] You start to investigate the area. right?

Any tile that's giving [12:19:57] The area looks picked clean, is a bug?

tiles that haven't happened to become investigable yet will still be picked clean. The server randomly resets tiles to be investigable so sometimes there will be some that are not usable.

• Like 1

[19:43:46] You carefully start brushing away bits of dirt and rock from the unidentified wooden fragment.

[19:43:48] You successfully identify the fragment as a crude shovel fragment [1/3].

*headscratch* This... doesn't look quite right, does it? 😅

Edited to add:

The log when picking it up was:

[16:58:34] [TEST: negBonus: -45.09724168219225, tileMax: 92.95558673265124, arch: 90.1944833643845, power: 22.88146209716797, #deadDeeds: 1]
[16:58:34] You pick out a fragment of some item wedged into the ground. [TEST: fragment ql: 22.881462 realTemplate: crude shovel]

Edited to add(2):

This isn't an entirely new issue, though. On live servers:

[19:19:12] You carefully start chiseling away bits of dirt and rock from the unidentified weapon fragment.
[19:19:14] You successfully identify the fragment as a crude shovel fragment [1/3].
[21:04:02] A small fragment from a crude shovel. You think you could recreate the crude shovel if you had a bit more material. It is made from birchwood.

Edited by Anarres

on test - some statistics

collected 500 new fragments on disbanded deed*

First stage cleaning

143 unidentified fragments (needing metal brush cleaning)

120 metal fragments

82 tool fragments

49 statue fragments

47 wooden fragments

21 armour fragments

16 container fragments

9 weapon fragments

13 fragments that came out clean

Edited by Hailiah
clarification

1 hour ago, Anarres said:

[19:43:46] You carefully start brushing away bits of dirt and rock from the unidentified wooden fragment.

[19:43:48] You successfully identify the fragment as a crude shovel fragment [1/3].

Crude items don't really have a type as they are not impable but they are defined as wooden on the server. When you create them from fragments they are wooden shovels.

8 minutes ago, jaytoo said:

Crude items don't really have a type as they are not impable but they are defined as wooden on the server. When you create them from fragments they are wooden shovels.

They are inconsistent though: crude axe and crude knife don't show a type, while crude shovel does. Also, on the test server the axe and pickaxe are categorized as "tool fragment", not "wooden fragment". On live, all three were "weapons", I think.

[20:27:29] A small fragment from a crude shovel. You think you could recreate the crude shovel if you had a bit more material. It is made from wood. It can not be improved.

[22:50:29] You carefully start brushing away bits of dirt and rock from the unidentified tool fragment.
[22:50:31] You successfully identify the fragment as a crude knife fragment [1/3].
[20:27:08] A small fragment from a crude knife. You think you could recreate the crude knife if you had a bit more material. It can not be improved.

[20:53:05] You carefully start brushing away bits of dirt and rock from the unidentified tool fragment.
[20:53:06] You successfully identify the fragment as a crude axe fragment [1/4].
[20:54:55] A small fragment from a crude axe. You think you could recreate the crude axe if you had a bit more material. It can not be improved.

Not the biggest issue, for sure, but it's odd.

6 minutes ago, Anarres said:

They are inconsistent though

Inconsistency is more concerning. I can look at that.

• Like 1

The crude shovels from archaeology (and the ones we make) have always been wood on the normal servers, the other 3 crude tools don't have a type

nA3QVKj.jpg?1

on test

Cleaning some of the fragments now.

I've noticed that pottery planters and pottery flowerpots are no longer classed under containers, but come in with the (second stage of restoring) unidentified fragments (clean with a metal brush)

Is that intentional?

I think ribbon fragments might be missing

After combining max number of runes on anything was 2 and the only enchantment I saw was WoA on a silver trowel (59) and crude knife (93)

Thanks for finishing the wagon :) took me a while to notice

Edited by Hailiah

For testing the Caches, are there older disbanded deeds/inhabited longer than Tich's one on test?

Also should we be looking at fragments from off deed for testing purposes?

Edited by Hailiah

There are a ton of deeds, 250 I think. Their ages are random. But we didn't play with caches too much so i'm not overly concerned with testing that or on or off deed.

Iron ribbons are in the drop table still i think you might just be unlucky in getting them.

It's disconcerting that the max runes you got was 2. I'll be monitoring rune counts going forward but we might just need to go to live and check with mass input through logging.

• Like 1

We have Doubled the drop rate of moon metal fragments and will be watching how that plays out on live to adjust. Before now anyone completing a moon metal item was quite rare.

We have also altered the crude shovel to act the same as the other crude items.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, jaytoo said:

We have Doubled the drop rate of moon metal fragments and will be watching how that plays out on live to adjust. Before now anyone completing a moon metal item was quite rare.

We have also altered the crude shovel to act the same as the other crude items.

With regards to moonmetal fragments are they only from Caches? The ones I've had have only been from Caches, or is it that at 97 Arch my skill is too low to get em from the ground?

On Live, these are the ones Ive had and as far as the Tich statue goes yes probabily more than my lifetime to complete it :P

(Bear in mind I may have lost a few moonmetal types and alloy types crossing servers with unidentified fragments)

W0je1mT.jpg?1

Edited by Hailiah

I have a moonmetal drake statue frag on live haha. Quite never to be finished I guess.

I'm at 99+archeology and never ever completed a moonmetal item, I think I have a very few moonmetal fragments in total only. Looking forward to see the future drops when the changes come live.

Edited by Jaz

3 hours ago, Hailiah said:

With regards to moonmetal fragments are they only from Caches?

Yes. They are only from caches. There is another way to get moon metal items from archeology we have put in for you to find but you have to be extremely lucky and very skilled.