Sign in to follow this  
jaytoo

Archaeology/Restoration Rebalance - Public Testing

Would it be possible to make the settlement tokens that we receive from the cache's be able to be smelted? Even if at a small success / return rate of 5-10%. It will make them actually worth something, and tradeable to other players more so then they are now as most people just sac them or trash them.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, gnomegates said:

Would it be possible to make the settlement tokens that we receive from the cache's be able to be smelted? Even if at a small success / return rate of 5-10%. It will make them actually worth something, and tradeable to other players more so then they are now as most people just sac them or trash them.

Terrible idea because of the moonmetal and some places being excessively history-rich.. you can farm effortlessly moon metal lumps that way on pve maps - nonstop at that.. "sounds balanced"...

For any other besides moonmetal, sure, not much harm?

Make the archaeological tokens at least a little useful please

for example, to make some kind of receiving point of tokens, there they would exchange tokens for points, like rift points. And those points could be bought some interesting things

Sorry for my English

Edited by Snob
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Snob said:

for example, to make some kind of receiving point of tokens, there they would exchange tokens for points, like rift points. And those points could be bought some interesting things

Sorry for my English

Agreed. Those tokens are relay useless right now. If it was meant that they would be exclusively decorative items, It would be nice to be able to change them into some decorative skins.

This burping bear is not what I would like to see in my settlement 😕 

Spoiler

image.png

Edited by CptKreved
added spoiler
  • Like 1

I would personally love to see them smeltable, just reduce their weight, maybe lower chance of them being moonmeral...

Don't understand whats the fuss about having another source of moonmetals, i honestly don't belive they are that farmable this way that would cause a problem 

1 hour ago, kochinac said:

i honestly don't belive they are that farmable this way that would cause a problem

3 hours ago, Snob said:

for example, to make some kind of receiving point of tokens

8 hours ago, gnomegates said:

Would it be possible to make the settlement tokens that we receive from the cache's be able to be smelted?

At high level they are quite farmable at very high ql. At a rate of multiple per hour. Production methods are also abusable but closing that vulnerability is detrimental to the skill for casual players. That would be 3 moon metal vectors in one skill which is already absolutely crazy compared to any other skill. Combined with the new rune upgrades this skill is probably above the reward rate of anything else short of channeling. We will discuss token changes internally but considerable rewards have been added to archeology in this patch.

• Like 7

I don't agree with making them smeltable for lumps, but I think a good compromise would be to have them "smelt" into upkeep chips,  with the moonmetal tokens being worth the most, iron least etc. 

Tokens are really cool the first 10 or so you get,  but then it ends up being another 3kg space waster I feel too guilty to throw away. Upkeep chips would encourage more archeology for newer players as a method of maintaining their deed, increase longevity of said players,  and give the long term established players an actual use for them as well. (And ties in really well with it being "Treasure")

Alternatively,  make it a % chance to get either a token,  or upkeep chips from a cache. 

• Like 7
  • Cat 1

An idea I was considering, but hesitated on sharing since I don't know how possible it would be or how much time it would take to do on a developing end--

Be able to convert or turn in settlement tokens into vary'ing (RNG rolled) amounts of unidentified fragments. The higher quality or material it's made from the more unidentified fragments you'd get.

I much prefer having loads of fragments than duplicate settlement tokens. As much as I love being able to display them, once you have so many tokens they do just take up space somewhere in a storage container.

• Like 2

In regards to token, the issue people have with them is that they often go back to the same fallen deeds time after time, and they end up with dozens of the same tokens.  

One is nice.  A couple, of different metals, are OK.  But 20 from the same place..... no thanks.

I would say that they should only have one value, decoration, and that is fine.  Really - rewards out of archaeo (particularly if you count the seasonal events now) are outstanding.  

Some ways of solving the above, while not really breaking anything:

1) High sac value for priests.  Something along the line of 30 favor for a copper/iron one, to 100 for a maxed out one.  Probably too much, to be honest, but still a use.

2) can we keep the visual, but just reduce the mass to 0.01 or even smaller?  Then, it really doesn't matter if they can be smelted or not - they are basically nothing at that point.

3) A special case,/cabinet that we can put them into that eats them (like altar sac), that ranks "deeds known" on a  scale of 1 to ??.  Basically, it eats the token, and depending on QL and material gives a point value.  You add more tokens and you increase the number/value.  Someone can go up and click the "box" and get a pop up window that is just a list of deed names, servers, person who put the token into the box and "known value".  It has no gameplay effect other than bragging rights.  Obviously not a fully fleshed out idea, but a solid kernel for one I hope.  If in the long term there comes a way to remove runes from items, perhaps this would be a solid way to do it - spend 1k of your "token points" and you can a random rune removed and the item is destroyed, who knows.  Again, just the beginning of something - but one of potential high rewards so probably not well balanced.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Spacy said:

In regards to token, the issue people have with them is that they often go back to the same fallen deeds time after time, and they end up with dozens of the same tokens.  

One is nice.  A couple, of different metals, are OK.  But 20 from the same place..... no thanks.

I would say that they should only have one value, decoration, and that is fine.  Really - rewards out of archaeo (particularly if you count the seasonal events now) are outstanding.  

Like you say, I only really need one token of any specific deed. In my case it's just whichever one has the most info on it and is the most prestigious metal. That one goes in the collection. But it just doesn't feel right to toss the others in the trash, and I think that's the problem.

I want the extra tokens of a deed to be something that was still nice to find. I don't need them to be particularly valuable, but I want to do something meaningful with the ones I don't need, even if the meaning is tiny. I don't want them to be trash or litter.

• When combining a basic metal item the chance of iron is now improved at higher levels.
  • When combining an alloy metal item the chance of steel is now improved at higher levels

Yes, I agree this is a positive step - except for statue fragments, for which I think the reverse should be true - we should have greater chance of statue frags in 'interesting' metals such as gold, silver, bronze and electrum.

For statues, there is already a disappointing tendency towards iron and steel.

My arch is 100, my restoration is 99 - and I'd like to see more variation in the metal types for statues please.  Remember that the person (recipient/buyer) combining the statue is rarely the person finding the fragment (finder/seller) and often has lower skill - yet still expects an interesting metal type.

Edited by Muse
  • Like 4

You need to get rid of the totally useless runes on the pottery items, like the imp runes and repair runes...since we can do neither on pottery..

or make it so we can repair pottery and imp it :)

I have also recently been getting harvest runes on my combined files....erm files cant harvest anything iirc.

(97 Arch 92 Resto)

Ill add others that are useless in a few...

Edited by Hailiah
addition
  • Like 3

Another thing to check why are the crude tool/weapon stats for enchants so much better than proper tools and weapons?

• Cat 1

I would remove crude tool fragments completely - the 'celery' of the archaeology world - it takes more effort to find, clean and combine them than any lasting benefit to be derived from them. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Muse said:

I would remove crude tool fragments completely - the 'celery' of the archaeology world - it takes more effort to find, clean and combine them than any lasting benefit to be derived from them. 

Agreed, the only benefit I get from them is when my alt dispels them.

It would be nice if we could take them apart however, the resulting archaeology wood shaft i could reuse...

Do they come up in missions tho?

Spitballing here, but one way to make tokens worth having/trading is to add a 'get direction' option on r-click that will work the same as on the completed archaeology report. Failing that, have them list the exact location of the former deed (e.g. NE corner of P12, centre of S17, etc.) when examined. Especially now that we have treasure maps that sometimes use fallen deeds as clues, this could give players a reason to start swapping their duplicate tokens.

• Like 1

What's going to happen to the fragments we already have?

Edited by Hailiah

• Planks have been added to the drop table

Does that mean planks will be of the archaeology wood types? Thorn..lavender..Blueberry ..etc

If so seems a bit odd if we cant get planks from the bushes etc themselves....just saying..

Edited by Hailiah

1 hour ago, Muse said:

My arch is 100, my restoration is 99 - and I'd like to see more variation in the metal types for statues please.  Remember that the person (recipient/buyer) combining the statue is rarely the person finding the fragment (finder/seller) and often has lower skill - yet still expects an interesting metal type.

Statues, due to being higher in difficulty, will see far more variety in metal types than before if they are metal. In the past iron and steel were heavily favored at lower power results and that was the source of your issue.

1 hour ago, Muse said:

Not all fragments are supposed to have high value, this is just another flavor of low tier fragment and needs to exist for balancing. They have lower difficulty and that results in better rune allocation.

Deed tokens are meant to be purely decorational and nothing else, really. They don't need to serve a purpose beyond looking pretty. I'd hate to make them smeltable because that'd just create a new way to farm moonmetal and that's really not a good place to be. I'd rather see you be able to use the tokens to upgrade the metal types of other tokens that are special to you.

2 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Deed tokens are meant to be purely decorational and nothing else, really. They don't need to serve a purpose beyond looking pretty.

If you could set off excess tokens as a sort of magical fireworks in a celebration of whatever deed it came from, that'd be cool too. No gameplay advantage but still something fun.

1 hour ago, Hailiah said:

What's going to happen to the fragments we already have?

Mostly nothing, arrow shaft fragments will be morphed to plank fragments.

1 hour ago, Hailiah said:

Another thing to check into are the 1ql fragments we get from Caches

This is normal. Each fragment has a progressively more difficult check to determine ql.

38 minutes ago, Hailiah said:

Does that mean planks will be of the archaeology wood types? Thorn..lavender..Blueberry ..etc

If so seems a bit odd if we cant get planks from the bushes etc themselves....just saying..

Yes.

I'm not sure you want to start picking out reasons not to put in planks.

• Like 1