Sign in to follow this  
CountZero

The Future of Wurm Unlimited

I'm no programmer so I was hoping some of the main mod makers here could answer a question...

With the end of official support, Retro mentioned that they had added some extra stuff in the last updates to help with graphics and things.....do you modders see plenty of potential for new and interesting mods or have we more or less reached saturation with what can be done and what we have now is more or less it?

WU is pretty much gonna be overshadowed when official steam wurm servers go live.

I don't mind about the official servers. WO will clearly evolve in its own direction - but can WU evolve from this point?

If you don't count in population problems, yes, of course it can.

If you factor in population problems, I highly doubt there would be a minecraft-style plenthora of mods.

• Like 1

"Of course it can"

Is that because of the extra stuff that was added in the final patch? Because it has felt like modders have been hitting up against the technical limits of what can be done for a while before that.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, CountZero said:

Because it has felt like modders have been hitting up against the technical limits of what can be done for a while before that.

Modders have been hitting complexity cap, not technical limits of what can be done.

Thats ofc just my opinion.

Edited by nekoexmachina