Sign in to follow this  
Trance104

Collision - Player can become stuck in a door-way that he does not have permission to

During a recent PvP encounter, the enemy was going in and out of doorways. If you got too close, you became stuck in the door. You were unable to become unstuck and were "teleporting" repeatedly until you were murdered.

Unsure if it's PvP related or if you can just get stuck by getting too close to an open door. 

To be clear, there was PvP and this happened in a double door.

MY repro steps:

Ensure that there is a door way that only one account can access

Engage in PvP

Have the player that has access to the door enter it

Have the non-accessed player attempt to continue fighting him by running up against the open door collision

Observe stuck

*edit*

Edited for typos.

Edited by Trance104

During a recent PvP encounter, the enemy was going in and out of doorways. If you got too close, you became stuck in the door. You were unable to become unstuck and were "teleporting" repeatedly until you were murdered.

Unsure if it's PvP related or if you can just get stuck be getting too close to an open door. 

To be clear, there was PvP and this happened in a double door.

MY repro steps:

Ensure that there is a door way that only one account can access

Engage in PvP

Have the player that has access to the door enter it

Have the non-accessed player attempt to continue fighting him by running up against the open door collision

Observe stuck

This bug can happen if any npc/player opens the door and you try to walk through the open door without permission.  Defiantly annoying though, I've accidentally walked straight through stone house walls and become stuck the same way as a side note.

• Like 1

I suspect it has something to do with the recent wall collision update.

Unless, in your experience it has happened for a while now?

Happened to me one time while attacking Rome's wardeed. Came off my horse and then couldn't get it back. Lost the horse, the armor, the saddle and the shoes. Luckily had just obtained a backup horse from Roman stock so was able to ride that one out.

i have seen this several times.

even when u start to teleport you can be attacked from both sides of the door once stuck.. a quick relog got me to safety.

i also notice this happen more since the collision update.

before the update this  would only happen if you tried to walk into a door that was locked and it had a guard tower behind it.. the guard tower would have a donut house built around it so it would be sticking through the walls cause its is a lil bigger then a 1x1 tile.

This was a big problem and it cost two of us their affinities and gear.