Sign in to follow this  
Omar

Mooring rope..

Did you know about the Mooring rope trick?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Did you know about the Mooring rope trick?

• Yes cos i'm pro. Bring it back!
    • No. Please bring it back so I can enjoy it!

As far as I'm concerned, mooring ropes were never intended to be able to lead any number of animals. Therefore it's a bug, perhaps a non-critical bug that does not warrant bans for exploiting it, but still a bug.

I've been walking around with 3 regular ropes in my cotton satchel of small important things for forever. If you want to lead animals, you need ropes. If 1.50kg is too heavy for you, you don't get to lead 3 animals (you could ride a 4th one). It's like a time old wisdom of Wurm.

Asking to revert that bugfix might well be one of the most ridiculous outcries I've ever had the pleasure of shaking my head at in Wurm.

• Like 2

I've been using mooring rope to lead creatures for quite some time for two purposes, one being that one mooring rope weighs less than 4 regular ropes. The second reason being, you can lead multiple creatures with one rope, therefore eliminating the hassle of switching between multiple ropes to lead multiple creatures.

Regardless of weather this was intentionally or not, I certainly wouldn't consider it a 'bug', in the sense that it did not break anything in the game, in fact it enhanced the usability of the game. I know many saw it as a feature. I can't see any justifiable reason why they shouldn't have kept this the way it was.

So, Code AB, I ask that you please revert the changes you've made with the mooring rope. It was fine the way it was.

• Like 4

I would like to report another bug:

I am able to lead a horse with a potatoe  :P

• Like 1

That's cause you are supposed to use a carrot ;)

Being able to lead a horse without a rope because of horse equipment (bridle?), but instead a potato, a shovel, or an unfinished cedarwood caravel is misleading. As far as I'm concerned as a reasonably sane programmer, it is a bug in the sense of having to have an active item to be able to start leading equipped horses.

So all that fuss that people have been making about this particular bug is a little embarrassing (for them), in my opinion.

• Like 1

I am able to play Wurm on a potato too.

My opinion is this still is a daily constant pain.

That and the haul up/haul down compared to the old multistory unload mechanism.

Edited by Ikeprof

Being able to lead a horse without a rope because of horse equipment (bridle?), but instead a potato, a shovel, or an unfinished cedarwood caravel is misleading. As far as I'm concerned as a reasonably sane programmer, it is a bug in the sense of having to have an active item to be able to start leading equipped horses.

So all that fuss that people have been making about this particular bug is a little embarrassing (for them), in my opinion.

you are right they should require you to activate your hand to lead horses with bridles.

you are right they should require you to activate your hand to lead horses with bridles.

yes, everybody has got a hand to activate... unlike the 'not sure which rope to take now anymore' option :P

....or just add a new item to the game and call it a "lead" and let us lead 4 animals at once with that.

• Like 1

-1 mooring ropes are not for leading animals  .. its as simple as that.

Argument invalid when i use my steel and flint like 70% of the time to lead my horses...

Yea I don't think it was an accident either.  At some point one of the devs thought it would be cool to add then Rolf decided he didn't like it so it became a bug to be 'fixed' which sounds better than a feature that was removed.

Another enlightned one! Well met sir.

And people were supposed to KNOW that this was a bug even though it was put into the game at the same time as the bridle leading capacity was and the fact that this made the game more pleasant to deal with for those that used it? Crying about carts throwing you out after 10 tiles is nothing to be mocked about, it's a serious issue in a game we're paying to play. People questioning whether or not something that was useful actually was a bug due to insufficient documentation is not a laughing matter either.

I don't know about you, but I think it's terribly ###### up that bugs that actually improve gameplay become fixed before things that impede it are even looked at. To be fair there wasn't even a way to tell for sure that this WAS a bug since the other rope change wasn't documented either. It's a really slippery slope once undocumented features are deemed bugs and Rolf's been at that game for way too long.

Exactly Aeris. This is the same bullcrap as always. The devs refuse to document the changes and features so they can always argue that its a bug whether it is or not.

Look at the reinforced walls bid. Apparently not being able to destroy them was a bug, a bug that required giving a Mag spell to all other priests though... Man some bug.

So yeah, everyone saying "oh, you should fix bugs, but not this bug".

To code club the simple fact that you can play the game can be deemed a bug at any time, as long as it strikes a dev's fancy. Which is why they never document changes in more than vague terms, that way they can always mess with it later without accountability.

Well, whatcha expect.. suggest minor QoL improvements in these forums and you'll inevitably end up with the usual bunch of kids demanding that it not be done because in their TEN YEARS of gaming experience on a mix of PS3 and WinXP, they've gotten to accept the purity of gaming as a cause to champion, and anyone not wanting to grind 10 hours a day is lazy for having a job in real life, when they should have done like kesha says and die young.  And those kids are LOUD and consistent in thread derailing.

Hell, some players are so damn elite they found it necessary to oppose the server reset warning being increased from 10 to 20 minutes and if they take the time to -1 simple improvements among those lines, must be interesting to see what else is being whispered to Rolf and crew on IRC to make the game more "pure".  Can't have people unfairly "winning" in PvE, after all.

LOL... Too good... Ran out of likes...

Oh, that was unintended... If you look back at when the change was done, you weren't supposed to need an active item... But the devs didn't fix it at launch, and soon became a "feature" because they couldn't be bothered...

I fully expect some day it will be removed entirely, "because you weren't supposed to lead horses with a potato".

• Like 1