Sign in to follow this  
Omar

Mooring rope..

Did you know about the Mooring rope trick?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Did you know about the Mooring rope trick?

• Yes cos i'm pro. Bring it back!
    • No. Please bring it back so I can enjoy it!

Imagine how much of this backlash could have been averted, if only an official channel came out ahead of time and said, "Hey guys, Mooring Rope isn't working as intended. We're going to temporarily change it, while we look at possible options of replacing it in the future. We'll let you know as soon as we have something concrete."

I love this.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 5

Thanks for starting this Omar.

Please add a "no don't bring it back" option to make it a fair poll though. ;)

I'd recommend a regular rope be changed so it can lead 4 animals.

Mooring ropes should be left for construction.

• Like 4

Imagine how much of this backlash could have been averted, if only an official channel came out ahead of time and said, "Hey guys, Mooring Rope isn't working as intended. We're going to temporarily change it, while we look at possible options of replacing it in the future. We'll let you know as soon as we have something concrete."

I love this.

I hereby nominate you as "Public relations consultant"! :D

I hereby nominate you as "Public relations consultant"! :D

I only work with professionals.

• Like 1

I love this.

Yes. I wonder if they even use the staff chat channels to get preliminary feedback on changes?

Thanks for starting this Omar.

Please add a "no don't bring it back" option to make it a fair poll though. ;)

I'd recommend a regular rope be changed so it can lead 4 animals.

Mooring ropes should be left for construction.

That's more for the suggestion and ideas forum, this thread is just a cheeky way to get ppls attention to it :P

I say no because it was not known to all players and some people knew and hid the fact.

Using a mooring rope to lead 4 animals did seem strange, you would think the heavy rope would choke the animals.

Let mooring ropes be for mooring, as the name implies.

• Like 1

Bugged unintended feature that was reverted. Good change on that basis. Unnecessary anyway, just use 2 regular ropes which work fine for large carts. For wagons make 2 trips. Hardly a significant change in comparison to some others.

=Ayes=

I knew mooring ropes could lead animals as I have used them before on toons that didn't have ropes on them but i had no idea that you only needed 1. I wouldn't have even thought to try more than one since with ropes it wont let you.  I always have carried 3 ropes with me at all times for years and now 4 ropes since they changed it that you can lead 4 animals. For me nothing has changed.

Edit- Should have at least made this a proper poll instead of what it is.

Edited by Evilvision

Where's the "Leave the fix as is and prmaban everyone that used the bug" option? :P

I was sure this functionality was intentional since it became possible around the same time as it became possible to lead more animals with the help of bridles. Neither of the changes were documented so I suppose the other one's a bug too then....

• Like 2

Why would you assume it was a bug?

I just assumed the idea wss that a stronger rope, possibly more complex rope gave the ability to lead more than one... made sense when I heard about it.

I am sorry to hear they have removed it.

• Like 1

Reality is, it wasn't a bug until they decided, for whatever reason, that it was. I'm beginning to see a pattern with that in this game. They were well aware of how it was working and only just chose now to change it. You can't chastise or ban people for exploiting a "bug" that wasn't really a bug. I.e. they were just playing the game.  :huh:

• Like 3

lol everyone cries fix the bugs now it's wait not that one.

• Like 6

Well at least it isnt as bad and when the lights went out......;)

lol everyone cries fix the bugs now it's wait not that one.

Rolf once said, in one of those videos where he was playing with a guy interviewing him about Wurm and stuff in some sort of a live stream. that having 100 rafts in 1 ship wasnt an intended game feature. But he left it in the game, because allot of people were using it that way.

Quotes like that, and sudden changes like these makes me wonder where Rolf/devs draw a line.

Because increasing the amount of items you can transport with a ship by a huge amount, seems a little bit more "unintended" then being able to lead 4 animals with 1 rope. (I know: "crates" but this quote comes from waaaay before crates were introduced in the game)

The mooring rope doesnt affect me one bit, since I never heard of it since this week. But I just found it interesting, seeing this dart-board-randomness choosing of which "features" stay ingame and which not.

There are many many more know "features" that allot of wurmians use, that we know arent supposed to be ingame the way they are now.

But the fact that they have been brought up many times in the past 6 years (wiki and/or forum), and still nothing has changed about them in 6 years and counting, makes us think Rolf has made his "peace" with them, just like he did with the 100 rafts/boat one.