Sign in to follow this  
aamanus

Small change to Twitter settings

For the sake of ease of management, would be nice if you could set in the twitter settings for a prefix to be sent with all messages; for example, a village named "A Wurm Village", I could set the prefix to [AWV]. In the twitter feed, posts would show up as "[AWV] Badguy raises the settlement alarm!", allowing the same twitter to be used for multiple villages and be able to tell which village the message originates from.

• Like 1

Personally, I find the Twitter messages to be game breaking.

Why should another source totally unaware of Wurm be able to tell you that your village is being raided?

What's the point of even being online then?

• Like 5

For those that can't be online 24x7, the twitter messages are invaluable.

What's the point of even being online then?

Umm... I'm online to play the game?

Fact is that the twitter feeds are there, and they are invaluable currently. (though I would have said a better option would simply be that village guards alert in alliance, instead of in twitter, or some such), but currently having to register different twitter accounts for a few villages you own is tedious and somewhat ridiculous.

Yeh. Online to kill alts and plant a chain of 10x10 deeds everywhere so people can't recap towers. : D

Edited by Oreo

Can't you set the same app_id/secret/token for all your villages ? It should work. All you do is "fool" the server to POST at the same wall for each village by setting same credentials for all your villages.

Y now I get it. We do need a prefix indeed.

+1

Edited by Issle

...and plant a chain of 10x10 deeds everywhere so people can't recap towers. : D

Wonder where we got that from  :rolleyes:

TheWhiteSquare.jpg

Man... these white squares come in handy :)

That's from the JK Map util isn't it ?

Edited by Issle
  • Like 1

Bump to add:

Twitter have recently changed it so that you must have a mobile phone registered with a twitter account to change the settings in the application to read/write, which is required for Wurm to be able to post to the twitter feed, meaning that having to manage multiple accounts is now even more tedious.

I dunno, I haven't seen too many JK deeds(if any) being placed as place holders on what was once MR Territory, to prevent PvP in an open field.  Now people have to disband those deeds that are literally nothing.. and then recap the towers.  

Given they dont plant another deed before they cap them, or they recap them after and just plant the deed yet again.

So.. I guess I too wonder where you got it from.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Oreo

If I remember correctly, Rivendell was in our own land.. yeah?  Not in land that we captured towers.  Weird.

Should check up on that coughing tho, may be spending a bit too much time with the guys.

I dunno, I haven't seen too many JK deeds(if any) being placed as place holders on what was once MR Territory, to prevent PvP in an open field.  Now people have to disband those deeds that are literally nothing.. and then recap the towers.  

Given they dont plant another deed before they cap them, or they recap them after and just plant the deed yet again.

So.. I guess I too wonder where you got it from.  :rolleyes:

If only there was some sort of warning or notification of when another kingdom was conquering your land. Gimme a minute, I'll phone Rolf on the MR Hotline and see what we can do.

• Like 1

Oh, is that how it goes?

Maybe I was getting at how Chaos is a server that doesn't need tower capturing.  It's not small like Elevation is, not even close.

If I remember correctly, Rivendell was in our own land.. yeah?  Not in land that we captured towers.  Weird.

Should check up on that coughing tho, may be spending a bit too much time with the guys.

What exactly constitutes as "your land"? Owning towers in the land? hmm. Gotem.

>wat

What do you mean constitutes as your land?

How long has that been JK Influence?

May not be now, but that's because its easy to right click conquer and sit still for 10 mins.

Nice try tho, I don't even see why you post tbh, seems you lost your cough, take my advice?

Edited by Oreo

Fight for what you want. Also what are you even on about with this cough thing? Its probably some kindergarten epic joke thing that is beyond my comprehension that only 15 year old "swag" 4chan idiots know.

Take it as you will.  Also, I've never used the word swag nor do I post on 4chan nor am I 15.   :(

Edited by Oreo

Please just take your bridge and leave mah suggestion thread.

Le bump. No bridges here neither, so trolls keep out.