Sign in to follow this  
Gurubear

Who ARE the people of a new server?

If a new server happens, who are the people there?

Is this a neutral place where all people can mix together? (That may not be very easy, techy wise, so might not work)

Is it a brand new people with a new look? And if so, what look? (I like the idea that this is in the far south - where it is warmer!)

Is it a variation of what we have now, but with some subtle changes?

What are your thoughts?

Don't make it a mix of other kingdoms, it'll just end up with a mess with PvP and tower guards like on GV.

Furthermore deeds can't be managed like on home server that way either, making the entire server one kingdom. If both JK, MR and HOTS would be present they'd need to be building towers in order to found deeds (like on wild) and you'd end up with a massive mess with hardly any deed, no way to get to islands, etc.

Just make a new Kingdom, say they're all whitelighters for easiness' sake (guess you could say that they don't mind blacklighters, and add a black light there too), make some new tower, male/female and guard models and you're set. :P

I think it would be nice if it was simply neutral ground and JK, MR and BL could go therre freely (as Prem). The economy could use this as well as some spirited duals and sparring competitions. there simply is no way to create a safe arena or market for all to share on wild. However there are many things to consider for this to work it would have to be a server next to wild to be fair. A snowy northern server would be fine with me, But I think that would be best saved for future wild type servers (the north path) and that any new Non PVP server might best be suited off the far side of the current former home servers. but then it would more likely be a JK or MR only type, to fit properly at least.

Obviously I am one that wants free travel open to all, but am fine with a no PVP server.

If you start with the thought that it would be kingdomless, and so the look could be different. Then you must ask if it is godless as well, or which gods will be allowed to be followed. If it was simply neutral then there could be neutral deeds, with the plain clothed spirits of the type that is the deed holder, but otherwise BL, MR and JK models could live together and worship as they please. Of course then you have that Myclinium (sp?) getting all over the place making a mess... Hmmm definatly need to give this more thought... ;)

If it is new type, are there also new gods and religions to follow? Lots of things to work out. but discussion is good to figure it out.

Make a new kingdom and give players the choice of avater?

that way the deed/towers/influence problem doesnt crop up but people can be "thier" kingdom?

I agree with a new kingdom/no kingdom, but make it so theres only one kingdom. And yes players should be able to choose their own avatar, as I have a soft spot for the gorgeous MR women and the wonderful MR clothes. I also think you should be able to choose tower type, or something along the lines of that when you start building it, because I am also in love with the grain silos.

No kingdoms with choice of avatar/tower model would work best.

If you have 100% one kingdom, other kingdom's players may have trouble getting there unless crossing into the server caused and required an automatic usage of a convert.

If you have mixed kingdoms, it'll be a big mess like GV.

If you have no kingdoms, while kingdom chat would need to be reworked so we still have some global chat, I don't see any negatives other than coding in the avatar/tower model choices and the mentioned lack of kingdoms for kingdom chat...

Could be Looking For Kingdom chat I suppose, though if you're permanently no kingdom on a no-PVP server, that doesn't sound right...

Or it could be PA Help like in GV...

Though that wasn't meant to be, that's how it is.

I am for the no kingdom idea too.

This is also partly because I personally like the idea the the other lands are the Kingdom Lands to the north, and this is something different - no king to start with!  :)

I also like the idea of choosing your avatar. If this were possible, it might be that it could be expanded in the future - a sort of half way house to being able to customise your look.

I like the no kingdom/pick avatar.

To fit within the lore: JKH and MRH were discovered and claimed by those kingdoms, and the wilds are still contested.  Perhaps the new land discovered to the south is still the closely held possession of the Wurm gods (3 or 4).  They have refused the kingdoms entry or influence; since the kingdoms do not allow refugees from JKH and MRH to return to their own lands on the other side of the portal, the gods have provided a refuge to the south.

(If towers are artifact of the kingdoms and their wars, are towers buildable in the new lands?  I'd vote no.)

Everything should be albino.

white-albino-gator.jpg

american-albino.jpg

AlbinoLeo.jpg

Sephiroth.jpg

well, choose your tower design, I suppose.

Towers are really just a practical thing - the kingdoms use them for their purposes, people of the New Worlds would use them for theirs - spider traps.

No kingdom would  suit the feel of independant craftman/farmer JOATs that we are trying to achieve here.  Maybe a council of twelve or some such thing derived from the various villages that will form.  Kings and that sort of thing should be one of the things we leave behind.

I am in favor of dumping religion as well but I know how dependant people are on woa and coc tools. If there is religion it should only be one. The type doesnt really matter but I like the concept of a religion that the other 3 decended from. a sort of prereligion if you like..

hmmm - maybe not a religion, but some Lore that is studied somehow.

(This could really mess Rolf up, and understandably not happen!)

It would have to be something that uses EXACTLY the same mechanisms, but is described in a different way. You can even therefore keep the different "paths to knowledge" which are what we have with the different Gods currently. That would mean that anyone who already has Priesty Skills, will automatically convert on the new server, if you see what I mean.

You would grow a special tree, perhaps, rather than make an alter (you get a sprout blessed, I guess). You would not pray to it, but would have to tend it or it withers and dies, something like that.

On the coucil of 12 bit, I did write somewhere that the mayors of villages (not homesteads) could be members of a council of some sort, should they wish.

However, as I have found in organising ANYTHING in Wurm, the reality is that these are players with real lives and other commitments, and it often does not work out. I am not totally sure what they would administer either. hehe

would we get artifacts? if it is classed as a "new" game?

I would like to be able to have 'village wars' like we already do - then we could arrange community event wars for the fun of it, but i'm not sure if dying from a village war = all skill loss or just fighting :V

As for being 100% isolated, i'm not a fan of this unless i was linked to the non-pvp servers too. I would like to see the new server (map), and if i dislike it, i would like the chance to head back.

If not, converting there and back + a grace period on that server would be cool (and limit items MADE on that server, to stay on that server).

All 4 gods on the server would be cool too, but i dunno how that would work out if libila is an outcast heh.

I think it would be best if it's one kingdom, with avatar of choice. (You simply wouldn't notice anywhere that the kingdom actually exists, except for the part where part of the upkeep and such goes to the king (where else could it go to?))

I submit that in order to be truly neutral, alignment and especially faith/favor cannot be incremented or decremented while there. In theory someone who starts there and lives perpetually will have 0.0 in all the religion skills.

I want new models for everything... I want it be a kingdom in it's own right, with it's own rligion, building design and colours. And while they're at it they can give JKs and HotS  new models, they look kinda tacky compared to MR IMO(the male player models in particular =P)

I want these for a our towers

A_coruna_torre_de_hercules_sunset_edit.jpg

And these for the guards :)

20090126_044844_Medieval%20Knight%20Iso%2002_view.jpg

FFS, we need media tags. Bloody pictures. I WANT THESE AWAAWW.

I know nothing about programing, I imagine there are things hardwired

into the game mechanics that make some options a nightmare.

I am for the path of least resistance for Rolf.

If it ends up being a seperate server with a new common avatar you could have JK MR and LO camps pop up like goblin camps. You know they are dying to invade us.Who knows might inspire some people to get a second account to get into the real war.

I submit that in order to be truly neutral, alignment and especially faith/favor cannot be incremented or decremented while there. In theory someone who starts there and lives perpetually will have 0.0 in all the religion skills.

I think people's desire is a politically neutral land, not a morally neutral one.

However, you raise a valid point: what happens to a person who drives his reputation to -200?  Are they moved immediately to the Blacklight?  Or do they become huntable outlaw at -1, BLer at -200, and the move to BL occurs if the person dies as a BLer (preventing an exploit to carry non-PvP goods to BL) (since everyone knows that goods made in non-PvP areas has some nefarious effect on wild).

All 4 gods on the server would be cool too, but i dunno how that would work out if libila is an outcast heh.

While I would not want to exclude Blacklighters who might wish to leave the PvP of Wild, I'm not sure how they fit in.  I'm not sure if any care to leave Wild or if Libila will simply remove all favor from such deserters.  I'm not a philosopher, so not sure what might be.

If it ends up being a seperate server with a new common avatar you could have JK MR and LO camps pop up like goblin camps. You know they are dying to invade us.Who knows might inspire some people to get a second account to get into the real war.

Your being too Paranoid.

Being on a Homeserver does not have the Paranoid thoughts of Wild, where your Best Friend could sell out his account to disband your deed for the Attackers.

Spies do nothing but spread blasphemy and treachery in Kchat, turning what was once a wonderfully social community into something as reclusive as a Cult. And frankly in my view, people who do this should be banned. Their no better than the Trolls of this Forum and destroy the natural harmony of a Community.

Moving Server should be done with a simple reset. Infact, it is the way I imagine it to be implemented. A simple /gosocial and your back at square one with newbie tools and 1 skill in everything. Maybe with a few dozen "Tool Containers" to get us started too.

Your being too Paranoid.

Being on a Homeserver does not have the Paranoid thoughts of Wild, where your Best Friend could sell out his account to disband your deed for the Attackers.

Spies do nothing but spread blasphemy and treachery in Kchat, turning what was once a wonderfully social community into something as reclusive as a Cult. And frankly in my view, people who do this should be banned. Their no better than the Trolls of this Forum and destroy the natural harmony of a Community.

Moving Server should be done with a simple reset. Infact, it is the way I imagine it to be implemented. A simple /gosocial and your back at square one with newbie tools and 1 skill in everything. Maybe with a few dozen "Tool Containers" to get us started too.

I will take the hit on poor writing skills but Im not paraniod. Lets break down what i said.

If it ends up being a seperate server with a new common avatar  ( one of the ways the new server could go)

you could have JK MR and LO camps pop up like goblin camps.(npc I should have siad that,but thought like gobin camps covered that.)

You know they are dying to invade us.(humor needs a smile face)

Who knows might inspire some people to get a second account to get into the real war.(the npc JK MR and Lo camps could keep keep a connection to the pvp side of the game)

Anyway that was my thinking.

LO's a town not a Kingdom...I think you've confused Libilian outlawz(LO) with Horde of the Summoned(HotS, HOTS, HoTS or any other variation of capitals used in the wrong way.)

The most important thing about the new non-pvp server is that it is set up soon. Lots of good ideas in this thread but they assume either that a very different game can be designed quickly or that everyone will wait happily (for 6 months, 9 months, a year? ) until all these new developments can be implemented. Are either of those assumptions actually right?

I would favour as simple an adjustment as possible, keeping the present religions, groupings etc and with all the development effort going into a well designed landscape rather than new game features. Further changes could come in later but for now- just get it done and running quickly, before too many more non-PVP players decide to leave.

Well, I'm thinking these people could wear red and blue. Puffy Aladdin pants, males with just a vest, females with some sort of wierd poofy dress shirt thing. Also, having it not really a kingdom, but a lack thereof would be better. Have guard towers that are neutral, and just attack aggro creatures instead of having them be kingdom guards. Call them "Protectors" or something. Also, make it like a homeserver in the sense that you don't need influence to drop a deed.