Sign in to follow this  
Arhad

Why Dose Wurm Not Have A Deed Siege Timer?

yes and no

If you look at how things are currently i can see how one might assume that because right now defenders cant win 90% of the time due to being out numbers 20/1 normally. However if defenders think they can actually win will they still put the same amount of effort into logging off a bunch of stuff ? maybe, maybe not I tend to think not or at-lest no more then they already do so you point is moot at best.  Then there is also the question of what people consider "loot" i promises there is more on a deed then could ever be logged off with, But unless its rare or better most people get complacent.

heh so stop building 1 men strongholds if you care about defenders number. Best deed without defenders won't be able to survive. Siege Timers would only be thing to get stuff out and safely log off.

With 4-5 defenders you can easily defend against 20 ppl just like BL presented few weeks ago on BLH.

heh so stop building 1 men strongholds if you care about defenders number. Best deed without defenders won't be able to survive. Siege Timers would only be thing to get stuff out and safely log off.

With 4-5 defenders you can easily defend against 20 ppl just like BL presented few weeks ago on BLH.

hmm i fear you miss understand 1v20 is not a 1man deed.  The fact is that in wurm most people dont want pvp ( despite how much the complain that they do) they want easy zomg lootz. So they raid at off hrs of deeds in order to only have 1 or no defends online.

hmm i fear you miss understand 1v20 is not a 1man deed.  The fact is that in wurm most people dont want pvp ( despite how much the complain that they do) they want easy zomg lootz. So they raid at off hrs of deeds in order to only have 1 or no defends online.

They don't misunderstand. They just don't want this to be changed so they can keep doing what they are doing. What they are saying is not actually what they think.

If they like using the tactic of attacking while noone is online, why would they want it to be changed so they can't?

Or maybe they are actually saying what they think. Its getting hard to tell.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Siege times in Wurm means = No point to raid for loot (during this timer everyone will log off alts with all loot) =  PvP isDead

This already happens, so it isn't a reason not to do this.

yea pvp servers are next to dead with little to no real pvp anyways only offline deed looting. Wheres the pvp in that? Epics just chicken picking if you ask me.

yea pvp servers are next to dead with little to no real pvp anyways only offline deed looting. Wheres the pvp in that? Epics just chicken picking if you ask me.

I agree. When I suggest to many of my freedom friends to try out epic, all they reply is that they wont join because "raiders could destroy everything they make while they sleep." If Rolf wants to attract more people to PvP, this would do it.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Tpikol, August 10, 2013 - personal attacks
Hidden by Tpikol, August 10, 2013 - personal attacks

No, it wouldn't, and that's why everyone looks at you to having the intelligence of a rotting lemon

• Like 2

No, it woudn't

It would attrach more people that don't pvp to a pvp server.

You see, this is one of many reasons why people are always saying "go back to Freedom." It's not a simple matter of "you have a different playstyle than me, therefore I don't like you." It's that non-PvPers who live on PvP servers tend to make suggestions like this in order to make life easier for themselves, when in reality it causes more problems than it solves. There will always be downsides to having a life outside of Wurm, and one of those downsides just happens to be the fact that you can't defend 24/7. Rolf can't hold your hand through every little disadvantage that you might have. Adapt like the rest of us have and please recognize that one week's worth of PvP experience is not enough of a guide to help you determine which parts of the game are unfair and which aren't.

• Like 1

You see, this is one of many reasons why people are always saying "go back to Freedom." It's not a simple matter of "you have a different playstyle than me, therefore I don't like you." It's that non-PvPers who live on PvP servers tend to make suggestions like this in order to make life easier for themselves, when in reality it causes more problems than it solves. There will always be downsides to having a life outside of Wurm, and one of those downsides just happens to be the fact that you can't defend 24/7. Rolf can't hold your hand through every little disadvantage that you might have. Adapt like the rest of us have and please recognize that one week's worth of PvP experience is not enough of a guide to help you determine which parts of the game are unfair and which aren't.

OR it could be that pvp's not pvdeeders actually want to pvp and force engagements. if people don't know then people wont show its really that simple.

Please refrain from saying that I'm a "non-PvPer" with "little experience." I am not the only one who supports this, and I've played this game long enough to know how it works. Also, this is hardly a reason for me to be incorrect. Please give actual reasons instead of saying I am "not experienced enough" to have my own opinion. If I didn't want PvP, I would be playing on Freedom.

The reason why many people including myself support this idea is because we joined epic for PvP and not to lose our stuff while we can't defend it. We would rather see fighting than raiding groups that pillage deeds while no one is around to defend. This is the reason that Epic is so unpopular right now. I want to see more people playing on Epic so the experience for us all is more interesting. Its hardly interesting when raiders attack while most people are offline, so the only fighting that occurs is raider vs wall and guards. That's not PvP, its griefing. We all joined this server for the fun of fighting enemies together, not to attack after no one is online and stay up late to make sure our stuff is safe through the night. It makes this game more of a chore and less fun at the same time.

This would be a major change, but it will greatly improve the game.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

About low population its of course bullish.

Epic cluster has average 40% online from whole Wurm population every day. I wouldn't call it low.

Elevation players 75/400 Deliverance players 139/800 Pristine players 100/400 Independence players 203/800 Exodus players 79/800 Celebration players 64/400 Serenity players 63/400 Desertion players 52/400 Golden Valley players 5/400 Release players 111/400 Chaos players 59/800 Affliction players 22/400 Total players 972/6400

Actually its more like 20%, or 1/5.

Freedom has such a large population because most people like the PvE playstyle more. One of the reasons is because no one wants their stuff looted while they sleep at night. Maybe you haven't noticed, but most people who play on Epic are young and have a lot of free time.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Elevation players 75/400 Deliverance players 139/800 Pristine players 100/400 Independence players 203/800 Exodus players 79/800 Celebration players 64/400 Serenity players 63/400 Desertion players 52/400 Golden Valley players 5/400 Release players 111/400 Chaos players 59/800 Affliction players 22/400 Total players 972/6400

Actually its more like 20%, or 1/5.

Freedom has such a large population because most people like the PvE playstyle more. One of the reasons is because no one wants their stuff looted while they sleep at night. Maybe you haven't noticed, but most people who play on Epic are young and have a lot of free time.

Most people are dumb too, notice this suggestion

jk + mr tried to raid dsc with 25 or so people and there was 6 people defending, they got 1 wall down and then 1 of the attackers died and then they retreated, meanwhile in ec the players online either logged off or ran away, not bothering defending.

at the deed the people there tried to defend but died, it is a matter of how prepared you are and how well you can handle defending in a raid, if you don't have people from different timezones then that is your fault.

Edited by Che

Please refrain from saying that I'm a "non-PvPer" with "little experience." I am not the only one who supports this, and I've played this game long enough to know how it works. Also, this is hardly a reason for me to be incorrect. Please give actual reasons instead of saying I am "not experienced enough" to have my own opinion. If I didn't want PvP, I would be playing on Freedom.

The reason why many people including myself support this idea is because we joined epic for PvP and not to lose our stuff while we can't defend it. We would rather see fighting than raiding groups that pillage deeds while no one is around to defend. This is the reason that Epic is so unpopular right now. I want to see more people playing on Epic so the experience for us all is more interesting. Its hardly interesting when raiders attack while most people are offline, so the only fighting that occurs is raider vs wall and guards. That's not PvP, its griefing. We all joined this server for the fun of fighting enemies together, not to attack after no one is online and stay up late to make sure our stuff is safe through the night. It makes this game more of a chore and less fun at the same time.

This would be a major change, but it will greatly improve the game.

If you want pvp, you have to let people attack you.

As you have said, people cant play all the time, raiders cant either.

Going to a home server and finding a nice place to raid then going "oh, it is locked except from x-x, thats when i have work, i can never raid that place" after going all the way there to see is just silly.

There is also the fact that you can literally log out with everything valuable before your deed goes vuneralble, and log it back in later.

Edited by Kagrenac

Bump, because of a recent raid on elevation.

From the mouth of the wise Spider:

when mr come when we all on than all mr die mr know bow he cant win vs kos so he must come whenwe sleep adn steal all stuff and spend many hours on that

but i say when mr have fun is ok that is a bugged game and is ever bugged game

Edited by Sir Arowhun