Sign in to follow this  
Corwen

Paving Skill Up

Is there a certain type of paving that gives more skill gain than others while going from 30 to 40?

No, I'm at 60 and still packing dirt is one of the best along with making and improving house floors.

#Edit: By house floor I mean all floor except wooden floor (those are carpentry for some reasons)

Edited by TheMadDoctor

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but from packing dirt tiles to raise paving skill a time comes when you gain little to no skill. I'm pretty sure it isn't due to standing in the same position; instead a timer. Usually for me, I'm able to gain about 1.0 to 1.5 paving skill before this "timer" runs out. Then it appears you have to wait a specific amount of time before you can continue gaining skill. I haven't paid much attention to the amount of time you must wait, but it appears to be around the 10-15 minute mark. Anyone else got any more information on this?

Haven't seen what you are talking about Timme, I use a low quality shovel with a high CoC and activate sleep bonus, I always had great result without any down time in the gain.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Xsamuraizx, April 13, 2013 - Spam
Hidden by Xsamuraizx, April 13, 2013 - Spam

wot is pav?

Haven't seen what you are talking about Timme, I use a low quality shovel with a high CoC and activate sleep bonus, I always had great result without any down time in the gain.

Might just be me then. I'm using a low quality shovel with no CoC. Have you done it recently? Might be a new addition.

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but from packing dirt tiles to raise paving skill a time comes when you gain little to no skill. I'm pretty sure it isn't due to standing in the same position; instead a timer. Usually for me, I'm able to gain about 1.0 to 1.5 paving skill before this "timer" runs out. Then it appears you have to wait a specific amount of time before you can continue gaining skill. I haven't paid much attention to the amount of time you must wait, but it appears to be around the 10-15 minute mark. Anyone else got any more information on this?

I had this happen last night,

I also get the exact same thing. Really annoying.

I also get the exact same thing. Really annoying.

Happens with more skills, ie prospecting, if you prospect on the same spot for too long you stop getting skill. Just move to another place.

You could always pave a mountain.

EDIT: or a desert

Edited by Slideshow

Is there a certain type of paving that gives more skill gain than others while going from 30 to 40?

I made 12 slate floors as soon as I hit 30, and imped them all - got me to 40.