Sign in to follow this  
nuggets

Really Like The Game But There Are Some Scumbag Mods

Apparently talking about wemp is against game rules...

Apparently being upset about being abused by mods for no reason is also against the rules.

This game is probably one of the best I have played but giving moderator power to people so weak that they feel the need to abuse paying customers is irresponsible to say the least.

Has anyone else been abused by the mods on this game? What did you do?

Apparently I can send a forum pm to another mod to complain about this abuse, I'm sooooo sure he/she will side with me over his fellow mod and settle this fairly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Should I just swallow my pride and be abused like a beaten dog, or just take my money and time elsewhere?

pm enki or oracle on the forum, see what they say. then leave or stay based on that

Edited by Kuro

Best PM Enki or Oracle about it and give the whole run down of what happened.

Not allowed to discuss this type of thing on the Forums...

Best PM Enki or Oracle about it and give the whole run down of what happened.

Not allowed to discuss this type of thing on the Forums...

Oh yes of course you can't how could I be so stupid, should have known...

I'm sorry mods please delete and probably ban me.

Oh yes of course you can't how could I be so stupid, should have known...

I'm sorry mods please delete and probably ban me.

of cause such matters are not public, it is not for the entertainment of the general public

edit: even if it could be rather entertaining

Edited by Kuro

The discussion isn't usually about a specific GM treating you wrong but how all GMs are abusing their powers. Even if it was just one GM this undermines the authority of all GMs and makes life for them harder than it's already is.

The discussion isn't usually about a specific GM treating you wrong but how all GMs are abusing their powers. Even if it was just one GM this undermines the authority of all GMs and makes life for them harder than it's already is.

I don't think it was a GM just a lowly chat moderator drunk with power inferring weird things from somebody mentioning part of the game in an innocent manner.

I just feel wronged, In the one week I have played I have like 48 hours+ worth of play time, that is how much I love this game. Now because some moderator has some strange vendetta against me for whatever reason I am unable to fully enjoy the game. What am I supposed to talk about in the chat channel that I for sure don't have to fear being abused for? Apparently I cannot speak of crops in the game that we grow, what is next? Should I just not use the chat function at all?

I literally broke no rules whatsoever. If someone infers something from what I said that is their own weird problem why should I be punished for it?

I come from a dying game that I played for around 10 years and have invited many of my friends from that game to come play with me and told them how great it is, what am I supposed to tell them now, that I am banned from chat for discussing an in game item? I really want to continue playing but I do not feel this is at all fair.

The topic of issues in general that the current system of CA's CM's GM's placement, selection and the perception which among some (and more so by the day that whether that there is both some kind favoritism or that in general the severity of censorship in the chats

Edited by Joanavon

I dont see why these type of matters should not be discussed on the forum, i believe people should be entitled to freedom of speech. What is there to hide if abuse has been going on?

Edited by Maximustehgreat
  • Like 2

you should probably read the rules man :/ they said no publicly going against a mod, your flaming mods right now , If you have a problem with a GM CM or CA just pm Enki or Envy or any of the lead guys not rant on forums, its not gonna get you any sympathy or any favor.

Just because you clashed horns with a mod doesnt mean you should quit a game

Edit: if your refer to wemp as a narcotic its against the rules,

GM and pretty much most of the mods are really nice in this game

Edited by shadowblasta

Freedom of speech is a basic human right, but this forum is privately owned, so if this is against the rules, no matter how messed up that is, then I am sorry for breaking them. However I did not break any rules in game and did absolutely nothing to receive several official warnings in quick succession and then a ban from the chat channel. This is wrong and I cannot stand for it.

What other options do I have than to post on this forum? Sure people say PM so and so about it but what good do you honestly think that will do? I'm going to pm the guy who in all likelihood hired this abusive moderator in the first place and hope he sides with the guy who has only been playing for a little more than a week and subscribed a few days ago?

you should probably read the rules man :/ they said no publicly going against a mod, your flaming mods right now , If you have a problem with a GM CM or CA just pm Enki or Envy or any of the lead guys not rant on forums, its not gonna get you any sympathy or any favor.

Just because you clashed horns with a mod doesnt mean you should quit a game

I am not flaming anyone...

I also didn't clash with anyone, I was abused by a moderator in game for literally no reason and now I am afraid to use the chat function which is part of the game, a feature I paid for. If I cannot use this feature reasonably then I cannot justify paying for or continuing to play this game, as much as that saddens me.

I am not flaming anyone...

I also didn't clash with anyone, I was abused by a moderator in game for literally no reason and now I am afraid to use the chat function which is part of the game, a feature I paid for. If I cannot use this feature reasonably then I cannot justify paying for or continuing to play this game, as much as that saddens me.

the title of your threat says scumbag mods... all you need to do is pm enki he is the nicest admin ever, he will investigate any abuse of power, or even fake accusation and settle this, there is never a good reason to start a negative thread it will just cause drama and it just plain looks bad... so :D enjoy the game talk to people on local or your server to avoid most problems, make friends with enough people and you can joke around

I'm sorry to hear that you feel you've been wronged. No one is perfect, and the moderators in this game are normal people just like you and me.. they are volunteers that play this game themselves. Everyone makes mistakes, and if you think that one of them made a mistake, please do let one of the lead game masters know. It's their job to receive complaints about moderators and help the moderators learn to do their jobs more effectively and to treat everyone fairly.

The lead game masters are Bodi (Pacer), Pomona, and Timur (Tamorlane).

Let them know what happened, provide chat logs if it will help, and talk it over with them in a PM. They do their best to be fair and objective, and they won't automatically side with anyone, not even people on their 'team.' Keep in mind that they didn't get into their current positions by protecting vested interests, they got there by being fair and honest, and doing the right thing. The expansion in player base recently has led to an unusually fast increase in moderators, so the lead GM's need more information on how to help these mods improve, now more than ever.

Hope that helps.

the title of your threat says scumbag mods... all you need to do is pm enki he is the nicest admin ever, he will investigate any abuse of power, or even fake accusation and settle this, there is never a good reason to start a negative thread it will just cause drama and it just plain looks bad... so :D enjoy the game talk to people on local or your server to avoid most problems, make friends with enough people and you can joke around

I suppose it does say scumbag, I am sorry I was upset and truly felt this guy was a scumbag but I can see how it would be inappropriate.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel you've been wronged. No one is perfect, and the moderators in this game are normal people just like you and me.. they are volunteers that play this game themselves. Everyone makes mistakes, and if you think that one of them made a mistake, please do let one of the lead game masters know. It's their job to receive complaints about moderators and help the moderators learn to do their jobs more effectively and to treat everyone fairly.

The lead game masters are Bodi (Pacer), Pomona, and Timur (Tamorlane).

Let them know what happened, provide chat logs if it will help, and talk it over with them in a PM. They do their best to be fair and objective, and they won't automatically side with anyone, not even people on their 'team.' Keep in mind that they didn't get into their current positions by protecting vested interests, they got there by being fair and honest, and doing the right thing. The expansion in player base recently has led to an unusually fast increase in moderators, so the lead GM's need more information on how to help these mods improve, now more than ever.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the understanding responses guys but I quit pretty quickly without any intention of actually reporting this guy and didn't think to take screencaps or copy and paste the chat and really just wanted to come here and give my piece of mind before I left the game, I don't even remember the guy's name except that is began and ended with Xx's kind of like kids in junior high had on their names on AIM back in the day. That makes me even more mad that he probably was a child and I have been abused by a child.

I'd love ot continue playing but who is to say this wouldn't happen again and the fact that speaking out against the mods for abuse is against the rules kind of makes me think this happens all too often in this game and is generally accepted by the admins or whoever is in charge.

I had fun while it lasted and am grateful for you community leaders and any mods that actually have integrity and all the great people who play this game but this kind of behavior is just not for me.

there are logs in your wurm folder if you feel you have a case against him, just calm down gather your data and if need to contact a lead Game Master

To bring some light to it for you, I have been playing a week and a half, with 5 days, 19h 57 minutes already played [Yes, Hardcore gamer o.o] And I can't tell you how much help the Ca's/mods (and even a Gm in one case) has helped, Without them I would be stuck in a farm still. lol, anyhow. I'd either do as the others have already suggested, or continue playing and drop it. It's a great game, I'd sure as heck not give it up just because someone abused power (saying they really did).

Imho, continue to play, and enjoy it. We all have a problems now and again, But I'm not going to give up the best community I have ever seen, or gameplay, over that. - I'll keep on enjoying. :)

10) You should never challenge moderation in public. All issues relating to moderation should go to the moderator in question. If a satisfactory solution cannot be achieved then post your concerns to the Head GM.

That means EnvyODB, Tamorlane, Pomona or Pacer. Topic locked.

• Like 1