Sign in to follow this  
Ventrifact

Status Update Priorty To Startup Over Blog Please

It would do much to keep customers informed via the launcher's Startup screen rather than a blog. Please give that priority, currently it still states 18:00 while the blog has a later update.

• Like 6

I'd go further: Ditch forums and social media and make the Wurm client the 1:st priority information channel for all official announcements. These could then be arbitrarily mirrored elsewhere, the point being that every piece of official information should be accessible from the client startup screen, as this is the only message space many Wurm players ever see.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson
  • Like 6

I'd go further: Ditch forums and social media and make the Wurm client the 1:st priority information channel for all official announcements. These could then be arbitrarily mirrored elsewhere, the point being that every piece of official information should be accessible from the client startup screen, as this is the only message space many Wurm players ever see.

God no. A lot of people rely on those updates when they're not at their main computer. Just make sure everyone is aware of where the twitter feed is and where they can go to get the latest updates.

God no. A lot of people rely on those updates when they're not at their main computer. Just make sure everyone is aware of where the twitter feed is and where they can go to get the latest updates.

That's why I said they could be mirrored on Twitter and wherenot. The client is the one information screen that reaches the most players, yet it seems important information is constantly missing.

• Like 2

-1, push one button on the launcher and you'll find out if the server is up or not.

I also disagree with this. Ask yourself who does what? Doesn't Wossoo maintain the Twitter and Facebook feeds? It would be easy for him to get ahold of the Tumblr account too. He can get a quick update from Rolf, Zcul, and whoever else then post away. Updating the launcher seems like something only Rolf and maybe one or two other people have access to. I would rather they continue to keep their focus directed at getting the servers up and running and the client stable. Let Wossoo do his thing and let them do their's. If this was "one of the big boys" then ok, update the launcher. This is an indie game though. I think there are enough facets Wossoo oversees that you can easily pick at least one to follow. You have the option of using your phone to check social media or your computer to check a blog. In an ideal world you are right, but for the time being I don't see an issue with the current structure.

Or allow the dev forum account to publish to the forum, which should be able to push to the blog and twitter accounts (and the launcher update url "reads" one of these sources) so everything is updated from one point?

::edit insert:: If I can do this from a free WordPress blog, you'd think they'd be able to do this from a paid for service, at least that would be my expectation ::/edit::

Edited by Hussars

Everyone was crying and so they decided not to give any response anymore. fair enough

Edited by Sklo:D

The client is not necessarily a great place to get the status from. It either needs to contact the login server (which may be down) to get the status or every status update requires a new client download.

I'd suggest a single status location that the login server, web server, twitter etc all access. Updating that one location automatically updates all the others.

In other words it's not an issue of which gets updated first, it's an issue of arranging it such that they all extract status info from a central location.

The above of course assumes there's something that actually needs fixing. Considering the infrequency with which something as major as the release of 1.0 occurs it's not clear it does.

Edited by belthize

Something like Hootsuite allows for instant duplication on Twitter, Facebook, Wordpress, Google+, MySpace, ect. I think it would be a good idea to copy and paste that to the forums, but I do not know the bandwidth data on the forum. It is actually very possible more people check social networking rather than the forums. That is the sad state of gaming these days.

If demonstrated was an equal amount of patience and understanding in comparison to the willingness to point out trivial things and demand immediate resolutions, the traits conditioned by such an approach would have a tremendous positive impact in the grander scheme of things.

Edited by Wardruna
  • Like 1

I think they do a good job like it is...no sense giving an every minute by minute report.

Edited by Protunia