Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

South East Canal Ideas [Please Close]

59 members have voted

1. 1. What way should the canal go?

• Red path
    • Blue path
    • Neither

Had a little more consideration been taken in choosing a route, I would have likely helped with the project. Nobody likes having a situation forced upon them.

• Like 2

Since saying we were pulling out.. many have expressed that they do indeed want the canal to happen. So if you are in favor of it, speak up and say so. The canal would make travel for those merchants who ship bulk or need to deliver all over the server. Take Ridgepoint for instance.. one very AWESOME canal that Quiglen built. For those sailing from Exo and above.. just using that canal vs going east or west shaves off a large amount of time. And like someone else pointed out.. sometimes the direction you choose to sail also depends on the winds.

As for Amish Paradise being the "Juggernaut" of the server, I bought the deed my first few weeks in the game after it was shut down and deserted. My vision was to bring it to life, a central location for ALL on the server to do business from. I spend my time on it not because I want to be "Rome" but because I enjoy community aspects such as markets in all mmo's I play. Many told me when I bought it that I was insane.. I would never be able to bring it to life, and especially not as a "noob" only being in Wurm a matter of weeks. With help, and the community it has become what it is today. Something I am proud of to say the least.

As for me personally, I also do all I can to help those in need. If that's taking in the random wandering new player out wandering the lands, veteran players looking for a new home.. or just the random person who asks for help. My downfall tho, is trying to be the peacekeeper for all around me.. as I'm sure anyone who has dealt with me can tell you. (well.. maybe a few randoms Ive angered along the way, but really who hasn't made a enemy here or there).

At this point I feel like I'm just rambling.. so I will end it here for now and see what the community decides from here.

I fully agree Kidknie. But as I had said, The projects been taken out of my hands and started by those that live around AP

Had a little more consideration been taken in choosing a route, I would have likely helped with the project. Nobody likes having a situation forced upon them.

This is my sentiment, exactly.

It's not that I oppose the concept of a canal, it's that I value consensus far more. My wife and I have our deed on the lake, and we have enjoyed the serenity but I can also see the benefits of a canal. Commerce is okay in my book. To me, though, the most important thing is that we don't breed a bunch of resentment in the neighborhood. I'm certain we can come to a conclusion that satisfies everyone and helps grow the community but there needs to be a conversation and some patience exercised.

My only objection overall is the possible destruction of my mine which is in the path of the proposed canal and thus blocks it.

Now, there has been SO MUCH bad feeling over it and poor communication skills shown that i am loath to assist.

I recognise i "could" fix this problem by removeing my mine BUT at no time has anyone tried to actually ask anything of me, instead they have TOLD me.

I was always taught IF you wish someones assistance it is always best to first see what they think and if against try to persuade them round to your thinking, NEVER tell them your going to do it becuase you can and you don't care what they think!.

NEVER tell them your going to do it becuase you can and you don't care what they think!.

And really, never start the bulldozing until the zoning paperwork is in.

Well to all those that wanted the canal i'm saddened to say that due to the actions of a certain member being "clever" with the rules then i shall also stand by the letter and my mine which solidly bars the canal shall remain.

I would like to thank Aniceset who tried extremely hard to persuade me and we were within a second of agreement when the afore mentioned person started a griefing war.

I am extremely sorry Aniceset but if he can stab YOU in the back that way then what hope for the rest of us?

Untill this latest silly game "he" is playing ends this will remain my stance on the matter.

Again apologies to ALL of you who wanted the canal and ALL your thanks and apreciation should go to the efforts made by Aniceset.

Edited by Ancientstigg

If Rolf would give us airplanes we wouldn't have this problem

• Like 3

Aniceset has nothing to do with planning the canal i was the one who actually took action into creating the canal and the others who have help took the time out of their hands to quicken my efforts in the process.

Well the lake side of the project looks bad and it seems that all the dirt that has been dug up is now gone. If the project is not going to be completed then i hope it at least gets cleaned up so it does not look so bad. It is not really in my area but i did pass by it going to AP today and just thought well this canal thing sure has left a mess, lol

• Like 1

The end result of a tantrum is seldom cleaned up by anyone other than the parents.

• Like 1

i was gunna say something a bit more PC as in: go to a real building project shut down. do u think the workers come back to tear it down or clean up? the answer if u dont know it is no they do not.

though a few flat actions would solve it well enough

btw WHY is this thread NOT closed yet?

Edited by Nephilim

Because I don't think the thread is that hostile, and there is active discussion.

I personally would like to see a resolution. The mess is terrible and I'd be happy to help with the clean-up if that is the next step. Letting the area sit in limbo means that everybody loses. I'd rather have a canal than 100 1x1s and logs and stumps everywhere.

• Like 1

I offered to clean up the lake side, but the deed owner who lives there (Beck) told me to go ahead and leave as is. So I did as he wished. As far as the 1x1's, they are owned by all different people, and I haven't seen some of them on since the canal project was ended.

Edited by Aniceset
  • Like 1