Sign in to follow this  
CoinLab

Coinlab Faq: How To Earn Silver Coins With Your Graphics Card

*agitated at computer*

Okay.. Uninstalled client, reinstalled using the MSI package.. Now the client wont launch and it's giving me an OpenCL.DLL error (says its not there.. But it IS there...) o.O

(I'm about to put my foot through this computer) :P

(gonna TRY driver update...)

*edit* drivers were already up to date, but reinstalled anyway.. (Nvidia GeForce 6600, driver 306.97) msi client install still giving me the error about needing openCL.DLL libraries..

I have the same situation. Reinstalled the latest version, still no cookies... Old version seems to work fine.

im just gonna keep using the old client. The new one keeps getting me problems.

Downloaded and installed the client, but it complained that it was missing msvcp100.dll, OpenCL.dll and msvcr100.dll. Once I found and downloaded all three, I was then confronted with another error message:

"The procedure entry point_invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn could not be located in MSVCR100.dll." Any ideas?

It seems that while running the mining client.. It doesn't slow down the games I play, instead the games I play slows down the rate in which I mine.. I wonder if there is some way to reverse this?

Downloaded and installed the client, but it complained that it was missing msvcp100.dll, OpenCL.dll and msvcr100.dll. Once I found and downloaded all three, I was then confronted with another error message:

"The procedure entry point_invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn could not be located in MSVCR100.dll." Any ideas?

I tried installing on a latptop, and got the msvcp and opencl errors... Found the fix for the MSVCP one by searching on google to a forum post over on Steam that had a link to a Microsoft KB article... (don't remember the KB #, or I'd post that instead)

As for OpenCL.dll, I Think it is Video card driver specific, you can't just grab one and apply it, for this one, I'd try getting your latest video driver, and hoping that works.

Don't know anything about the msvcr one, possibly in the same KB as cp.

It seems that while running the mining client.. It doesn't slow down the games I play, instead the games I play slows down the rate in which I mine.. I wonder if there is some way to reverse this?

That's the way it's made, as I understand it.. It's supposed to be a background process that doesn't interfere with your operations.. If you want to max it out though, go into the settings and crank it to turbo (or go into advanced and set both to 10), I think that'll make it tax your system to the fullest extent.

That's the way it's made, as I understand it.. It's supposed to be a background process that doesn't interfere with your operations.. If you want to max it out though, go into the settings and crank it to turbo (or go into advanced and set both to 10), I think that'll make it tax your system to the fullest extent.

I did that anndd everyone is complaining of overheating and low FPS and just general performance drop.. That was what I wanted! But instead it's coinlab that is suffering lol. I wouldn't mind suffering performance on my games just to run this but it seems like I can't use my computer at all while it is running if I wanted the most out of mining

My apologies if this has been asked already, I may have missed it while reading through the posts

1. I have installed the new version of the client -- is there any way to have it sit in the notifications area like the old client did or is it only able to show in the taskbar?

2. Does the new client not deposit to the Wurm bank on a regular basis like the old client did? I have not seen the usual bank balance comments in the events log

Thanks

I think this "new client" is broken. Me, like many are having the problem that the program is using the resources but not connecting to the server to get paid. I tried reinstalling it, running an old version, checked firewall, you name it, and it still doesnt work. Honestly im losing my hopes with the program, they should allow us to go back to the Old style client since it at least worked.

You will get those file when you update your graphics card drivers. Is that what you did? What card do you have?

I did that anndd everyone is complaining of overheating and low FPS and just general performance drop.. That was what I wanted! But instead it's coinlab that is suffering lol. I wouldn't mind suffering performance on my games just to run this but it seems like I can't use my computer at all while it is running if I wanted the most out of mining

We don't wanna suffer! We designed the client to be as kind as possible, so it automatically adjusts to only use extra processing power that you aren't using. Unfortunately there isn't a way to change this default behavior, but you can go into that game's graphics options and decrease the quality to the lowest settings, and if they have an fps cap option, set it as low as possible.

My apologies if this has been asked already, I may have missed it while reading through the posts

1. I have installed the new version of the client -- is there any way to have it sit in the notifications area like the old client did or is it only able to show in the taskbar?

2. Does the new client not deposit to the Wurm bank on a regular basis like the old client did? I have not seen the usual bank balance comments in the events log

Thanks

1: I'm sorry, but we don't have plans to incorporate that feature.

2: It should, are you having issues with that? The events log in the new client functions a little bit differently than the old one, so it won't notify you, it will just do it silently.

I think this "new client" is broken. Me, like many are having the problem that the program is using the resources but not connecting to the server to get paid. I tried reinstalling it, running an old version, checked firewall, you name it, and it still doesnt work. Honestly im losing my hopes with the program, they should allow us to go back to the Old style client since it at least worked.

I'm really sorry that's happening to you. We know there are issues with the new client which is why we encourage you to use the old client if the new one doesn't work for you. Download here: http://media.coinlab.com/clients/32/wurm-1.0.7.msi

*agitated at computer*

Okay.. Uninstalled client, reinstalled using the MSI package.. Now the client wont launch and it's giving me an OpenCL.DLL error (says its not there.. But it IS there...) o.O

(I'm about to put my foot through this computer) :P

(gonna TRY driver update...)

*edit* drivers were already up to date, but reinstalled anyway.. (Nvidia GeForce 6600, driver 306.97) msi client install still giving me the error about needing openCL.DLL libraries..

If you are getting that error, then the driver install never worked properly.

I helped a friend of mine get this running on some new graphics cards, and I saw your exact same issue. Although it may have been a little bit worse. Every time we tried to install the new ATI drivers, we got the blue screen of death. For some mysterious reason, installing ATI's beta drivers worked, and he can mine now.

Try a few different versions of your GPU drivers to see if one of the old ones works.

Here's the advanced solution. I don't recommend it as it is a bit dangerous, and could cause a lot of cursing. Go to device manager, find your graphics card, right click it and uninstall the drivers. Reboot. Windows "should" install basic VGA drivers. If you just get a blank screen, and you have a VGA or DVI port on your motherboard, try plugging your monitor into the motherboard. Now go install your graphics card drivers, Reboot.

You will get those file when you update your graphics card drivers. Is that what you did? What card do you have?

An NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, whose drivers are definitely up to date because I had to do this with another game a few months ago, and they've not released an update for them since 2008.

Works fine on my AMD 7970 rig, on the A8-3520 based laptop, it doesn't generate any results, but the compute.log has a lot of entries that say "Invalid nonce - difficulty only 0.0000."

Are these APU's not supported? They are essentially AMD(ATi) GPU's bolted next to the CPU on the same chip.

An NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, whose drivers are definitely up to date because I had to do this with another game a few months ago, and they've not released an update for them since 2008.

I think that card is simply too old. Even if it were to get working it would only make between 2-5 iron per hour. Sorry we can't help you.

Works fine on my AMD 7970 rig, on the A8-3520 based laptop, it doesn't generate any results, but the compute.log has a lot of entries that say "Invalid nonce - difficulty only 0.0000."

Are these APU's not supported? They are essentially AMD(ATi) GPU's bolted next to the CPU on the same chip.

Integrated graphics cards are not well supported because they are very low performance, and will burn more power than they will produce.

Of Interest with regard to the AMD APU's and OpenCL:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-llano-opencl,3284-10.html

and the current revision (Trinity) is even faster

only shortcoming is they don't support the double-wide FPU ops in OpenCL

--

Regarding the 7970 - might advise ppl to monitor their cards thru Catalyst and perhaps adjsut the fan manually to maintain temps - default on mine was letting the GPu approach 90 celsius.

• Like 1

my wurm online (beta) coinlab keeps saying (connecting to pool) and nothing else and i don't seem to be getting irons what's wrong :S

my wurm online (beta) coinlab keeps saying (connecting to pool) and nothing else and i don't seem to be getting irons what's wrong :S

Which client are you using? Does it look like the screenshot on this page: http://pool.coinlab.com/partners/wurm

When you start the client do you get any errors? Example: "Cannot find OpenCL.dll"

What kind of graphics card do you have?

Have you updated your graphics card drivers?

CoinLab, ol' buddy, ol' pal. I am still having issues getting the Mining Client to run on my Win7Pro 32-bit Box with GeForce 7300 GS.

So far, I've tried a full reinstall of the Video Drivers. Tried Both the New Mining client at the older one you posted a few posts back.

The New client (wum-latest.exe *02.00.13*) gives me the "Connecting to compute pool..." issue, while the Old client (wurm-1.0.7.msi) tells me I need OpenCL.DLL Libraries.

I've run both "..as admin.." to ensure no permission blockage, and added specific entries in the windows firewall (which is disabled) to ensure the client is unblocked on all types of networks.

What should I try next?

CoinLab, ol' buddy, ol' pal. I am still having issues getting the Mining Client to run on my Win7Pro 32-bit Box with GeForce 7300 GS.

So far, I've tried a full reinstall of the Video Drivers. Tried Both the New Mining client at the older one you posted a few posts back.

The New client (wum-latest.exe *02.00.13*) gives me the "Connecting to compute pool..." issue, while the Old client (wurm-1.0.7.msi) tells me I need OpenCL.DLL Libraries.

I've run both "..as admin.." to ensure no permission blockage, and added specific entries in the windows firewall (which is disabled) to ensure the client is unblocked on all types of networks.

What should I try next?

I'm sorry, but I do not think you will be able to mine with that card. The issue is that Nvidia never built OpenCL drivers for your card due to its age. If Nvidia doesn't give you OpenCL drivers, then there is nothing I can do.

Sorry I didn't figure this out sooner.

still waiting on an answer, i message you my compute.log file through email and still no response. [W 130112 00:41:19 iostream:524] Write error on 732: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130112 00:41:19 iostream:403] Read error on 732: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[E 130112 00:41:19 netutil:220] Error in connection callback

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "tornado\netutil.pyc", line 218, in _handle_connection

File "tornado\httpserver.pyc", line 147, in handle_stream

File "tornado\httpserver.pyc", line 176, in __init__

File "tornado\iostream.pyc", line 148, in read_until

File "tornado\iostream.pyc", line 366, in _try_inline_read

File "tornado\iostream.pyc", line 399, in _read_to_buffer

File "tornado\iostream.pyc", line 380, in _read_from_socket

error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[C 130112 00:41:21 jsonremote:370] Started program: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Local\CoinLab\wurm-compute\coinlabengine.exe (5732)

[W 130112 00:41:24 iostream:403] Read error on 664: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[E 130112 00:41:24 iostream:289] Uncaught exception, closing connection.

File "tornado\iostream.pyc", line 286, in wrapper

File "utils\jsonremote.pyc", line 388, in _on_connect

File "utils\jsonremote.pyc", line 278, in _on_connect

error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[E 130112 00:41:24 ioloop:429] Exception in callback <tornado.stack_context._StackContextWrapper object at 0x030B3A20>

File "tornado\ioloop.pyc", line 415, in _run_callback

File "tornado\iostream.pyc", line 286, in wrapper

File "utils\jsonremote.pyc", line 388, in _on_connect

File "utils\jsonremote.pyc", line 278, in _on_connect

[W 130112 00:41:26 iostream:403] Read error on 732: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130112 00:41:26 iostream:341] error on read

File "tornado\iostream.pyc", line 336, in _handle_read

[W 130112 00:47:17 iostream:403] Read error on 740: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130112 00:47:17 iostream:341] error on read

[W 130112 00:47:17 iostream:403] Read error on 732: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130112 00:47:17 iostream:341] error on read

[W 130112 00:47:49 main:98] Browser has stopped.

[C 130112 00:47:49 main:90] Client shutdown.

[W 130112 00:47:49 jsonremote:301] Stream not connected. ({"method": "shutdown)

[W 130112 00:47:49 jsonremote:120] conductor <-CANCELED[0]- engine.shutdown

[C 130112 00:47:49 jsonremote:402] Stopping program: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Local\CoinLab\wurm-compute\coinlabengine.exe (5732)

[E 130112 00:47:49 jsonremote:405] Process kill error: [Error 5] Access is denied

[C 130112 00:47:49 util:251] Process terminating (pid=1280).

[W 130112 17:37:24 iostream:524] Write error on 744: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[C 130112 17:37:27 jsonremote:370] Started program: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Local\CoinLab\wurm-compute\coinlabengine.exe (4980)

[W 130112 17:45:07 iostream:403] Read error on 736: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130112 17:45:07 iostream:341] error on read

[W 130112 17:45:07 iostream:403] Read error on 744: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130112 17:45:07 iostream:341] error on read

[W 130112 17:45:39 main:98] Browser has stopped.

[C 130112 17:45:39 main:90] Client shutdown.

[W 130112 17:45:39 jsonremote:301] Stream not connected. ({"method": "shutdown)

[W 130112 17:45:39 jsonremote:120] conductor <-CANCELED[0]- engine.shutdown

[C 130112 17:45:39 jsonremote:402] Stopping program: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Local\CoinLab\wurm-compute\coinlabengine.exe (4980)

[E 130112 17:45:39 jsonremote:405] Process kill error: [Error 5] Access is denied

[C 130112 17:45:39 util:251] Process terminating (pid=1064).

[W 130112 17:46:31 iostream:524] Write error on 744: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130112 17:46:31 iostream:403] Read error on 744: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[E 130112 17:46:31 netutil:220] Error in connection callback

[C 130112 17:46:33 jsonremote:370] Started program: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Local\CoinLab\wurm-compute\coinlabengine.exe (2792)

[W 130112 17:47:46 iostream:403] Read error on 744: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130112 17:47:46 iostream:341] error on read

[W 130112 17:47:46 iostream:403] Read error on 752: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130112 17:47:46 iostream:341] error on read

[W 130112 17:48:20 main:98] Browser has stopped.

[C 130112 17:48:20 main:90] Client shutdown.

[W 130112 17:48:20 jsonremote:301] Stream not connected. ({"method": "shutdown)

[W 130112 17:48:20 jsonremote:120] conductor <-CANCELED[0]- engine.shutdown

[C 130112 17:48:20 jsonremote:402] Stopping program: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Local\CoinLab\wurm-compute\coinlabengine.exe (2792)

[E 130112 17:48:20 jsonremote:405] Process kill error: [Error 5] Access is denied

[C 130112 17:48:20 util:251] Process terminating (pid=5008).

[W 130113 00:27:15 iostream:524] Write error on 736: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130113 00:27:15 iostream:403] Read error on 736: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[E 130113 00:27:15 netutil:220] Error in connection callback

[C 130113 00:27:17 jsonremote:370] Started program: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Local\CoinLab\wurm-compute\coinlabengine.exe (1792)

[W 130113 00:28:09 iostream:524] Write error on 744: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130113 00:28:09 iostream:403] Read error on 736: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130113 00:28:09 iostream:341] error on read

[W 130113 00:29:30 iostream:403] Read error on 736: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130113 00:29:30 iostream:341] error on read

[W 130113 00:29:30 iostream:403] Read error on 744: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130113 00:29:30 iostream:341] error on read

[W 130113 00:31:39 iostream:403] Read error on 744: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130113 00:31:39 iostream:341] error on read

[W 130113 00:31:39 iostream:403] Read error on 736: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130113 00:31:39 iostream:341] error on read

[W 130113 00:32:09 main:98] Browser has stopped.

[C 130113 00:32:09 main:90] Client shutdown.

[W 130113 00:32:09 jsonremote:301] Stream not connected. ({"method": "shutdown)

[W 130113 00:32:09 jsonremote:120] conductor <-CANCELED[0]- engine.shutdown

[C 130113 00:32:09 jsonremote:402] Stopping program: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Local\CoinLab\wurm-compute\coinlabengine.exe (1792)

[E 130113 00:32:09 jsonremote:405] Process kill error: [Error 5] Access is denied

[C 130113 00:32:09 util:251] Process terminating (pid=1196).

[W 130115 16:32:30 iostream:524] Write error on 744: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[C 130115 16:32:32 jsonremote:370] Started program: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Local\CoinLab\wurm-compute\coinlabengine.exe (3208)

[W 130115 16:39:47 iostream:403] Read error on 736: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130115 16:39:47 iostream:341] error on read

[W 130115 16:39:47 iostream:403] Read error on 744: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130115 16:39:47 iostream:341] error on read

[W 130115 16:40:19 main:98] Browser has stopped.

[C 130115 16:40:19 main:90] Client shutdown.

[W 130115 16:40:19 jsonremote:301] Stream not connected. ({"method": "shutdown)

[W 130115 16:40:19 jsonremote:120] conductor <-CANCELED[0]- engine.shutdown

[C 130115 16:40:19 jsonremote:402] Stopping program: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Local\CoinLab\wurm-compute\coinlabengine.exe (3208)

[E 130115 16:40:19 jsonremote:405] Process kill error: [Error 5] Access is denied

[C 130115 16:40:19 util:251] Process terminating (pid=2708).

[W 130116 21:04:26 iostream:524] Write error on 744: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130116 21:04:26 iostream:403] Read error on 744: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[E 130116 21:04:26 netutil:220] Error in connection callback

[C 130116 21:04:28 jsonremote:370] Started program: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Local\CoinLab\wurm-compute\coinlabengine.exe (4664)

[W 130116 21:14:04 iostream:403] Read error on 744: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130116 21:14:04 iostream:341] error on read

[W 130116 21:14:04 iostream:403] Read error on 752: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[W 130116 21:14:04 iostream:341] error on read

[W 130116 21:14:36 main:98] Browser has stopped.

[C 130116 21:14:36 main:90] Client shutdown.

[W 130116 21:14:36 jsonremote:301] Stream not connected. ({"method": "shutdown)

[W 130116 21:14:36 jsonremote:120] conductor <-CANCELED[0]- engine.shutdown

[C 130116 21:14:36 jsonremote:402] Stopping program: C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Local\CoinLab\wurm-compute\coinlabengine.exe (4664)

[E 130116 21:14:36 jsonremote:405] Process kill error: [Error 5] Access is denied

[C 130116 21:14:36 util:251] Process terminating (pid=3980).

still waiting on an answer, i message you my compute.log file through email and still no response.

What graphics card do you have? When you start the program, do you get any errors, such as cannot find OpenCL.dll? After starting the program, open the task manager. Do you see coinlabwindow.exe, coinlabcompute.exe, coinlabengine.exe processes? Or do you only see the window and compute?

What graphics card do you have? When you start the program, do you get any errors, such as cannot find OpenCL.dll? After starting the program, open the task manager. Do you see coinlabwindow.exe, coinlabcompute.exe, coinlabengine.exe processes? Or do you only see the window and compute?

Also, did you create an account through the sign up page at http://pool.coinlab.com/partners/wurm ? If so, what username did you use?

i have an ATI Raedon 4200 graphics card quad processer no error messages it does look like that picture except that the energy bar is the only thing running and i have fixed the OpenCL thing

i have an ATI Raedon 4200 graphics card quad processer no error messages it does look like that picture except that the energy bar is the only thing running and i have fixed the OpenCL thing

Update your Internet Explorer. We use a headless IE window to render the graphics so having an outdated version will cause some visual problems.

So, when you start the client you get no errors?

When running the client, open up the task manager. Do you see coinlabwindow.exe, coinlabcompute.exe, coinlabengine.exe processes? Or do you only see the window and compute?

i have the nvidia gtx 680 classified, i see coinlabwindow.exe and coinlabcompute.exe i used to run the program before the newer updates and it just stopped working. and it says "connecting to computer pool..." and doesnt move from that spot

Edited by rysdan

i updated the windows explorer when i open the task manager i see the wurm mining thing but i don't see any results nor do i see the other 3 circles moving i just see the energy bar moving and i still get the message (connecting to pool)