Sign in to follow this  
CoinLab

Coinlab Faq: How To Earn Silver Coins With Your Graphics Card

i've just done a clean boot and run the miner client. i got a new error message;

'lost connection to compute pool, reconnecting'

so from the looks of it not a lot changed really as it still wouldn't give any earnings. as my stats show i've had the odd occasional earning tick, but no where near what i should be getting.

just for fun/out of desperation i tried the port 9998 tip you suggested then said wouldn't work... my coinlabwindow.exe file deleted itself...

i've just done a clean boot and run the miner client. i got a new error message;

'lost connection to compute pool, reconnecting'

so from the looks of it not a lot changed really as it still wouldn't give any earnings. as my stats show i've had the odd occasional earning tick, but no where near what i should be getting.

just for fun/out of desperation i tried the port 9998 tip you suggested then said wouldn't work... my coinlabwindow.exe file deleted itself...

If it said lost connection, then I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do. Either some hardware or software is blocking the connection, or it is just intermittent.

I don't know why your coinlabwindow.exe would have been deleted. Nothing in our code does such a thing.

while sharing this with mates, an idea came to me, would a different bitcoin client help me? if so are there any suggestions?

while sharing this with mates, an idea came to me, would a different bitcoin client help me? if so are there any suggestions?

Good idea! I had forgotten about that. This one is easy to set up I believe. http://bitclockers.com/forums/index.php?topic=8.0 .

I don't have any experience with it, but it seems simple enough. If you are a programmer and have some command line experience I would recommend cgminer.

You will want to log in to our pool with the following credentials:

pool: http://coinlab.com:5001

user: wurm_exelsiar

password: x

Is there anything special I need to do if I want to run this on multple machines at once to the same character?

nope just make sure you have your wurm toons name right on each computer I often run it on 2 computers

Has anyone tested this on Windows 2003? I keep getting "Connecting to compute pool..." Running Radeon HD 6770.

There is no Windows 2003. There is a Windows Server 2003. In which case you shouldn't be trying to play games on it.

There is no Windows 2003. There is a Windows Server 2003. In which case you shouldn't be trying to play games on it.

Server is implied...If I was talking about Windows 2008, would you assume this is some version of Windows desktop you never heard of, or that I was talking about Windows Server 2008. And who said I was playing games on it. This thread is about mining, and I was asking about whether or not the mining client works on 2003.

Well, this thread being about a mining client FOR a game, you'd assume it was written to run on any number of popular OS'es used for games... not servers.

WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY HERE, is perhaps the issue here is trying to run that particular client on a server OS.

Has anyone tested this on Windows 2003? I keep getting "Connecting to compute pool..." Running Radeon HD 6770.

It is only designed to work on Windows XP and above. If it does work, great, but we didn't plan to support it.

It is only designed to work on Windows XP and above. If it does work, great, but we didn't plan to support it.

OK, that's what I figured. I will just reinstall Windows 7 on my mining rig then.

Did you turn off the firewall or make an exception? More than likely on Server its being blocked if you didn't. You can run bitcoin miners on server

The ride may be soon at an end:

/>https://products.butterflylabs.com/

The ride may be soon at an end:

https://products.butterflylabs.com/

Yes, dedicated bitcoin mining hardware will eventually push out GPU's, but we still have a good amount of time. The price has more than doubled in the past 2 months with only a very small increase in difficulty.

Also, Butterfly Labs has had that page up for almost a year. They have been "One Month Away From Shipping!" for the past 5 months.

You will be able to see any price fluctuations in your iron per hour counter on the miner.

How much iron per hour should I expect if I have two GTX460s in SLI?

Your rate may vary, but it should be somewhere around 100 iron per hour or 24 copper per day.

that thing doesnt work it said the files msvcp100.dll is missing but it is in the system32 directory i also put it in the same directory that the instalation programe and he dint see it....

windows 8 ... pool problem

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: coinlabengine.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 50b7e75e

Fault Module Name: StackHash_7123

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: PCH_EA_FROM_ntdll+0x00041318

OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1060

Additional Information 1: 7123

Additional Information 2: 7123cd0b618f7f1d91a158a241da49a7

Additional Information 3: 3558

Additional Information 4: 3558650d49ab814ae01383e868bce22e

Edited by RockyBalboa

The link seems to be broke does anybody have a different source for the wurm bitcoin client.

Connecting to compute pool... firewall open... the mining bar is getting green but not generating any mh/s

The link seems to be broke does anybody have a different source for the wurm bitcoin client.

The link to the new client was never broken. Here it is: http://media.coinlab.com.s3.amazonaws.com/clients/wurm-latest.exe

The old link was broken, the post has been updated and here is the link. Only use this one if the other does not work for some reason.
/>https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/media.coinlab.com/clients/32/wurm-1.0.7.msi

Connecting to compute pool... firewall open... the mining bar is getting green but not generating any mh/s

Having the same problem... CoinLabEngine.exe is constantly restarting and crashing and the client will never actually go anywhere. All drivers etc fully updated, Windows 7 64 bit, 2x Asus Radeon HD4870 in crossfire.

Works fine on my Windows 8 64 bit with a single 6870 installed.