Sign in to follow this  
Stormcrow

Make Mag Damage Bonus dispellable

To retain some balance in pvp Mag's damage bonus should be dispellable. A passive 25% damage bonus is insane.

It is clear that Mag is meant to dominate the pvp field and are not meant to be balanced in a 1v1 situation. Mag has an  of combat related abilities, it seems only fair to let other priests have a chance at leveling the field some.

That's the design of the WL Gods, each God has their own abilities and purpose.  It is what makes each priest and God different in the field of battle, some excel in fighting (Magranon) while others are more passive (Vyn/Fo), making then all alike takes away from their individuality.  To me the idea of spreading that fighting bonus out or lessening it takes away from Magranon greatly. 

Any WLer has the ability to go Magranon, so there's no real unfairness with the system.  Players choose to follow a God, and choose to priest up.  I think if your intentions are to PvP, then you pick the PvP God of fighting of course.  The other Gods do server their purpose, just on a different aspect of the game sometimes.  You take away the damage bonus and what are you really left with?  ...A regular player who can cast one or two spells, it takes away from their existence completely. 

I do agree though having Damage Bonus + Res Stone bonus seems like two bonuses, where as Vynora only gets one, and I am not sure if Libila/Fo even get any.  Not sure why they have two. 

To retain some balance in pvp Mag's damage bonus should be dispellable. A passive 25% damage bonus is insane.

It is clear that Mag is meant to dominate the pvp field and are not meant to be balanced in a 1v1 situation. Mag has an  of combat related abilities, it seems only fair to let other priests have a chance at leveling the field some.

Look,  I know the oakshell/dispel nerf was rough for PvP and I don't agree with it, but going on a nerf-athon isn't the answer.

The answer is to give Fo a use. Currently it has none. It needs a buff bad.

-1 to OP

However i would like to see vyn get a passive bonus, as well as lib now that their theivery bonus has been taken away.

Along with Fo getting a direct damg spell.

Vyn's bonus is skillgain % I think, like 10 or 20%. 

That's a follower bonus,  not a priest bonus.

Thats the 20 faith/favor passive bonus, and its 10% i believe, but i mean i want vyn to have a passive such as mag 25% damg at 40faith/40favor, fos getting ignored by creatures at 65 faith/35 favor

Thats the 20 faith/favor passive bonus, and its 10% i believe, but i mean i want vyn to have a passive such as mag 25% damg at 40faith/40favor, fos getting ignored by creatures at 65 faith/35 favor

I forsee no skill loss upon death

I personally think taking away the rezz stone effect away from mag and giving it to vyn at 60 faith/favor, but making non stackable w/ a regular rezz stone wouldnt be bad.

I think have +25% damg and a free rez stone is a bit much, especially when other gods have nothing.

Im not sure what lib should get, mabye some BLers would like to comment about that.

I personally think taking away the rezz stone effect away from mag and giving it to vyn at 60 faith/favor, but making non stackable w/ a regular rezz stone wouldnt be bad.

I think have +25% damg and a free rez stone is a bit much, especially when other gods have nothing.

Im not sure what lib should get, mabye some BLers would like to comment about that.

If there's a damage buff maybe there should be a damage reduction for Libila.

Rez stone + dmg bonus for mag

No skill loss + skill bonus for Vyn

Ignored animals and increase healing for Fo

Dmg reduction and thievery for Lib.

At least it SHOULD be...

Why be a priest at all if everything can be dispelled.

Kinda what us Fo Priests are asking right now.

And also why he made this thread. Rolf took Fo's only real "advantage" and crippled it for PvP.

Now I don't play on Epic but I can see how this is a pretty big blow to them.  Doesn't affect us freedomers (for once).

At least it SHOULD be...

That looks reasonably fair...

I dont know why you complain about oakshell. It's still the most powerfull pvp spell in the game. At least now there is some chance of countering it, instead of fo priests being invincible wargods.

At least it SHOULD be...

That looks reasonably fair...

Especcially considering our thievery bonus got nixxed. We should get damage reduction

I wouldn't really agree to the reduction thing, it's already a feature on the meditation path that takes a lot of levels to get to, like level 12 or something?  That takes a lot of skills and days waiting to get to, replicating it with someone similar just via Faith is a bit too easy.  That's a very big game changing feature also, although I agree 25% damage bonus is too.  I wish more the the damage bonus was given at a higher faith (as with any bonuses) because then they're more earned and seen rarely. 

I wish more the the damage bonus was given at a higher faith (as with any bonuses) because then they're more earned and seen rarely.

Even at 90 faith it's still too much imo. I'd foresee mass-sermons for Mag, and thats about it.

I know I'd be happy with Fo having a real role. Right now they serve no purpose. I once thought they were suppose to play a support role, with buffs and heals, while Mag did the heavy fighting, but the buffs are worthless as is the healing.

I wouldn't really agree to the reduction thing, it's already a feature on the meditation path that takes a lot of levels to get to, like level 12 or something?  That takes a lot of skills and days waiting to get to, replicating it with someone similar just via Faith is a bit too easy.  That's a very big game changing feature also, although I agree 25% damage bonus is too.  I wish more the the damage bonus was given at a higher faith (as with any bonuses) because then they're more earned and seen rarely.

Well whilst mag has the damage buff, I see no reason for another faith to have a damage reduction. At any rate, Libila is lacking a passive at the moment...

i dont see the point in this, after all... they have to keep a certain favor to keep this damage buff