Sign in to follow this  
Deadskull

Lamposts/torches in Mines Stay Lit when Suns up

k not sure if this is posted any where else if it is sorry and you can just delete this,

Kow what strikes me as odd is even tho your in a mine which is pitch dark 24/7 any Planted lamp Posts you have will automatically go out at sunrise now i can understand that for above ground.

But not in a cave, it's dark all the time, so i am wondering is it possible as a new implementation to fix it so LampPost/torchs in mines/caves just burn out when theirs no fuel left.

or is the way the current engine scripted for light sources that this wouldn't be possible.

just wondering

This would be nice.  Maybe when you light them you can set them to stay lit all the time even if they are above ground.

I could see if you lit them they should stay on till they were out of fuel.

+1 to being lit all the time if they are on deed with automatic refilling by the guards per the other lamps. Possibly have a tar storage or something in the mine and keep that full for it to work.

should just be free service on a deed, imo. Since you allready pay the guards, and they dont need tar to light the other lamps either...

+1

It's very annoying for the lamps to turn off once it becomes day, even though no sunlight can get in the mine

I don't use light posts for this very reason. Either a coal pile or a dropped lantern lights my caves.

Instead of free fuel when on deed, how about the posts be changed to hold more fuel. If a light posts could hold a whole year's worth of fuel would it hurt anything?

yeah, it would help lessen those meaningless chores one has to do every day which makes Wurm oh so fun ^_^

But I like the idea, and think lamps on deed should still use no fuel, maybe have the lamps come on a little earlier and stay lit till a little bit later, I suffer from a lot of sun glare on my screen atm (mainly cos I play outside). Though its winter soon so will be moving in... ;_;

Instead of free fuel when on deed, how about the posts be changed to hold more fuel. If a light posts could hold a whole year's worth of fuel would it hurt anything?

allow the cultivation of luminesent fungi in caves... then we wont need lamps.

allow the cultivation of luminesent fungi in caves... then we wont need lamps.

I like it :D

Is it such a chore to carry a lantern?

Not saying I don't agree that lamps in mines should stay on, but it's a simple solution until something like this gets looked at.

No but for some reason (at least for me) lamps light about 3x more area than my lantern does even though it is twice the ql of the lamp, so it makes lamps more useful imo

The main Issue I have is that when you light them they turn off during the day.

Perhaps having an option as to wether you want auto lights or not in mines?

If you choose to not have auto lights in mines, then you could light them and they would remain on until out of fuel.

No but for some reason (at least for me) lamps light about 3x more area than my lantern does even though it is twice the ql of the lamp, so it makes lamps more useful imo

The thing with lanterns is that you have to paint them. It doesn't matter what color (though white is often preferred); just having an associated RGB values appears to enhance their brightness greatly. Don't ask me how or why, it just works.

My lantern is a near perfect green color and the lamp is unpainted. Don't recall the exact colors atm something nuts like 20,20,240 and that was after the dye fix.

+1

I would really like to have lamps stay lit inside caves (on deed) all day. Kinda weird it even goes off during day time. Could this pointed to someone devs? Maybe it is a bug? Shouldnt be big trouble to make them stay lit..

-Corrax

+1

Since guards already light lamps when it gets dark and provide unlimited fuel as a deed perk... seems like common sense to me.