Sign in to follow this  
Dudeguy

Coliseum Project

I am planning on making a Coliseum, Right now i am taking suggestions for places to put it, names for the Coliseum, events and other stuff. If you have any suggestions, post here.

sounds like a good project ^^ should be somewhere where most people can get really as for events how bout the home players sparing or people bringing their pet champs and people betting? lol ^^

last few coliseum events i ran on JKH were:

1 vs 3

1 vs 6

6 vs 6

player x (awesome when player x is some random from the crowd) vs champ gobbo

player x vs scorp

I suggest the following:

It is aprox 10x10 tiles, a hill with the middle going inwards to a pit of sand.

There be slabs around it and access so as to allow merchant stalls or inns and fountains or such.

It be in a relatively flat area, nearby large numbers of animals.

In the middle of a steppe area.

If this project actually gets completed, I would definitely like to be a contender/gladiator.

Mine it into the rock layer so he challengers can enter via caves and the spectators watch from stands that go the entire way around the arena floor. Have the floor about 8x5, and paved with slabs, and slant the stands to a decent slope so everyone can see. Place benches on the stands for decoration, and use wooden fences to partition the stands from the floor. With one cave also leading off into the dangerous animal pen you can have a fun animal showdown with a human contender. Have an entrance booth on one side next to the rest of the activity, with a place to gear up or buy stuff next to it, and preparation rooms before the caves the contenders take to enter the arena.

Elias made a very cool colliseum on JK-h before it closed. Wasnt finished for long though before the server closed sadly.

Wonder if he's still got any screens of it, that'd be a cool place to fight in lol^^

I know someone was working on a hippodome last year, it would be coo to have the colosseum next to the hippodome

btw: did they ever finish it, and use a Cog in the middle as there spotter/announcer possition? :-)

Thank Hordern! :-)

I'm at work and didn't have the time to search for it.

just sorta crossed my mind.

I think i know of a place to put the Colosseum (spelled it right this time lol). Theres an island in Crystal Lake, i plan on putting it on the island. Anyone got any better ideas?

Suggested name: Colosseum ;)

(spelled it right this time lol)

Coliseum is not incorrect.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the thread title spelling is the type of arena, while the spelling I suggested is just the famous one in Rome.

but yeah, the island in Crystal Lake is probably where i'll put it

Well, it was a thought, i may just end up making another island in Crystal Lake. and just import stuff to it, or i may just put it inland.

I suggest you make a small Island near the spawn or the North were new people enter Freedom, you should also name the statue "Free Man"

Oh, i'm building a Colliseum. I will build some Collosuses, but the place is an arena.

sounds like a good project ^^ should be somewhere where most people can get really as for events how bout the home players sparing or people bringing their pet champs and people betting? lol ^^

+1 loves this idea.

Elias made a very cool colliseum on JK-h before it closed. Wasnt finished for long though before the server closed sadly.

Wonder if he's still got any screens of it, that'd be a cool place to fight in lol^^

Elias's colliseum :D

colo.png

He probably has better pics of it but yeah here it is. x) Was :'(

Elias's colliseum :D

colo.png

He probably has better pics of it but yeah here it is. x) Was :'(

very cool :D

Do an exact replica, just add in seats and stuff.