Sign in to follow this  
Skatyna

Make pendulums actually useful to locate traitors!

Posted (edited)

Following from what i thought was a bug on this post 

I now suggest to restore actual usefulness of the pendulums while locating traitors for mission. The current max range of 40 tiles of a high end seryll pendulum is a joke on 8x8km servers given ridiculous formula used to calculate the range. God have mercy on you if you are trying to locate a traitor on a regular iron pendulum with some 80 power cast.. You would not detect it even it was other side of your deed!!

Suggestion is to restore the functionality to the cast power equals the tile range plus metal bonuses as wiki states and as it would make some sense logically.  Bigger servers are already accounted with less "map squares" to look at, so this is enough to equal it out. 

Thank you

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 5

My 100+ cast, Seryll pendulum is virtually useless on PvE, can't even locate the traitor I am currently shooting with my long bow.

+1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blazecraze said:

My 100+ cast, Seryll pendulum is virtually useless on PvE, can't even locate the traitor I am currently shooting with my long bow.

+1

if it's a champ a traitor pendulum won't pick it up, the champ one will. This is a problem IMO.

I have found several traitors using a 70ql gold with 100+ cast. Metal type matters for pendulums, as does quality and cast.

+1 pretty much why i usually go after the water traitors and not those on land

18 minutes ago, ChampagneDragon said:

Metal type matters for pendulums, as does quality and cast.

Does rarity matter? Perhaps it should matter as well, if it doesn't at the moment.

• Like 1

Just spent 1 hour trying to find a traitor and giving up! We almost never find them unless they spawn on a busy road!

This slows down scenarios on EPIC...

+1 the range dependant on server size is just dumb...a max range of 40 makes it pretty useless

• Like 1

Wow I was thinking pendulums were like... scanning 200 tiles or more. No wonder they never worked lol.