Luniraen

Bug: Large Magic Chest - Damage on Pottery & Treasure Maps

Hi,

I've noticed that pottery items and treasure maps have been taking damage in my Large Magic Chest - see picture below. The LMC is stored in a wagon, which is kept on deed 90% of the time, the only times it is taken off deed are when I go on an exploration/treasure hunting trip which is not as often as I'd like. 

All the pottery items were placed in the chest at the same time, all went in with 0 damage, I know this because it annoys me seeing things that are damaged that I can't repair so I made them all fresh for this caravan project.

All the maps were placed in the LMC at the end of the last treasure hunting trip they had 0 damage, I've just found them like this when prepping for my next trip out. 

gaDoSFh.png

Apologies if this is a repeat post or a known issue, but a search on the forums and going through the last 6 pages of bug reports didn't show any matches (or I'm going blind)

Solinswith

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

This post is great timing, I was just discussing this today with a few people!

I also have been noticing (at first I thought maybe I was losing my mind), but today I went to sell a (zinc, archaeology made) helmet that has been nowhere else but in one of my LMCs and noticed it took a decay tick while still being in the LMC for about a month.

Beyond that, I've also noticed that most of my pottery items that I've been trying to save in my LMCs from decay damage are taking decay ticks :(. I have done alot of archaeology over the years, and all of the pottery that I've made from the fragments that's good or useful I store in my LMC, I haven't used any of these pottery items or removed them from the LMC since the day I placed them in, but somehow, they have decay ticks (See images below). The measuring jugs (in the second image) are the only outlier item, I have set those out on shelves before.

My thoughts are it's possible that maybe pottery and archaeology (fragment) created items may have some sort of a slight increase in decay for some reason? With the frequency of how often they take a tick perhaps?

Just some notes from my experiences:

I know the wiki says this: "Despite the item description the magic chests both lower the decay rate by a factor of 1000(estimated) on all items, it could happen any time in the future that this will be 'fixed' for food items." However, I'm questioning that data.

I'm on NFI, Cadence.

And my deed upkeep is good for quite a few years.

Neither of these LMCs have runes on them.

LMC on the left is in a house above ground on my deed.
LMC on the right is in a house in a mine below ground on my deed.
No lava tiles on my deed.
I do not keep my LMCs in vehicles.

I have another LMC for storing full house pizzas, they've been stored there for at least 2 years maybe longer (image below), and I haven't noticed any tick damage at all being taken in comparison to pottery/arch items.

I will post updated images in the future here on this thread if you don't mind, if and when I notice anymore ticks to these items shown.

4KVSiSO.pngSUHQDdP.pngW1yq2wY.png

Edited by Red_
updated with extra info
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Raybarg said:

@Red_Are your LMC's loaded? What server you on?

Loaded as in a wagon/cart? Nope. The LMC on the left is in my house above ground. The LMC on the right is in a building in my mine.

I'm on NFI, Cadence

Edited by Red_

With some contemplating I would assume that because LMC does not completely remove decay chances, that people who have more items in their LMC will be more likely to notice some items to have received a decay hit. Its my assumption that the 1000fold protection on decay merely reduces the likelyhood of a decay hit happening and would not impact the amount of DMG delivered on the item.

The DMG on the other hand would then be subject to all other shenanigans. But because QL is one major factor and items are all over the QL ranges, its hard to point out that "it appears to be working as intended." I also appear to have more items stored in my LMC's than what Redi_ has stored. Which is why I was asking about in which server these have been noticed. The OP mentions its in Xanadu.

What I find curious is that OP has maps take decay in LMC. Meanwhile I have 37 maps in storage unit dating back to when maps were introduced and not even single one in there has received decay hit. :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Raybarg said:

With some contemplating I would assume that because LMC does not completely remove decay chances, that people who have more items in their LMC will be more likely to notice some items to have received a decay hit. Its my assumption that the 1000fold protection on decay merely reduces the likelyhood of a decay hit happening and would not impact the amount of DMG delivered on the item.

The DMG on the other hand would then be subject to all other shenanigans. But because QL is one major factor and items are all over the QL ranges, its hard to point out that "it appears to be working as intended." I also appear to have more items stored in my LMC's than what Redi_ has stored. Which is why I was asking about in which server these have been noticed. The OP mentions its in Xanadu.

What I find curious is that OP has maps take decay in LMC. Meanwhile I have 37 maps in storage unit dating back to when maps were introduced and not even single one in there has received decay hit. :D

Sorry, I had forgotten to mention I'm on NFI, Cadence, updated my post :)

Yeah, it seems very random, which is part of my concern with this. 

I have items in my other LMCs (again in the house above ground) that have been there for 3 years+ and they don't have any decay ticks. I also have food items/pizzas stored in another LMC, no decay ticks. I'll amend my post with that info too. 

It is bugged. Just checked my LMC and some stuff there is decayed/damaged, including silver axes, rare mats. None of that stuff had decay ticks inside LMC for years but now do it seems. 

well now i'm scared.  i have 22 LMC on NFI and 6 on SFI full of stuff.  Hi my name is Validate/ Zalidate and i am a hoarder ... i have noticed some things in the past with dmg. but all my food is good still.  i guess i'll need to log in and screen shot all of them and see again in a few weeks

1 minute ago, validate said:

well now i'm scared.  i have 22 LMC on NFI and 6 on SFI full of stuff.  Hi my name is Validate/ Zalidate and i am a hoarder ... i have noticed some things in the past with dmg. but all my food is good still.  i guess i'll need to log in and screen shot all of them and see again in a few weeks

That would be really great. :)

• Despite the item description the magic chests both lower the decay rate by a factor of 1000(estimated) on all items, it could happen any time in the future that this will be 'fixed' for food items.

Posted (edited)

if this happens removing the items from the chests, loading the chest and unloading seems to fix the random decay issue usually - its a bug, a very old bug.

also make sure you're not dragging items from other containers into the LMC, i think that's possible how this bug starts

Edited by Emi

so SFI LMC seem good , i repaired everything that has little dmg.  food and pottery only things left with some dmg. screen sot today. i'll check next month if i dont forget.  only checked 6 of 22 chests on NFI so far 99% was good still a few items that may be dmg when i put in. and pottery and food some has slight dmg.  will check other chests another day. need to crash for bed

Posted (edited)

Am on Candance had have an LMC been in my house for  2 plus years, never loaded in wagon/cart. Various items have damage, one in particular is a rare rift crystal that at one time had 60 damage. I renamed it to indicate this, it now has 90 damage  :(

Image attached showing damage in name were renamed today, only one that was showing damage in name previously is first one, the rare rift crystal.  And  yes I'm the poster child for packrats inc

GsgwE6C.jpeg

Edited by SouthPaw

11 hours ago, Emi said:

if this happens removing the items from the chests, loading the chest and unloading seems to fix the random decay issue usually - its a bug, a very old bug.

also make sure you're not dragging items from other containers into the LMC, i think that's possible how this bug starts

remove and readd all items or just ones with damage?

9 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

remove and readd all items or just ones with damage?

when you do make sure you pick up stuff into your inventory, before putting back in. food items might take decay right away, i would just leave those in the chest.

I am almost certain stuff decays for people who drag and drop from other containers but I have no verification here as I'm not a dev.

13 hours ago, Emi said:

when you do make sure you pick up stuff into your inventory, before putting back in. food items might take decay right away, i would just leave those in the chest.

I am almost certain stuff decays for people who drag and drop from other containers but I have no verification here as I'm not a dev.

But do i have to remove all items and then readd or just ones with damage?