Simyaci

Lump Decay Hits Too Big Too Fast

I would like to complain about this. Lump gets 1+ damage tick really fast while 70+ QL inside a forge inside a house on a deed with plenty of upkeep. 

Is this really necessary? 

Do Rare/Supreme Forges preserve items in them better? 

Edited by Simyaci
  • Like 1

That's why you store them to BSB's or crates to prevent the decay, when you are not smithing.

8 minutes ago, Kadmint said:

That's why you store them to BSB's or crates to prevent the decay, when you are not smithing.

Kadmint is correct but if there is enchants on the lumps you cannot store them in a BsB/Crate. I use a Magical Chest to store my enchanted lumps

• Like 2

I use magical chest too but what about when I am using them and they are in the forge glowing hot? 

I need a magical forge chest that heats items for smithing but also doesn't decay what is inside. 

Define "really fast"? Is that a day? A week? A month?

Do you forget and leave them in the forge for days on end? I have never experienced what you describe: a lump taking a damage tick "fast" after being put into a forge, on a deed. Fast for me is counted in days, or less than days. I use casted lumps regularly, often daily. I almost always remember to drop them back in the LMC when I'm finished, but even when I don't and they sit overnight they've never taken a damage tick. Always takes 3-4 days (real time) of sitting before they get a tick. To me 3-4 days before taking the first damage tick doesn't seem unreasonable. In fact, it seems slow. But I play Wurm quite a lot, so that's my perspective. People who play 1 hr a week will obviously have a different view of wurm-time.

If you dont have an LMC or it is full because you're one of those people who put food in their LMC, you can also store enchanted lumps and the likes on an alt

On 12/15/2023 at 4:09 AM, Simyaci said:

Is this really necessary?

No. Your are absolutely correct.

Although there are work around for this as mentioned above, I fully agree with Simyaci on this.

Take it as a simple QoL for people who love smithing.

• Like 2

PROtip: when you combine an enchanted lump with another lump it resets the decay catchup on an it. Keep enchanted lumps lowish weight and combine with a fresh lump every 2 or 3 days.

Just be sure to have the ENCHANTED lump activated when combining to preserve the enchant :)

On 12/16/2023 at 5:39 AM, Zalxis said:

No. Your are absolutely correct.

Although there are work around for this as mentioned above, I fully agree with Simyaci on this.

Take it as a simple QoL for people who love smithing.

Most things, enchanted or not, are subject to decay, why would enchanted lumps be an exception?

15 hours ago, Baeowulf said:

Most things, enchanted or not, are subject to decay, why would enchanted lumps be an exception?

The humble request was to increase the time when enchanted lump (applies also to logs, rock shards, etc.) when on deed and kept on container to simply decay slower --> extend time when decay starts and reduce tick size.

• Like 2

It'd be nice if some things like metal lumps started to decay slower when you had a year's worth of upkeep on your deed. 

• Like 3