Sign in to follow this  
Idlamn

Wurm store at a physical location

Instead of making the Wurm Store available everywhere, how about making the game more immersive and getting the players to go to an NPC in the starter towns. Like the trader.

You guys already did a good job by making Wurm Store use silver coins (I hate all those alternate currencies in some games), this step would set you apart even more.

• Like 2

I actually am really on board with this suggestion.  It makes the starter towns at least somewhat useful to the rest of the populace.  At this point the only reason I ever ride to starter towns is to look for new players to help when I'm bored and to browse player merchants.

-5% off at starting town, buy from anywhere-shop if you "dare", if you want the discount.. travel to spawn

• Like 3

@Finnn I like that idea, could also have "roaming" merchants where the discount is higher, maybe 10-20% but with a limited supply.

I believe that whould decrease their profits. They will probably loose alot of sales.

Or maybe people will think "who knows when I'm around town again. Let me get an extra 2 chairs just to be sure".

I don't think this is going to happen:

As part of the further development of the game, we are launching an integrated in-game shop that offers new and more products. Here we get a sales channel we previously did not use, because players historically had to go to specific places in the game world with the character to make in-game purchases. The product range has also been limited and functions such as time-limited offers have been missing.

Source: https://massivelyop.com/2023/06/14/wurm-onlines-corporate-owner-plans-a-game-rebrand-and-a-new-integrated-cash-shop/

Since the in-game shop increased the sale, I don't think they will make any changes to that. Central trading place for the in-game items, on the other hand, would be a nice addition.

On 11/21/2023 at 5:03 PM, Idlamn said:

Instead of making the Wurm Store available everywhere, how about making the game more immersive and getting the players to go to an NPC in the starter towns. Like the trader.

Speaking only for my self but if your store inconveniences me and makes me spend stupid amounts of time traveling across the server, you miss that sale.

This applies not only to Wurm.

This is why physical game stores are closing down, this is why more and more grocery stores offer delivery. We like the convenience of clicking few buttons and having things delivered to us rather than getting out in to the crowds, where people are. Why would i want to buy something that isn't a necessity and suffer at the same time? I'll simply not make that purchase and my wallet will be healthier for it.

There is nothing stopping people from traveling and meeting up for whatever reason they might have. Forcing people to do that is just an annoyance to the point of missed sales.

• Like 2

-1   I'm already to lazy to walk to the token to prem up alts.