Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

How you get maximum Rift Points out of a Rift?

Could someone explain here how to get Rift Points as a nonPrist Char?

Which weapon 1h or 2h? What Cast on it, Venom/LT?

I don't understand the system behind it. Do you get now more points for making big wounds or count every hit?

Thx for all information about it. 🤗

I tend to get a lot of points, usually I am first or one of the first non-priests on the point list. My weapon of choice is high QL rare large maul with following enchants:

Wind of Ages has been cast on it, so it will be quicker to use. [99]
Shatter Protection has been cast on it, so it protects against damage when spells are cast upon it [80]
Venom has been cast on it, so it will deal only poison damage wounds. [97]
Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [103]
A steel rune of Vynora has been attached, so it will reduce damage taken (10%)

I also have 2 rings and necklace with over 80 power Toxin enchantment.

Also have 99,30 fighting skill and 99,999598 large maul, if those matter too. They might increase the chance on hitting. I hit pretty hard and I use mostly right direct with the additional fast hit.

Edited by Kadmint
  • Like 2

Ah, also wanted to add that I think it´s more about doing damage now than hits. That's why venom is good, glances are off and gives you better chance to hit.

I would choose a 2 h weapon with either "Venom", frost imbue and jewellery or "Bloodthirst" with acid imbue and jewellery. Which one is better  depends on personal skill and probably would require extensive testing.

In general, I think one needs to maximize what portion of their time is spent doing damage. If you could be constantly hitting and doing damage the whole rift I'm confident you'd do well (assuming your not using weak weapon like short sword or almost any tool or then sickle or scythe).  I do okay with a sickle and shield. I need to stop and heal here and there. And I do miss sometimes.
Using venom silver sickle/ LT-acid silver sickle and wooden shield. 88 fs, 75-ish for stance fight, 70 BSTR.

* You're glancing a lot = get venom enchant

* You're missing the target a lot = make sure the target is not flanking you or you're targeting something you can't reach. If still missing a lot, avoid attacking that more difficult opponent. If you're not hitting, you're not doing damage and no damage means no damage points.

* You're having to stop and heal a lot = could try to cycle in a LT weapon, maybe get better armor. This is something I struggle with so not sure what to say. I may try out taking an alt in a Lrg cart with me whose sole job is to heal me while I fight. The cart is a nerf to CR but it may be worth it to gain all that extra healing.

* your spending too much time running from monster to monster = use taunt to get monsters to follow you and kite it to your next target. Coarse the downside here is you'll be taking damage. It might be better to try and hide behind others taking the hits.

* Alcohol level of less than 20 will boost your CR and this should help you hit more often.

* Deed war bonus could help you boost your CR but I don't think it's worth it. You'd need a deed where the rift is and be committed to sacrificing hundreds of 75ql pointing signs.

On 10/19/2023 at 10:00 AM, Kadmint said:

I use mostly right direct with the additional fast hit.

This is interesting. I always thought a head hit was best as I believe they do more damage. I'm guessing your aiming right, so you can do a special move that does an extra attack?

• Like 1

Maximize your damage with offensive rings/necklace to match whatever damage type you're using.