Sign in to follow this  
Mystikk

Passenger Coaches / Stage Coaches

I would like to propose WO add Passenger Coaches/Wagons to the game. It is much needed and long overdue, and is in accordance with the time period of WO. They don't need to be faster than current wagons or carts only bigger to hold more characters.

According to Encyclopedia. com article https://www.encyclopedia.com/humanities/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/transportation-and-communication

"The first passenger coaches appeared in Hungary in the early 1400s. These were essentially heavy wagons pulled by two or more pairs of horses. More advanced coaches, which were easier to turn, came into use during the 1500s. These new models could carry up to eight people with luggage. Smaller and lighter coaches also became available at this time. They often had the passenger compartment suspended on straps to provide a more comfortable ride. In the 1600s private carriages became fashionable among the upper classes. Despite their relative comfort, however, coaches often moved more slowly than foot traffic on Europe's poor roads. Overall, the speed of overland travel changed little until the late 1700s."  

We the players or Wurm Online are in need of passenger wagons. I would suggest wagons or stage coaches or both that hold 2 people on buckboard and 6 or more characters inside of wagon or coach. It should also include a place for storage as well.  This would make the game more in tune and realistic to the travel of the periods WO depicts. Most families during those time periods had more than 4 family members and had everything they owned inside their wagons at times, so larger transport was needed.

I believe this would make a great addition to WO and add more interest and something new that anyone and everyone could use.

Edited by Mystikk
clarification
  • Like 8

Me Very Gusta this idea

Like a Wagon for People and Storage Space like a Cart

+1 I would even just be happy for 1 passenger to sit up front next to you.. riding on the back makes me sick lol

• Like 1

Are we talking like an NPC coach that can drive you around the map to different waypoints like the Wagoneer does.? Or are we talking about just having an actual coach we can build where we can carry 6 people and party all the way to the rift?

8 hours ago, puncher said:

Are we talking like an NPC coach that can drive you around the map to different waypoints like the Wagoneer does.? Or are we talking about just having an actual coach we can build where we can carry 6 people and party all the way to the rift?

Actually both are possible. I was thinking a large wagon that holds 8 that we build ourselves as well as a Stage Coach. The stage coach could work on the highway system like the wagoneer with a contract to place them, using waystones to call them to you and to take you to the desired destination, and possibly to transport animals by adding creature cages to hold. There are too many times going to an event or slaying where we take a ship to a location only to have to make several trips to take all the people to the actual location, which takes hours sometimes just to get everyone off ship to location and then back to ship after event. This would allow many people to be transported at the same time and making wurm life so much more efficient.