Sign in to follow this  
Ols

Anime and Manga

Sorry to bump this up again, but while I have watched some of the Anime here, such as Lucky Star and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, I need some other ideas. Since it was restrictive last time, I don't mind any form of perversity or violence.

I'm continuing to look at this thread for inspiration, though anything new might be nice. If there's any scanlated manga too, i'd like to read some.

All this anime makes me want to make some kind of mini-series for Wurm. :P

Try Elfen Lied (anime of 14 episodes, based off the significantly longer manga). Be cautious however; After the initial shocks you'll begin to either hate it with a passion (usually for its extreme graphicalness), or praise it as the best, most deep, emotional and high-quality anime you've ever seen.

I belong to the latter group (obviously, seeing as I'm recommending it).

I've already seen Elfen Lied, and got the box set. One of the first Animes I watched, and oen fo my favourites. I like deep, emotional animes like Elfen Lied.

Another anime I watched was Blue Drop, which transformed from a perverse Manga to an emotional Anime based upon the sacrafice of an alien to protect Earth from invasion, despite ultimate failure.

Soul Eater was cool until the ending... I haven't read the manga, but I assume its much better.

I really didn't like Elfen Lied to start with, was just reasonless gore and tatas, but I'm glad I stuck through the first episode or two and really enjoyed it from there.

Wolf's Rain's cool. I should probably watch it again...Ending is slightly meh though.

Elfen Lied.

but really though. not a huge fan of anime...

just think some people get way to into it and need to get laid.

Meh, it's like TV shows, I'll look for ones I like, and then sit down and watch it when it's broadcasted. Missed it or the srries is over? Watch on the internet. I do the same with shows like Houseand Scrubs.

I'm not a fan of TV series either. They're so many now, all the plots meld together.

Movies are the same, but at least then you're only dedicated for 1-3 hours.

TV is just a mind numbing waste of time.

(and wurm isn't!!!!)

:P

Started watching Gantz, I'm pissed at the people but it's good.

Gorey though.

Still watching the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and K-ON!

Will probably watch Death Note and Paranoia Agent next.

Studio Ghibli's 'Princess Monoke' is probably my favourite from them.

As for episode animes - Hellsing was pretty decent by my favourite is probably Cowboy Bebop.

Anime is just a fancy word for a cartoon anyways.

Like how the French have Chemin de fer which sounds exotic and important but in reality means Way of iron. (The way French people call railways) which itself is another fancy word when a sensible word like Railway or Railroad should be used.

It's not a 'fancy word'. It is the Japanese world for animation in general!

Cartoons can be still or motion picture, whereas Anime is only motion picture. Manga is still.

I didn't actually watch Elfen Lied past the first minute or two of episode one, and I only got to episode two of Lucky Star before I fell off the page and gave up.

Dude I didn't get get past the opening for lucky star.

Like how the French have Chemin de fer which sounds exotic and important but in reality means Way of iron. (The way French people call railways) which itself is another fancy word when a sensible word like Railway or Railroad should be used.

Actually, the word is borrowed directly from Japanese.

EDIT:

Beaten by Infinitai

I suppose, but remember that stupid words in other lanuages should be banned.

Like, they use Tacsi in Wales to call Taxis because they don't have the letter X.

Also Welsh has no word to describe the colour brown(Or Blue?), so there's some mishaps there.

I can't agree with you there Mrconor. While I'm not in favour of reviving languages or trying to maintain ones like Welsh, I don't feel word exchange is in any way bad. It's better to take good words from others than to make a silly one yourself. It's not like English is an exceptional language anyway; take elements of Japanese, remove the Kanji, simplify some elements and mix it with English and you'd make a superior language.

I suppose, but remember that stupid words in other lanuages should be banned.

Like, they use Tacsi in Wales to call Taxis because they don't have the letter X.

Also Welsh has no word to describe the colour brown(Or Blue?), so there's some mishaps there.

Words and grammar are borrowed back and forth across all modern languages. It's the linguistic evolution.