Sign in to follow this  
JockII

Champion permadeath return

I think that this change would be better reviewed after they review cancerous DR + tome + moonmetal armor stacking which is game breaking for new players 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, blart said:

I think that this change would be better reviewed after they review cancerous DR + tome + moonmetal armor stacking which is game breaking for new players 

How is that game breaking for new players? It's something to strive for. 
If you started the game as strong as the veterans it would make combat training pointless.

This is a numbers game, if you're new, you're gonna need to find a team.

2 hours ago, Matholameu said:

How is that game breaking for new players? It's something to strive for. 
If you started the game as strong as the veterans it would make combat training pointless.

This is a numbers game, if you're new, you're gonna need to find a team.

The gap between the new player and a strong player is wayyy too large, sure they dont need to be 50 body strength  / sotg overnight but the amount of time it would take to get there and get the stacks veteran accounts already have plus the gear, its a lot of time and effort.. yes its a team game but tell me when u find people giving glimmer and addy armor away in bulk to every new player

10 minutes ago, blart said:

The gap between the new player and a strong player is wayyy too large, sure they dont need to be 50 body strength  / sotg overnight but the amount of time it would take to get there and get the stacks veteran accounts already have plus the gear, its a lot of time and effort.. yes its a team game but tell me when u find people giving glimmer and addy armor away in bulk to every new player

You don't. But, that's kind of the point of Wurm, A.K.A. Timesuck Online, A.K.A. The Great Grind, A.K.A. Chores Unlimited, A.K.A... you get my point. 
Everything in Wurm takes a long time to accomplish and next to none of it can be done without teamwork. 
Join a kingdom, put in work, and be patient.
I've been playing for a year and my toon is still not PVP ready. Admittedly I don't grind like I should and have taken a couple breaks. 
But still, there's nothing wrong with the tomes, moonmetal, etc. If ya don't want to do the grind, do some grinding irl and save your funds to buy a toon. 

EDIT/P.S.: If you're not atleast 30+ body and ya know, partially PVP ready, you shouldn't be wearing moonmetal anyways and I could be wrong, but far as I know the vast majority of toons don't have tomes. For most people that's kind of the finishing touches. 

Edited by Matholameu
Post Script
  • Like 1

Retrograde     4497

• Retrograde
  • Community Relations Coordinator
  • 2629 posts

Permadeath is not coming back

Valrei rework including player gods and balancing is in the works, as we've already stated

Can be closed. Rip Dev feedback.