Sign in to follow this  
jermx

A few ideas

I feel this game could use these ideas to have a more realistic feel to it.

1. being able to add tar to arrows. This way you can lite your arrow and then fire for + fire dmg also you could use this idea to get attention.. if youre lost and need assistance launch a fire arrow in the air you may get a response?  Also with low bow skill there is a chance youll misfire and suffer a burn injury.

side note: i thought that you should be able to lite tar dipped arrows by equipting the bow and holding it over a fire or torch in addition to the steel n flint, i think that would give it a more realistic       feel, and allow for faster launches. also fire from fire arrows only dmg the target and do not spread to areas.

2 campfires.

i feel like you should be able to make your own fire area. example.. drops some stone in a circle throw some wood on it and then equipt the flint/fire arrow :) and walaahhh.. this means the fire pit/site will always be there until picked up and i believe it gives a more natural feel to the game.

3. ok.. i know this is going to get some pretty big -1's but just hear me out!

black powder and muskets/ flint locks! if there is magic in this game with spells and there are already ranged weapons such as arrows it shouldnt be too far of a stretch to include wooden stocks and a pipe and some wick, a musket..  its not like its fully automatic and has the accuracy of a remington.. is a slow loading 1 shot very fun loud boom stick.. and the flint lock pistol would be just as cool.. again it doesnt need to be highly accurate or powerful, hell it could have the same stats and a bow and arrow i just think itll be really fun to make, to sell to use.

4. large scale fishing nets. ive met a few players with big ships and all they really use em for is transporting. i think it would be cool to have large nets to catch up to 10 fish at a time, this would increase fish in markets would stir up some business and would be fun way to do so. and to add to realism id like the sails to be movable. if you wan higher speeds you grab the ropes and hoist yer sails.. if you need to slow to a creak drop em! would be cool to have a pirate ship thing going on here.

5. id like to see more pirate friendly gaming.. i own a small fortified island and am working on a ship id like to be able to board other peoples ships and have mine boarded aswell. in addition id like to see cannons on peoples ships and id like to have cannons in my fort, that way if someones trying to gain unauthorized entrey into casa de jerm i can shoot some flame arrows at their sails and slow them down a few knots while i can target em with my cannons, and in return have them shoot arrows back or target my high stone walls with thier cannons! loud noise, explosions, the gun powder rising into the air! i think it would be amazingly fun.

lastly id like to have a better feel in the game.. for example building.. its very impersonal.. you click a button it does its thing and thats that.. id like to have to left click to drive a nail into the wood, or left click to drive the shovel into the ground, or scroll on the mid click button to use the spindle and id like to see it happen too! also i wanna build scaffolding in my base but i wanna do it.. select board stand upright connect plank, nail it in, tie to ropes, stand structure up...all with me clicking the buttons to do it. i think it gives more to the realism.

so those are my ideas, i know people are different and like different things, please be respectful.. thanks

Edited by jermx
  • Like 1

I think 1 2 and 4 would be really good especially 4. -1 to the rest. 

• Like 4

^

3. ok.. i know this is going to get some pretty big -1's but just hear me out!

black powder and muskets/ flint locks! if there is magic in this game with spells and there are already ranged weapons such as arrows it shouldnt be too far of a stretch to include wooden stocks and a pipe and some wick, a musket..  its not like its fully automatic and has the accuracy of a remington.. is a slow loading 1 shot very fun loud boom stick.. and the flint lock pistol would be just as cool.. again it doesnt need to be highly accurate or powerful, hell it could have the same stats and a bow and arrow i just think itll be really fun to make, to sell to use.

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The rest of them are okay.

That.

Especially no 4, more fantasy in all for...any time of guns though, I WILL leave and not look back (at least if it's on wife scale)

I don't want to hear the sound of someone shooting a bear near me. >:\

gonna go down this list of my thoughts

first I never understood why we need to add more realism to a fantasy game - just think of something awesome and adds to the game and post it

1 - tar on arrows - cool would love to see some more mods on arrows specially if it sets my enemies aflame

2 - seems like a fire pit would be a cool decoration - but I would allow lighting from any fire source - brazier for instance would look more natural on a wall or roof then a fire pit

3 - I just don't see what black powder brings to the game - its just to big a can of wurms to open - because then you get land mines - sea mines - torpedoes (all real with this level of tech) mining charges - while I'd love to see more technology in wurm (windmills for grinding large amount of wheat for instance or making planks) black powder just seems more work with to much balancing and skill progression - a crossbow seems like it would fit the theme better

4- yes

5 - pirates already in game no need for cannons - longbow captain - lock pick - drive off - be prepped for his friends to show up and kill you and set fire to that island

last one - no just no - I have worked on large buildings and if I had to add each brick manually I'd be homicidal - might be a bit impersonal but the only alternative is basically a simulation where I become a mason - which I could just build a grill in my back yard