Sign in to follow this  
Eleraan

Cooked Rice

Is it intended that you can only cook rice one rice at a time? I can't put 10 rice in a pot then add water it makes me cook just one at a time >.>

• Like 1

well I think it's more referring to a handful than one grain.

The new cooking system takes all ingredients and makes one result, not several results. It's just how it works

• Like 2

Hmm, I guess I'm used to doing beverages where you can put in more say Rye and water to make larger batches of the unfermented whiskey.  Cooking .2kg of rice at a time is kinda annoying.  Was expecting to throw in 113 rice and water in a cauldron and do it all at once. Alrighty, back to measuring water.

• Like 1

Some recipes just can't be scaled up in size.

I couldn't say why. That question I leave to mystics and soothsayers.

• Like 1

I, too, think you should be able to cook a batch of rice, then measure out the required quantity for a serving or dish.  When cooking rice for the family I know I don't have to cook one serving at a time......

• Like 1

As I've come to understand it, just think of all Wirm Online cooking recipes as using 'servings'.

A meat meal made in a frying pan isn't just a single cut of wolf with a single carrot, it's a cut of wolf with enough carrots to basically be a full serving.

Take note of the weight of that Wurm 'rice' and you'll see that it's way more in kg than a single piece of rice (sorry about the pun in that sentence :D ) .

Edited by Tristanc

True enough, Like I said I'm used to brewing which allows for scaled batches of things. Having to measure out 226 .1kg amounts of water to cook my rice was annoying but we adapt.