Sign in to follow this  
Griffith

Make Wurm Easier

Isn't Runescape still the most popular MMORG? Part of its popularity is because u can leave the game for months, or years, and you pick up where u left off when u return (characters don't die from inactivity). I like that in games and resent it when Devs require that we log in or there will be a price to pay:)

Also, on RS you must skill up pretty darn high if you want to fight both players and high level mobs. I think you are referring to Facebook type games, but I could be wrong:)

Never was, never will be. Intact it's dead now. Usually 200 a server. (They killed the 95% of player base that were bots)

On-topic, -1 but would be wonderful to have a way to make bulk items, move things easier (bsb to cart, ect) no need for faster timers on actions though, get a 80 ql tool with a decent wow cast and a new player has crazy fast actions ;)

its not difficult its just an incredibly slow grind for skill gain. I think it should be much faster personally. I think it would increase the player base as the grindy slow skill gain seems to be the main thing that discourages people from playing imo. Its demoralizing.

its not difficult its just an incredibly slow grind for skill gain. I think it should be much faster personally. I think it would increase the player base as the grindy slow skill gain seems to be the main thing that discourages people from playing imo. Its demoralizing.

There is alrdy epic with fast skillgain. To me it feels like an accomplishment when i hot another nice level of a skill. Wouldnt be special if it becomes even more easy

I think its the incredibly hard learning curve and lack of proper help that drives a lot of people off, not the skillgain speed. If you get to the point where you actually care about grinding skills, that means you've already gotten further than the people who login and quit when they find out that they need to put a lot of effort into the startup if they want to play alone.

Sadly it's usually the new players own stubborness of not wanting to join a town - they want to do it on their own, and refuse to join a village where they can learn the ropes and receive the help they want. It's often that I see new players instantly jump in "where can I build a house"; when offered to join a village the answer is very, very often no.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, November 1, 2013 - double post
Hidden by Jberg, November 1, 2013 - double post

There is alrdy epic with fast skillgain. To me it feels like an accomplishment when i hot another nice level of a skill. Wouldnt be special if it becomes even more easy[/endquote]

Edited by Senusret

There is alrdy epic with fast skillgain. To me it feels like an accomplishment when i hot another nice level of a skill. Wouldnt be special if it becomes even more easy

The funny thing is that even Epic is incredibly slow and grindy. Also try telling people on Epic that they are actually on the fast server..

Also its not a matter of being easier or more difficult. Has nothing to do with being easy. It is just slow and incredibly time consuming. So get that straight please. 

I think its the incredibly hard learning curve and lack of proper help that drives a lot of people off, not the skillgain speed. If you get to the point where you actually care about grinding skills, that means you've already gotten further than the people who login and quit when they find out that they need to put a lot of effort into the startup if they want to play alone.

Sadly it's usually the new players own stubborness of not wanting to join a town - they want to do it on their own, and refuse to join a village where they can learn the ropes and receive the help they want. It's often that I see new players instantly jump in "where can I build a house"; when offered to join a village the answer is very, very often no.

No I feel its the things like Farming ( An Awesome system done WRONG)

If you dont tend your crops they should yield a crap yeild like 1-2 not die....

Instead if you dont tend your crops they die.....  This means you have to log on everyday and tend harvest daily, which turns wurm into a job....

Also the animal Ratio Big -40

it also promotes job like mentatlity that you have to tend the animals daily just to keep them from getting diseased which is now so much easier to happen since the stupid animal ratio change!

Or the Cooked Meals that decay within 3 days meaning you have to constanly make new meals,

Or the Lamps you have to fill daily etc etc....

Its not the rate of the skill gain, its the job like grind that wurm creates!

Give us a barrel we can link to the lamps and let us stock that barrel with 20 Tar so our lamps stay lit and we dont have to refill them everyday.....

Make our crops rarely die and wilt and yield a crap return of maybe 1 to 1 or 1 to 2....  so we can take a day off and not feel bad about it....

Get rid of the animal ratio that was just a bone head decision from the get go.....

Make Wurm less Chore like and more fun like!!!

Or the Cooked Meals that decay within 3 days meaning you have to constanly make new meals,

Because three real life days is over three weeks in Wurm. Not sure what Meals you eat but the Hamburger I left in the trash is certainly beyond edible by week three...

Because three real life days is over three weeks in Wurm. Not sure what Meals you eat but the Hamburger I left in the trash is certainly beyond edible by week three...

Realism is your argument here?  Because everything in wurm is realistic???   There is no need for Meals to decay so fast its just another thing that makes Wurm more chore like....  But thats just one item from a whole list of things that really shouldnt be a chore, the system shouldnt force you to log in daily just to tend the fields and horses....