Sign in to follow this  
Oops

Beeeeeeeeeeeeer!

I say that beer needs to be added to the game. Whitelighters can make wine but us Blacklighters can't harvest the grapes needed to make it worth making wine. With beer you could give it the same bonus as wine or something similar. If I'm not mistaken you can already got hops while foraging. Make hops a harvestable crop instead of a random pickup so we can actually get it without the need to roam the WL lands to find it. Seems only fair to me.

Rolf is certain there is beer already in the code, but he lost it.

been suggested for years.

I see this suggestion so many many times. The biggest problem with wine is the cungruancy of the seasons. Maple season is the same as two other seasons, and you have to pick camilia or maple.... hmmm let me think of that for about 2 milisconds. NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD WASTE THEIR TIME WITH CAMIMILIA UNLESS IT IS ON A DIFFRENT WURM MONTH. Why? Because you need TONS of sap! You DO NOT HAVE TIME to waste with camillia.

Same with grape.

We need bevrages we can make all year round. I don't think they should be the same thing as Wine in any way but would be nice to see more choices. Right now the only thing we can make all year round is Lemonaid, if your willing to spend ungodly ammounts of time during Maple season to get enough syrup for a decent ammount, and spend all the time forageing for berries when ther are no fruit in season.

Problem is bevrage QL is dependant on the QL of materials for initial QL. Lemonaid is redundant and useless. NO ONE has any idea what tea actually does, or even if it matters what QL it is. Wine is really the only thing useful, and getting enough high QL syrup is a challenge even at high forestry levels because the failure rate is so high (getting a 1 QL harvest of sap... or less because it comes out damaged) The syrup determins your base starter QL for the wine wich is annoying, and the possible QL for the Lemonaid which really dosen't matter since lemonaid is worthles for anything but building skill.

I can see bevrages possible being a very interesting part of wurm, but right now it's ungainly, annoying, and very limited. There is so much potential with diffrent trypes of drinks if only the skills were streamlined, Tea fixed, and the season shifted so people actually have time to harvest it.

We need bevrages we can make all year round.

Pretty sure that is why Strawberries were introduced. You can raise them like a normal crop. Harvest sap and store it, takes a long long time for it to decay - and once it starts just heat it to turn into syrup and reset the decay timer.

Pretty sure that is why Strawberries were introduced. You can raise them like a normal crop. Harvest sap and store it, takes a long long time for it to decay - and once it starts just heat it to turn into syrup and reset the decay timer.

You can do it with any berry, not just strawberry, but yea, I forgot that you could farm them now.  Its been a while since I bothered.   What I think we need is a beverage products not dependent on seasons, or just a shift of seasons so beverages aren't such a stressful rush every year.   

Edited by Battlepaw

I say that beer needs to be added to the game. Whitelighters can make wine but us Blacklighters can't harvest the grapes needed to make it worth making wine. With beer you could give it the same bonus as wine or something similar. If I'm not mistaken you can already got hops while foraging. Make hops a harvestable crop instead of a random pickup so we can actually get it without the need to roam the WL lands to find it. Seems only fair to me.

-1 Vynora followers cant destroy pavement or bash walls.  You chose to be a blacklighter, deal with it like a man.

but +1 because, who doesnt want beer ? Although it shouldnt replace the functionality of wine in any sense.

YES A MILLION TIMES OVER!

But when the CLUCK are they gonna put it in? Beer's easily one of the top 5 suggestions ever!

Who knows... could be something on the back burner, Rolf cant figure out a balance to benefits, or whatever.

Who knows... could be something on the back burner, Rolf cant figure out a balance to benefits, or whatever.

What CAN he figure out? Damn right Rolf I hope you're reading this! I'm not like everyone else in that I'm actively suppressing my thoughts in order to 'stay in line' - YOU (Rolf) are clearly not doing enough for Wurm, I know you have a life and all, but it's VERY clear that you're just being a lazy idiot when it comes to Wurm.

* Slight relief *

Edited by Maozorz