Sign in to follow this  
namyahmas

Helpful players on GV

Hey, just thought I'd make a thread to see who people think are the most helpful players are on GV. That way, if you get stuck, you know who to go to!

Try and stick to non-GMs, as they're made to be helpful anyway, but if you want to you can include them.

I would say that Peter is very helpful on GV. BTW he said who do you think is the most helpful not the ones who are stated. hehe cough

True, but those are the ones that have said they will help :> Doesn't hurt with more though :)

Thanks, but this was for people who had good experiences with people. I was interested to know which of them had actually been really helpful, and maybe those that hadn't been.

- got beaten to it :D -

Kiamin (Kitamine on GV) has been very helpful when I was on the other night.

Because we totaly need PA's to improve wurm. Fasiscm indoctrination. Like normal helpers wont do.

Im not just talking about PAs, I mean others that help too. The unsung heroes, if you will.

I think the PA channel was a good addon, could split K chat from Helping chat.

But making people actual PA's  seems a bit useless.

(except maybe the HotS ones considering no HotS on GV spare the one town)

but, w/e it doesn't really matter.

This way people can see who specifically to ask.

I just hope the PA's don't scare non-PA's from helping out.

No, everyone's input is valuable. No matter how long someone has been playing, there are aspects of the game they don't know about. I am not the ideal candidate to ask on cooking tips, for example. I think the PAs are more there to have a designated person to ask, who if they don't know the answer, will find one, or someone who does know the answer.

Thanks siege, I do like the idea of having PAs around. Its like adding a rank to the helpful players, i say if players will give up there time on to the golden Valley server just to help out new players they deserve the awarded name of PA. I do miss my character on JK home some times when i think about the 3 second dig time hehe. But its fun helping players get into wurm.

You don't play on your account on JK Home anymore?

Nope i have given up my time on home for Golden valley. Missing the "how do you make a fire" on JK chat.

Missing the "how do you make a fire" on JK chat.

I've been missing it since GV was introduced... :'(

Kitamine and tigar :P(tigar is me but mah people say ty when i do get time to help them :P)

but ya kitamine is the best :)

Flyingmonkleet is a troll, he totally needs to be banned  ;)

I'M KIDDING, PLEASE DON'T BAN MES AGAIN D: D: D:

:P

Missing the "how do you make a fire" on JK chat.

I've been missing it since GV was introduced... :'(

I never did understand why, nor appreciated people asking this question getting flamed. After all it is chat.

With how the current window is, you can now at least see who some helpful people are through the new /pa window. All player assistants have a "PA" tag before their name (And subsequently are placed in the 'P' position because of alphabetical order - but you can now tell which PA's are currently tuned into the channels; so therefore consequently know some helpful players who you can send a PM, or question to via a PM or the /pa window. :D