Sign in to follow this  
milp

How did tracking and wine change?

Hi,

I just read that something about tracking and wine(-making) was changed. Does anyone know what exactly?

Also how do we make traps, what skill do they use etc.?

Ah thanks.

Now i got a few further questions:

- Will overaged trees despawn eventually? So if i have walled in trees for decoration on my deed, do they disappear?

- What was changed about tracking?

- Do trees that have the "prune" option really always have something harvestable?

- How do i make a spring?

prune is new harvesting option it work same as harvesting but show up always just say nothing to harvest sometimes

Well, there is the beverages skill now for one, then there is the prune thing (of which im still not sure what it exactly does).

Basically a few months ago i collected about 30kg of maple syrup, today i got around to collecting a few kgs of grapes and pressed them into grape juice.

Then i got lucky and made the wine at first try with 31%. You can't seperate it in flasks or anything, because that'll turn the grape juice into regular fruit juice which won't work (a bug that has appearantly already been reported).

As far as I know, overaged trees have stopped growing and will become shriveled until they are chopped down (with one pass) and give you a tiny log. I never seen a shriveled tree just disappear on its own.

The prune function is for older shriveled trees and vines.  Prune them and they start to produce fruit again, as if they got younger.  Just like pruning does in RL.

Well, there is the beverages skill now for one, then there is the prune thing (of which im still not sure what it exactly does).

Basically a few months ago i collected about 30kg of maple syrup, today i got around to collecting a few kgs of grapes and pressed them into grape juice.

Then i got lucky and made the wine at first try with 31%. You can't seperate it in flasks or anything, because that'll turn the grape juice into regular fruit juice which won't work (a bug that has appearantly already been reported).

I have always just pressed fruit until I have 0.36 Kg of juice, then mix it with 1.0 kg of syrup to make wine.  I make only a very little at once, but get lots of experience doing it over and over.

I have always just pressed fruit until I have 0.36 Kg of juice, then mix it with 1.0 kg of syrup to make wine.  I make only a very little at once, but get lots of experience doing it over and over.

Well i planned on doing that with pottery flasks, but i didnt know about that bug.

I harvested 200 grapes yesterday and made wine with no real changes and i loved the new skill... The pruning option acts the same as harvest so it doesnt really turn back the clock on the very old vines even when the option appears.  Probably bugged.

When you use it message says something about there not being any grapes to harvest...

Now if we can only boost up the properties of wine somehow and make it attractive to produce...

I remember someone saying something before this about Rolf considering increasing the time back you could track.  I haven't noticed anything different yet but i haven't really tried it much since then.  50+ tracking btw  8)

I was just informed that the WL priests have a new spell to detect them.  The BL don't?

I was just informed that the WL priests have a new spell to detect them.  The BL don't?

detect them? you mean traps?

I remember someone saying something before this about Rolf considering increasing the time back you could track.  I haven't noticed anything different yet but i haven't really tried it much since then.  50+ tracking btw  8)

I thought he increased tracking time before this update? I have 50+ tracking too and see nothing new.

I harvested 200 grapes yesterday and made wine with no real changes and i loved the new skill... The pruning option acts the same as harvest so it doesnt really turn back the clock on the very old vines even when the option appears.  Probably bugged.

When you use it message says something about there not being any grapes to harvest...

Now if we can only boost up the properties of wine somehow and make it attractive to produce...

You mean wine getting better as it ages and restoring stamina during a fight dosn't make it attractive?  Not to mention I think its a novelty item anyhow.

You mean wine getting better as it ages and restoring stamina during a fight dosn't make it attractive?  Not to mention I think its a novelty item anyhow.

Made 5kg of the stuff earlier, first time ever trying =D