Sign in to follow this  
chefpeewe

Max Slope Flatraising

Hi all,

I know the max slope you can dig is 3x your digging skill but what about flatraising ? I already made a high 4 tile platform using the method of flatraising described on the wiki. It's slope is currenlty around 250 I think. but i'm affraid to go higher so I won't be able to dig down some day (digging skill is 80). Does it matter?

Will I be able to use reverse flatraising ? I mean digging in the center of the 4 tile platform and flatten again?

On the matter of climbing the slope: I know it's a combination of body stamina and climbing skills, but what's the highest people ever climbed let's say on empty inventory?

thx

I have heard there is a maximum slope, but I don't know it's exact value, but I think you are getting close. (255 ???)

Reverse flat raising should work just fine. Faltering does not check the slope level.

i'm at 71 digging and the max slope i can reach with flatraising is 213.

don't know how you got to 250, shouldn't be possible if you really have 80 digging(and not 83,3333+)

i'm at 71 digging and the max slope i can reach with flatraising is 213.

don't know how you got to 250, shouldn't be possible if you really have 80 digging(and not 83,3333+)

Maybe I lied there a bit Selvetarm. I'm not ingame at the moment and it was just an estimate. It was definitely more than 200 and if your findings are correct it couldn't be more than 240. I apologize for that. Nevertheless I think my question is answered saying that flatraising is limited by digging skill. Therefore theoretically the max slope would be 300 and climbing this with empty inventory should be feasable I think.

thx

yeah, flatraising is the same limit like digging.. .you can't raise higher than you can dig

• Like 1

I can confirm this as well. Max slope you can create by flatraising is 3*digging

how do you overcome the dirt sliding down on 45 degree slopes, is that only on rocky slopes?

The max slope is 3x digging skill, both for digging and flat raising, so the max is 300 for those with too much time on their hands. junkkman, when the wiki comes up, there are some very good guides on how to flat-raise. if you cant wait, try selecting 4 tiles in a square and drop dirt in the center, then flatten all 4 tiles, and drop more dirt, flatten all 4 and repeat. you will see the 4 tiles will be able to raise above the 40 slope where dirt will start to slide.

I have heard there is a maximum slope, but I don't know it's exact value, but I think you are getting close. (255 ???)

Reverse flat raising should work just fine. Faltering does not check the slope level.

Actually it does, and its the 3x like people said. So max slope would be 300.

http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

That is the wiki page for flat raising. Basically Junkkmann it allows you to get around the 40 slope limit from just dropping dirt.

Its not "just" dropping dirt. There's a system to it, but once you start doing it, its quite easy to get a handle on it.

how do you overcome the dirt sliding down on 45 degree slopes, is that only on rocky slopes?

If you want some tips on how to flatten on a rock face, pm me and i'll post a guide of sorts.

Edited by ReaverKane

Kane, I wouldnt mind a guide for this. Despite having 93 digging and being able to do land bridges, dirt walls and dirt towers no problem, I have never worked out how to do dirt work on rock. I'm hoping it doesnt include surface mining.

Depends, might need to surface mine one row to start with, specially if you don't have any dirt tiles around. If you have dirt, just use flatten on the slopped dirt tile, get it somewhat flat. Then, flatten the slopped dirt tile that is formed after you raise the first one a bit, keep going till you have flat-ish dirt on the furthest tile you need to raise, then just flat raise as normal, from the lowest to the highest tile.