Sign in to follow this  
York

Mortar - Bulk Creation

Please let us use a large container, such as a barrel, cauldron or tub to make mortar with. It seems excessive to have to individually mix mortar with your hands when realistically we could put the required amounts inside a container and mix it all up. It takes long enough to make bricks and build walls, this would ease the pain without making stone buildings super quick or easy.

• Like 1

I see no feasible way to fail with this, at least in a way that would match it's output.

I can guarantee someone will complain because they lost a whole barrel of clay/

Edited by Kraljtatov

Clay is an infinite resource, who cares about losing a barrel full.

You still run the risk of turning alot of clay/sand into 1QL or low QL mortar, should be enough to balance the benefits

Would use the same principle as making bronze or brass - you can bulk produce that and it will just create the most it can from the two amounts and leaving the excess as it was. But yes, as York stated, by making it in bulk you do risk bulk producing something at low quality.

Well it does not take that long to make mortar and lots of it. I do not see a need really to have this put in. Low QL mortar penalty does not matter as you can imp the walls. It would also take away another part of the economy.

Bulk timers were just lowered greatly...God forbid you made thousands of mortar before that...I as above see no reason to cheapen such actions even further....anything produced in an easier manner...only lessens its value as was seen with timer reductions....

Bulk timers were just lowered greatly...God forbid you made thousands of mortar before that...I as above see no reason to cheapen such actions even further....anything produced in an easier manner...only lessens its value as was seen with timer reductions....

Heh, yeah, but you watch any bricklayer in real life.. they don't mix a trowel full at a time, they mix a big old pile of the stuff on the ground with a shovel.

Heh, yeah, but you watch any bricklayer in real life.. they don't mix a trowel full at a time, they mix a big old pile of the stuff on the ground with a shovel.

I have actually laid some brick and the mortar just doesn't slap itself on the wall you have to use a trowel and pick up small amounts of mortar over and over again unlike Wurm where I can mix together 100kg's of mortar and just keep hitting continue. As a matter of fact brick laying in wurm and wall building is far easier than in real life and much much faster when you consider the actual time it takes to make the bricks and stack them on the wall one at a time. Besides that 20 bricks??? LOL that wont even make a nice small BBQ pit. ;) let alone a huge tall wall.

There are lots of things that don't make sense in Wurm, but often for a good reason. If you could make loads of mortar at once, even if it was 1ql, things would really be too easy.

• Like 1

bulk creation was already added, timers were reduced and you lose a bit of weight the clay / sand instead of losing the whole item, before the patch you may of done 45/60 at 50 skill with 40ql clay and 86% chance, now you can get 55-57, and its quicker too, so it's fine as it is without people asking for it to be made easier, it's already ruined the market, mortar is no longer 4s per 1k, its barely half that. lol