Sign in to follow this  
Zcul

Indoor walls on test! (was: Indoor walls soon a reality?)

Hiya Zcul.

Currently it is not possible to plan a 3x3 building with an empty tile in the middle (and all possible variations of that). Could this restriction be removed?

I'm doubting the implications of removing this restriction. While you can achieve this same effect with inner walls on a smaller scale, a 90+ carpenter can make quite a massive circle of a house if this restriction were to be removed.

This implication is applied to same kingdom griefing on the PvP servers, where you can cata walls, but get a rep hit for trying to demolish same kingdom structures. The not completing the loop always leaves you with an option in regards to walls to cata to get out.

You don't get a reputation hit for catapulting houses on Epic. Not sure how that works on Chaos. Though if it works like that there then I guess it isn't as easy to remove this restriction as I had thought.

I'm hoping you're wrong though, because I would love to be able to plan houses like that.

door locks shouldn't be a problem only problem i see is where a new person joins a deed and they are given a room and a key to the lock on that door and then that person not logging in any more and that door being perm locked. Solution would be a eviction ability on the deed. This would allow the land owner to evict someone. Just like in real life the property own could claim all belongings in said room and use as payment for there rent. Or that persons said belongings could go in there personal bank if they are evicted from there home. It could be stored in a special backpack in the bank or a new ui section added to the bank that only holds evicted items so that person has time to run and grab there belongings specially if they can't carry it all at once.

Everquest has a similar system where if you home goes up your belongings would be stuck in a special bank. you cant add nothing but only take things out.

this would prevent lame people who have land trying to get people come in and then evict them and take there belongings. As far as the lock goes if the room is evicted the lock would be removed apon eviction.

door locks shouldn't be a problem only problem i see is where a new person joins a deed and they are given a room and a key to the lock on that door and then that person not logging in any more and that door being perm locked. Solution would be a eviction ability on the deed. This would allow the land owner to evict someone. Just like in real life the property own could claim all belongings in said room and use as payment for there rent. Or that persons said belongings could go in there personal bank if they are evicted from there home. It could be stored in a special backpack in the bank or a new ui section added to the bank that only holds evicted items so that person has time to run and grab there belongings specially if they can't carry it all at once.

Everquest has a similar system where if you home goes up your belongings would be stuck in a special bank. you cant add nothing but only take things out.

this would prevent lame people who have land trying to get people come in and then evict them and take there belongings. As far as the lock goes if the room is evicted the lock would be removed apon eviction.

House doors don't have keys, plus rolf invented key copies A LONG time ago... Not to mention lockpicks.

Hiya Zcul.

Currently it is not possible to plan a 3x3 building with an empty tile in the middle (and all possible variations of that). Could this restriction be removed?

I'm doubting the implications of removing this restriction. While you can achieve this same effect with inner walls on a smaller scale, a 90+ carpenter can make quite a massive circle of a house if this restriction were to be removed.

This implication is applied to same kingdom griefing on the PvP servers, where you can cata walls, but get a rep hit for trying to demolish same kingdom structures. The not completing the loop always leaves you with an option in regards to walls to cata to get out.

You don't get a reputation hit for catapulting houses on Epic. Not sure how that works on Chaos. Though if it works like that there then I guess it isn't as easy to remove this restriction as I had thought.

I'm hoping you're wrong though, because I would love to be able to plan houses like that.

Not even same kingdom? I find that hard to believe.

But sure, if it really doesn't, go right ahead with this. I would love to have it too. :)

Hiya Zcul.

Yes please! Please allow this on Freedom, it'd help towards making more interesting buildings and structures! I'd say people would make some very elegant temples if this were allowed (e.g., inner sanctums surrounded by gardens enclosed by an outer cloister, etc).