Sign in to follow this  
Pagani

Stake horses

After playing for 18 months the only suggestion i can make is the ability to make a stack and rope for horses.  Whilst out browsing the Freedom Market or visiting a friends deed, having my horse get caught on a wall,gate or other structure can be annoying. Why cant we make a stake from a log combine with some rope and tie the horse down?

This would wondering around after dismounting a lot more enjoyable. I would like to think of it as mooring rope foe horses and follow the same mechanics.

Ideas,

1. The ability to make the stake and rope.

2. Mallet must be active to hammer it into tiles.

3. Traits of horse are still used, i.e. it can still break free if it has that trait.

4. Stake and rope QL effect the time a horse can be staked, or the effectiveness of the item.

Im posting this playing on a pve server so players on pvp may not find it the best idea.

Nice idea. I would add that the staked out horse could not be taken or damaged by other players or aggro mobs.

=Ayes=

-1 always did not like this and always will not like this pocket pony pole.

-1 always did not like this and always will not like this pocket pony pole.

Then give it a balancing aspect, horse can be scared, and rip this tiny stake out of the ground and flee, 1 in 40 chance or something.

then a more permanent, heavier horse tie down system that takes actual materials.

lastly... Horse Steak. Top dish at Makar :)

i'm gonna -1 this suggestion, not because it's a bad idea, but because i prefer a different one. I would far prefer the idea of a hitching post (as suggested elsewhere a dozen times) which can't be moved around, but which connects the horse to the player who hitched it (so deeds can have these without the problem of not being able to lead a horse u left on someone else's deed).

I'm sure if this got implemented, pretty much every village would build one, so as long as you are no further than the 10mins warning from the nearest village, you won't have a problem.

i'm gonna -1 this suggestion, not because it's a bad idea, but because i prefer a different one. I would far prefer the idea of a hitching post (as suggested elsewhere a dozen times) which can't be moved around, but which connects the horse to the player who hitched it (so deeds can have these without the problem of not being able to lead a horse u left on someone else's deed).

I'm sure if this got implemented, pretty much every village would build one, so as long as you are no further than the 10mins warning from the nearest village, you won't have a problem.

Another great idea.

I prefer this. And it should be a rope and a shaft, not a log. Log is overkill x)

And it seems better to have village-built horse hitches, instead of having horses abandoned all over the place x)