Sign in to follow this  
rangerklypf

Non-combat Mini Pets

pets.png

This would be so radical. Lots of other MMOs have something like this and I'd love to see it here too. I'd think that the most fair and balanced way to implement mini pets might be to:

• include each pet as a very small chance to drop from their respective larger version (maybe sub 0.01% chance per kill), making pets extremely rare
  • pets can travel through walls and never stop following/being led by their owner, so they never get stuck and can't get lost
  • every non player NPC has a chance to drop a mini pet besides maybe tower guards and spirit templars
  • the pet is dropped in the form of an "egg" or a weightless item in the inventory that can summon/dismiss the pet, tradeable
  • the pet doesn't have to be outlined, so when you hover over it nothing shows up, but it doesn't really matter either way as far as I'm concerned. This is the way it is in Oldschool Runescape. You can't see the name of other players' pets for some reason, so you have to ask about it or already know lol

More ludicrous far-fetched ideas:

• dyeable pets w/ extremely rare golden or moonmetal variant of pet skin 
  • if a champion goblin drops a pet, make the pet also champion, or any other applicable adjective
  • son of son of nogump lol
  • mini pet battles/duels
  • rare/supreme/fantastic variants
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Nvm +1

Edited by Muse