Sign in to follow this  
Skatyna

Remove absurd heal resistance stacking

So, I played my weak priest toon after million of years and I thought I will grind some fighting in it. 10 minutes into killing mobs my LT weapon was useless as heal resistance was 20 minutes.. OK, I afked for the heal resistance to go off.. Next mob was a troll that battered me pretty badly. Being a FO I casted heal spell on myself, didn't even restore full HP as guess what - heal resistance jumped up from being 1 minute to like 24 minutes.. Do you really call this OK? Are we supposed to PVE farm 3 minutes to AFK 25? Was this a QQL enhancement? 

Looking up ofc I found there was a patch a while back nerfing healing significantly on PVP servers.. OK, I understand it might have been nerfed for PVP reasons or w/e, but was/is it so bloody hard to implement a "check local enemy" line in the code, so when the actual PvP might happen nerfed heal resistance is applied, but when a bloody PVE is being done said nerf is not active? Absolute joke

• Like 1

Would be nice if Essence Drain stacked something else so it wouldn't be utterly useless and could be paired with a LT weapon as a backup. 

i dont see a need to change anything. Essence drain would be nice if it did something else. its been a useless spell for ages now. like u might aswell make it a Dmg spell because how useless it is.

• Like 1

Heal resistance is gained dependent on the amount of of healing done. 

the reason you got your resistance so high is because you were taking so much damage. Better armour and skill will help you, but LT was changed to no longer be an "just outheal the damage and you'll be fine" approach

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shinso said:

i dont see a need to change anything. Essence drain would be nice if it did something else. its been a useless spell for ages now. like u might aswell make it a Dmg spell because how useless it is.

Honestly I love essence drain, with higher body/armour you don't take a lot of damage so the full healing effect of LT isn't as useful, but swapping to a purely damage dealing spell can mean you need to stop and heal. ED bridges that gap, healing the minor wounds you take while providing a damage buff

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Archaed said:

Heal resistance is gained dependent on the amount of of healing done. 

the reason you got your resistance so high is because you were taking so much damage. Better armour and skill will help you, but LT was changed to no longer be an "just outheal the damage and you'll be fine" approach

This is completely wrong. Heal resistance works one way on PVE servers and completely nerfed on PVP servers. Im not asking to remove it, I am asking to differentiate it, so when PVE is done, even on PVP server it does not stack up insanely fast, but a freedom/pve stacking is applied. If there is some PVP about to happen (enemies in local, than can be implemented into the tick check) then OK, heal resistance can be as high as it is now on PVP servers FOR EVERYTHING, including hunting, thats once again is not the case on PVE servers.. 

And yes, toon was weak, as in my case i said i wanted to grind some fighting in my priest, however the gear was top end with top end enchants etc, just the fighting skills, body stats low. New players wont even have that luxury of the gear ffs.

Edited by Skatyna

1 hour ago, Skatyna said:

This is completely wrong. Heal resistance works one way on PVE servers and completely nerfed on PVP servers.

LT shares the same healing resistance values on pve and pvp (1 minute per 10% health healed, basically 200+(10*minutes fighting)% health healed for 20 minutes timer and heal immune), it's only healing spells that are different (1 minute per 3% health healed) so you just uhh, just use lt/cotton instead of healing spells outside of pvp because it's not urgent and there's passive mobs every three tiles

check enemy in local means you'd get edge cases like people dipping into caves to full heal with 1/3 heal resistance, you could have it log combat and need to be out of pvp for x time but at that point you've spent more time coding the ability to heal in pve than you've spent working on pvp in the game in three years so that seems like a weird use of dev time

5 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

you could have it log combat and need to be out of pvp for x time but at that point you've spent more time coding the ability to heal in pve than you've spent working on pvp in the game in three years so that seems like a weird use of dev time

I guess this basically just sums up the quantity and quality of the dev work.. Sure enough, its way easier just to change couple numbers in a code and rub everything under the same carpet rather than putting down 50 lines of exception code and make things work reasonably.