Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mockmouse

PvP - how does it work?

My mate and I made some noob alts to try out some stuff on wild.  We killed each other a few times but neither of us got any overall FS or affinities or Rank.  Any idea why?  (One JK and one MR we faught near the WL)

For PVP you really need some crafting or body building stats like mining and woodcutting in order to become effective in PVP. You need weapon, fighting, shield, and countless of other skills in order to perform well.

You get affinities after you reach some sort of point in body stats and gametime. You get rank from killing people with certain body stats as well I think, though I forget what it is. PVP is definitely not something you can jump right into, you need to do a lot of training, though it is always best to start PVPing ASAP rather than waiting. Experience > Skill

Well to answer your question of how pvp works.

Most think that having an account with good stats and gear can do anything. 99% of the time this isnt the case, You need to know what you and an account are capable of, As Xallo said, experience can get you a long way in pvping.

Experience > Skill

People have bought good accounts, and then realised, it doens't make them instantly good if they don't have the experience to go alongside it.

Best bet is to work on your PvP Skills, and go on a few raids/skirmishes when you feel you won't die instantly. :)

Get a fighter, join the BL fronts and ill teach you everything about pvp.

Cheers Xallo that was pretty much that was what I was wondering about affinities etc

Still thinking about a pvp account I know how the fighting system works from playing for ages but was confused about affinities and rank that was all.  Be seeing you on wild one day but staying on freedom with the crafters for now.

yeah, he knows some tricks, more than that, i thought pvp isnt an interesting thing at all before i've met pto and some others nice fighters.

PvP in wurm may look weird, but it is more than exciting, believe me :)

in answer to your questions, if both your characters are premium you should have got a small amount of rank and fight skill, but you also lose this if you die, if you got none at all then you probably need to have a little bit of fight skill before you can lose it to a player

Not sure if this always is the case but one thing I noticed is that when you die in PvP you only lose FS and body strength but not every skill like in PvE. Even though you lose all your crap when the enemy jacks you, it still seems less harsh than dying in PvE and losing 0.25 across the board.

tl;dr - How PvP works? You die.

I'd listen to PTO, he has talk me a bunch. Here's a list of what I think the PvP type people you should ask or be taught from: JK- Xallo MR-Horton(?) Rudie (?) BL- Friend/Doctorchaos.

heres how it works  you hit me i hit you you hit me i hit you  you go into a gatehouse heal wait for ganks squad call each other names  run away end of pvp

From noob alts you need to work them up intil you get the message "You are now strong enough to attack other people" or something along those lines.

If you haven't got that then you won't steal their affinitys or gain rank or overall fs.

The way the fightskill gain from PvP works is it is actually transferring fs, if there is nothing to transfer (1.00 skill) you wont gain anything. so you need to kill someone with at least 1.01fs or something.

For affinities its 28 days until you get one, so killing a account <28 days old wont get you anything, as it takes time for one to be generated. Also getting a affinity isnt 100% success, sometimes you can kill someone who has a affinity and you wont get it. If you lose a affinity its the same story and you get another in 28 days.

Thanks folks.  Sounds like fair antiexploit rule that you have to wait 28days for first affinity and get skills and stats up before your death is worth fs.  We still had fun kicking each other around on noob alts even without any fs gain.  Even killed a wild cat between us lol.

heres how it works  you hit me i hit you you hit me i hit you  you go into a gatehouse heal wait for ganks squad call each other names  run away end of pvp

Yeah. PvP in wurm is like that big american wrestling thing. Half of it is purely about taunts and claims, none of which you ever need to have any backing up for. It doesn't matter if you appear a hypocrit or simply a childish fool - you called that guy a triple turd-camel moron face and he didn't reply, so you won. If he then subsequently kills you with ease, despite appearing to be shocked beyond recognition by your superior eloquence, he's obviously exploiting or macroing or hacking, and there's nothing you can do about that except make sure that the next time you meet, you let him know that was the only reason he beat you.

If you want to learn how to PvP, Ask Xallo Gavin or Doughboy in JK, or Doctorchaos in BL for sure, they can definatly show you the way, They also know special tricks that the others dont I'm sure. I know that Xallo Gav and Dough all know some tricksies for sure, and PTO always has something special every time you see him, however his normal fighting style, as described by him was "CarverCarverCarverCarverCarverCarver"

Don't listen to everyone above and on the previous page. They're all noobs. Tosti knows the recipies to elite grieving.

How pvp works...

1.  Steal a sailboat if you can, most rowboats are left unattended an easy target for you.

2.  Grab yer armor and weapons, dont forget to equip them.

3.  Sail to JK.

4. Kill all the animals on the way to get your FS up.

5. Kill all JK spawns you see.

6. Sail like hell when xallo and crew show up.

7. Take yer 2 hits like a man and start back at GC.

8. Rinse, repeat.

what for tips can give gavin doughboy or xallo in pvp he fight in scale or drake not in chain when he fight in chain than he cant win in fight or sry he can win he use amulete and run away :P

if only scale made half the difference you think it does  ;D

I saw all you guys fail to Gank Max at CAPSALOT im sure it makes a difference and a great one.

I saw all you guys fail to Gank Max at CAPSALOT im sure it makes a difference and a great one.

ya good thing we only had 2 people attacking him huh