Sign in to follow this  
Hordern

Are you wondering what to take to premium?

Suggested items to take to Premium:

- Basic tools, although if you're joining a community, you're likely to be provided with high QL tools with spells cast on them. Ask the leader of the town you're heading to what you're not going to need to bring with you (If you planned before you went).

- General everyday items (pans, bowls, water container, rags for bandaging, butchering knife, fishing rod etc.)

- Seeds are light and will be allow you to set up a small farm once you've settled.

- If you wish to have a cart as soon as you arrive on the far side, you can carry an unfinished wooden cart with the final required component in your inventory. You can then finish building it on the far side.

- If you are going to be settling on your own somewhere rather than in a community, ensure you take some basic building stuff such as door locks, nails etc to allow a quick and safe build.

- Items to sell/trade, see below.

The following will sell relatively well on Premium (well, better than anything else you can take through!) but dont bank on getting more than a couple of silver in total for all the stuff you might bring over unless you really load up on the gems. Note that the merchants are generally broke, so expect to trade with players.:

• Gems (10 to 20 QL, you won't get anything for lower than 10 from other players).
  • Gold and silver necklaces are light and worth around 10+ copper each if 20QL (If you can find a merchant with some cash)!
  • Salt (1 copper or so)
  • Very high QL pelts (80+)
  • Hides or leather. Leather is lighter by 4 times, but harder to keep a high QL on GV.

Don't forget you'll also have your referal which you can sell on these forums for around 10s

There are a couple of comprehensive lists on page 3 (posts 6 and 7) that include suggested skill levels that you should reach before heading to either Freedom or Wild.

If premium players could add any suggestions they feel are worthwhile additions to the items I've listed above, this should help us players coming over from GV getting a good start on premium.

If there are some items that sell well on Freedom but not on Wild, and vice versa, I can make seperate lists. It would just be nice to have a comprehensive list on the forums rather than people shouting out any old nonsense in PA Help and Kchat. Also, if you could include rough prices we'd expect to recieve over there - that would be really helpful. I'll update my first post as we go.

Oh, and of course let me know if I've got anything horribly wrong in my first post ;)

A full set of tools, any money you might have had, and then the rest: from the most expensive/hard to get to the easiest.

That's what I did ;D

Well money goes with you in your bank account doesn't it? And what do you mean by 'and then the rest'?

Just take stuff that you think you won't be able to obtain very easily on Freedom. That's not a lot of items when you think about it. But For instance, fassume you won't have easy access to iron immediately - Consider either bringing a small lump, or make stuff like nails before you move.

I have seen people coming from gv carrying loads and loads of stuff around, making them slow as hell, while they were on their way to join a village. If you are gonna join a village, just bring the really basic stuff.

A waterskin or a couple of pottery jars (3-4), maybe some cotton (a kilo of 10, for bandaging) and some pans.

If you have it, bring hides, salt, or gems. These are selling okay. Any cook will happily trade or buy the salt, since it's (supposed to be) require to make good meals. Gems of 10+ ql are usefull for priests and champions. And a leatherworker can never have enough hides :D

If you want to live on your own, I'd advice bringing a set of tools, some small nails and some large nails, for building a house and a bed. One bear fur, I think, is enough to make a bed with. If you can, you could make sheets before you leave, or even an unfinished bed, so that once you get on wild, you can build your house and then finish your bed without having to still make one.

Also make sure to have a butchering knife or a fishing rod, so you can feed yourself. Try to bring seeds to get your own farm.

I have seen people coming from gv carrying loads and loads of stuff around, making them slow as hell, while they were on their way to join a village. If you are gonna join a village, just bring the really basic stuff.

A waterskin or a couple of pottery jars (3-4), maybe some cotton (a kilo of 10, for bandaging) and some pans.

If you have it, bring hides, salt, or gems. These are selling okay. Any cook will happily trade or buy the salt, since it's (supposed to be) require to make good meals. Gems of 10+ ql are usefull for priests and champions. And a leatherworker can never have enough hides :D

If you want to live on your own, I'd advice bringing a set of tools, some small nails and some large nails, for building a house and a bed. One bear fur, I think, is enough to make a bed with. If you can, you could make sheets before you leave, or even an unfinished bed, so that once you get on wild, you can build your house and then finish your bed without having to still make one.

Also make sure to have a butchering knife or a fishing rod, so you can feed yourself. Try to bring seeds to get your own farm.

Sure I guess if you're getting a trader, or think you can drain other traders

I was thinking more of selling/trading with other players, but thx all for responses so far.

Just look for a village, no need to bring anything - take only what you really like.

Bring the hard to get components for a rowboat if you plan to go far, as well as an unfinished cart then make one at Samling and sail off.

it is important to keep your non drop tools at least until you reach your new home. once those are lost it can be very difficult to manage even the simplest tasks. this assumes you might want to be on your own for awhile and don't have a village waiting to guide you home.

Even people that play on GV and stay should keep their newb tools somewhere safe and use them on any long adventure/trips.

they really need to add a newb butcher knife imo... probably the most useful newb tool to maintian some usefulness as a player.

they really need to add a newb butcher knife imo... probably the most useful newb tool to maintian some usefulness as a player.

Oh not at all. I went through my first couple of months without one back in G1, it's perfectly possible to manage.

Oh not at all. I went through my first couple of months without one back in G1, it's perfectly possible to manage.

It is possible yes, but not very enjoyable. A fishing rod helps and that is how we managed our fish couple months on wild. But I took a newb account from wild to home once and forgot to take a butcher knife or fishing rod... I could barely forage enough food to have enough strength to forage for more food... that said this was before the fasting update... still, I wanted to travel around the home server and never got very far... I had a deed, i had some coins, but could not move or perform tasks due to lack of food. I did manage to kill anaimals that would have easily fed me... but no knife... and my sword would not fillet...

BTW, I had food when i left.. but that decayed quickly...

If this is true, here is what you do:

B. Knife

C. Knife

(Pelt)

Pickaxe

Shovel

Hatchet

Steel & Flint

Everything else can be made starting from these 7 essential items. Even the pelt isn't necessary but can save you some time.

If this is true, here is what you do:

B. Knife

C. Knife

(Pelt)

Pickaxe

Shovel

Hatchet

Everything else can be made starting from these 6 essential items. Even the pelt isn't necessary but can save you some time.

The following will sell relatively well on Premium (well, better than anything else you can take through!):

• Gems (10 to 20 QL, you won't get anything for lower than 10 from other players).

• Salt

• Very high QL pelts (70+)

• Hides or leather. Leather is lighter by 4 times, but harder to keep a high QL on GV. High QL hides will probably be quite sought after.

ok, thx for that :) bear in mind that 5c is still a lot to a GV noob who's only used to seeing iron 20 coins ;)

ok, thx for that :) bear in mind that 5c is still a lot to a GV noob who's only used to seeing iron 20 coins ;)

It is possible yes, but not very enjoyable. A fishing rod helps and that is how we managed our fish couple months on wild. But I took a newb account from wild to home once and forgot to take a butcher knife or fishing rod... I could barely forage enough food to have enough strength to forage for more food... that said this was before the fasting update... still, I wanted to travel around the home server and never got very far... I had a deed, i had some coins, but could not move or perform tasks due to lack of food. I did manage to kill anaimals that would have easily fed me... but no knife... and my sword would not fillet...

BTW, I had food when i left.. but that decayed quickly...

What happened to fishing rods?

A butchering knife naturally makes things easier since hunting is the fastest food option, but really, it's just one of the options. Experienced players have grown used to living off animals found in the forest. Back when I was a newbie, we had a village with ~25 nonprems where only two or three had a butchering knife. Fishing and foraging for casserole ingredients easily made our bread and butter.

On the topic of cooking utensils, I recommend a saucepan (unless you feel like lugging both bowls and a frying pan around). Goulash really is an excellent food option, as you can use water with it for extra weight.

Alright, for suggested basic items to take, if i am not mistaken you can take up to 200 items over from free to premium server.

There has been lots of issues with gold and silver ore not being worth anything, wrong.

Bring as many 20+ql gold or silver neclaces. gold neclaces have average sell vlaue of 12 copper for a 20ql necklace.

Take high ql gems as stated before, some gems will fetch in upwards of 20 copper.

Since the other severs work off a monitary system, it will be easier to work with.

That would be a min of 198 items, since you can only fit 100 in a pack, you will need 2 packs.

100 neclaces * 12 copper= 12 silver.

This is just the basic to take, you can replace any of the .001 kg neclaces with gems. I could be wrong on the kg, but it is very minimal on the neclaces.

That takes up 101 spaces in invtory to start with.

Pelts. A high ql pelt with little to no damage, find a priest to cast mend on it if it needs repaire, but ql will decrease.

A pickaxe. Find Priest to cast Wind of Ages on to decrease mining time. Great for looking for that first vien of iron.

An Unfinished cart with only one small nail needed to finish and a small nail.

A Small Barrel filled with high ql soup or goulash.

A Sword or Axe. (Can also be used to cut down trees). Or maul, also need axe to cut down tree.

A Rake, Shovel, Sickle, Scyth, And a minimum of 4 lage nails. With your current armout, 2 boots, pants, jacket, helm, Sleeves, and 2 gloves.

That comes to aproximatly a total of 125 to 126 items.

As for cotton, instead of taking over 1 seed or 10 seeds, combine the cotton into once peice. Same with wemp. and one potato

and that makes 128 to 129 items. fill the rest with a pack and more neclaces, or gems.

What would the point be in bringing over a ton of jewelry to Freedom? The trader at Samling is not a money fountain. You're never gonna score 12 silver off it unless you camp it day and night for a long time.