Sign in to follow this  
Davih

Gardening Nerf?

Well.... to be fair, what else is good about Gardening? Harvesting spices? Foraging and botanizing does that too, and has the bonus of finding coins among other things.

8 hours ago, cccdfern said:

So, going off of this thread, are we trying to say the only point to raising gardening is/was trellises? Because harvestable trellises are a fairly 'recent' addition.

Yeah, in fact, before that, basically nobody bothered about raising gardening

Also, planters with spices are as recent as trellies, and yeah, botanizing might or might not do that better, it's debatable, but point is, it did that before, so people that cared about having high ql spices, already focused on a skill for years, same thing as grapes.

Edited by Davih

Needs more variety, still a very empty skill. Plenty of suggestions out there though! I would really like to see more hedge models, woad, coconut tree, and cocoa planters. Along with topiaries and high level flower decorations added to the game. This game is mainly about deed building, we really have nothing when it comes to lawn decoration. Nothing.

lol, i wonder why anyone ever mentioned that trellises works everywhere you put them... like... underground in mines too, or over a rocky shore/cliff...
Btw, let's look at the recent changes and the overall skill use.

Gardening is gained by harvesting grass, gather and plant flowers, make trellises, harvest them, harvest planters (and maybe a very few other bits).
Atm i think none of those methods really involves skill level for getting better ql or more yeld except for ql of trellis products , so having a high level skill is overall tied just to that thing, and over a less extent to planters ql products, as you need also good ql planters.
It seems evident to me that the skill needs some care about his level AND what you get at better levels: more yeld? more ql?
For me as a player, i ALWAYS hope for some different products: a weird kind of hops? a special and limited quantity of grapes harvested that gives wine something special? Different colour roses? Also maybe a special "graphic only" version, that will gives the players that invest over this skill, to be a viable way to get something special out of it and make it not a thing everyone can have (so easily at least?) on the market.

On 5/29/2017 at 1:07 PM, Angelklaine said:

Well.... to be fair, what else is good about Gardening? Harvesting spices? Foraging and botanizing does that too, and has the bonus of finding coins among other things.

Serious cooks need Herbs and Spices in far greater QL and quantity than foraging and botanizing produce.

On 5/29/2017 at 11:21 PM, Rauros said:

Gardening is gained by harvesting grass, gather and plant flowers, make trellises, harvest them, harvest planters (and maybe a very few other bits).
Atm i think none of those methods really involves skill level for getting better ql or more yeld except for ql of trellis products , so having a high level skill is overall tied just to that thing, and over a less extent to planters ql products, as you need also good ql planters.

Picking from planters gives a yield equivalent to Gardening skill. Some herbs are far better favor for Nahjo than any farmed veggies. It would really be nice if planters yield grew like trellis, foraging, botanizing, forestry, even farming yield grows.