Sign in to follow this  
roflkittens

GV needs a map reset

You reckon? I've got some cobbles fenced off that haven't been walked on for 2 months...

You reckon? I've got some cobbles fenced off that haven't been walked on for 2 months...

I really wonder why anyone'd fence of cobble for the purpose of it decaying when that'd make you have to wait for the fences to decay too. Nevertheless: Pavement does decay fast outside deeds, it's just that decay is somewhat random so some patches might take a while to disappear. Also the decay rate of them was once slowed down iirc, but I am sure Rolf'd help you get higher decay rates on GV if enough people there told him about the problem. The problem is that people don't want higher decay on GV, they want to eat the cake and have it still.

"I want to remove pavement" - Rolf fixed this with pavement decay

"I want to preserve my roads better" - Rolf fixed this by slowing down the decay rate

"I want to remove some pavement manually without having to pay for premium" - I really hope Rolf doesn't fix this. It doesn't need to be fixed, it's a game mechanic.

Seriously, a Map Reset would solve the problem with roads leading off to nowhere. New map - new opportunities. As it is now you want to solve the problem by giving non-prems prem abilities. That wouldn't solve anything at all, because in the end it might lead to people staying on GV since there would be no reason to go prem. What would that lead to? Crowded server - the exact thing GV was meant to prevent.

I really wonder why anyone'd fence of cobble for the purpose of it decaying when that'd make you have to wait for the fences to decay too.
It was an area that people could walk on. I've fenced the area off as I want it as a paddock, but I can't use it as I want until the cobbles have decayed - the fences will be staying after they've gone. And even if they weren't, QL 1 fences will decay in about a week at the most for definite unlike just the 'chance of decay' that pavements currently have.

"I want to remove some pavement manually without having to pay for premium" - I really hope Rolf doesn't fix this. It doesn't need to be fixed, it's a game mechanic.
You don't get it do you... We don't want everyone to have the ability to destroy them. You can't grief people by putting down pavements in premium, because people can dig them up again. However, because currently no one except GM's can take out pavement in GV (and they have quite enough issues to worry about), peoples plans can be griefed by people laying paving slabs.

You don't get it do you... We don't want everyone to have the ability to destroy them. You can't grief people by putting down pavements in premium, because people can dig them up again. However, because currently no one except GM's can take out pavement in GV (and they have quite enough issues to worry about), peoples plans can be griefed by people laying paving slabs.

Player Assistants aren't GM's and shouldn't teleport around to destroy pavement. .

Has anyone said anything about giving PA's ANY other abilities (such as teleportation)? I believe not...

Not in the slightest, they're within my locked property. As I've said, I'm NOT asking for them to be destroyed, but I'm pointing out how long they DO last. I've not been griefed with paving. Someone else asked about it originally and I'm defending what I believe is a good request.

Has anyone said anything about giving PA's ANY other abilities (such as teleportation)? I believe not...

It was more a figure of speech, or a simple word play if you'd like since GM's teleport around. It was a joke about the fact that PA's shouldn't do GM jobs.

I've had 3 of the 7 cobbles I want gone decay in 2 months without any walking done on them.

Yes, and you want me to believe that another player griefed you by adding new cobble after 2 months waiting, just to grief you? :/

You have serious reading comprehension issues.

Just to avoid eventual future interpretations: my post was an attempt at making it overly obvious (by using his own cobble as an example since he provided none of his own) exactly how hard it would be to grief another player on GV by repeatedly pave an area if the decay on cobblestone was as slow as he claimed.

You have serious reading comprehension issues.

Me or Hordern? :P *making a funny*

eh? My point is that it's very easy to grief someone with it because the decay takes so long. What you said makes no sense whatsoever... How would fast decay on cobbles make it easier to grief people with them?

eh? My point is that it's very easy to grief someone with it because the decay takes so long. What you said makes no sense whatsoever...

It's not griefing if it's a one time thing, then it's more likely to be a mistake or misunderstanding. I quoted the rules and what the definition of griefing is in a previous post and the rules states that griefing is constantly harrasing a player. And if you're being constantly harassed by a player I am guessing that the paving is not the worst problem, and not the worst either since they can only pave a place once before you report them.

You can't grief a player with only pavement placing if the pavement decays as slow as you stated earlier.

Gravel would be easier. I could make a plain of shingle.

I was unaware that's how people define it, I did wonder why you underlined that. I was under the impression griefing is doing anything that causes grief for someone else, purely for malicious purposes. You hear it used in conjuction with someone taking someone elses tools or whatnot, and that only happens once before a complaint.

If it comes to that, the paving slab/whatever causes constant harrasment by just being there, but anyway, I think we've bashed this discussion to its death. Malicious paving (I'll stop calling it griefing then...) isn't allowed, and I feel it would be useful for a select few (it seems sensible to go for PA's as they are the more experienced players) to have the ability to remove them. You feel they shouldn't because it's a privilage you should get when you buy premium.

The end (I hope).

I was unaware that's how people define it, I did wonder why you underlined that. I was under the impression griefing is doing anything that causes grief for someone else, purely for malicious purposes. You hear it used in conjuction with someone taking someone elses tools or whatnot, and that only happens once before a complaint.

Yeah I see what you mean though, and I am guessing the definition of it looks like that since there is no way of ever proving that someone did pave an area out of pure spite. :/

And yes, the end. xD

Anyway, I think a map reset has nothing to do with griefing. It would just be to renew all the ruins that are decaying around, give newbies a more friendly space to settle on, and to give veterans a new place to fix better than the old one.

And I've already seen some gravel griefing around FL, just a few days ago.

Give a special, trusted group of players the power to unpave, wizkill structures and items and return the land quickly to its natural state. Make them elusive and unknown, and you have something useful and fun on GV.

I've always wondered when we'd be able to make spaceships and go to the moon.

Now's a great time, developers.

Which Is the most win update I've seen for GV sense Mine doors.

Random blotches of Gravel and annoyingly placed pavement littering a great deal of the prime real estate prepare to be BANISHED!

That seemed to be more of a question about the protected tiles like Amnesty Road that cannot be taken out. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what he's getting at.

Oh, and I've just found the following post by the same person: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=26543.0

It seems to be someone new who doesn't really understand the game mechanics at all...