Sign in to follow this  
coffeene

no GM wand

I made a server yesterday and gave a character GM power lvl5 but did not have a wand. I tried to relog, and reboot the server but again GM is not getting a wand, I made serveral GM characters and not a single GM is spawning with a wand. Did something break or is there a way to spawn one in. Really annoying having a GM character that can only fly around and do nothing else...

PS. I even rented a server and no GM characters on that server spawn with a wand either.

I finally fixed it by changing the yule reindeer into the wand...sqlite...took me a bit to figure it out.

just a reminder for future people that have this issue, there is a much easier way to rectify this issue instead of diving into the database.

login as the gm that does not have the wand type the following command into chat

#give 176 99

176 being the item id of the wand 99 being its ql.

• Like 1

I think this issue is caused by setting the reimburse = 0 for your GM character, in order to use the Christmas mod to give gifts to players. 

GM's need that flag set to 1 (normal) to allow the server to spawn their wand if it is not present in their inventory.

There is no need for a GM5 to have Christmas gifts, since they can just spawn any item anyway, and should never be thought of as player characters.

"#give 176" did not work, nither did #give 176 99 0 or #give 176 99. I tried them all. I didn't try to get the yule and then log off/on though. I thought it had to do with the christmas thing but wasn't sure...

in fact #give ...anything did not work at lvl 5 for that matter...

Edited by coffeene

If #give wont work for you, then it seems you are not added as GM 4+ in the database

add

i am also using hte christmas mod and changed reimbursed to 0 for the complete char-list, but i am able to create a wand with the #give command (just tested)

#give 176 you get 1 wand ql 50

#give 176 99 you get 1 wand with ql 99

#give´176 80 5 you get 5 wands with ql80

all is working here

Edited by Eject

Then I have no idea what's going on with my server, or my game period. Single player #give doesnt work, server same thing. all characters are given lvl 5 GM mode. I stopped using it a while ago cause it has never worked for me.

This is happening once again at Christmas, where at level 5 GM, you do not automatically spawn any wand, and #give 176 99 does not work (no response).  I would suspect the reimburse = 0 is the cause as previously mentioned.  Is there a way for someone who does not want to dive into the database to fix this?  Thanks.

i usually just do #give 176 and it works fine, are you doing that in consol or in chat window?

96357B7F3E9C4064377609E0EF2E2346657B5165

Edited by Cuddles

1 hour ago, ProgNutToo said:

I also just tried the "#give 176" without the extra ql qualifier and nothing.

I just tried it on my server, and it works fine.  Maybe you have a mod that's glitching it?

So this issue empowered me to learn something new.  The solution is indeed to change the reimbursement on your GM character in the database from "0" to "1".  After I changed the value, I was able to login and use the #give 176 99 chat command to spawn my wand.  While I was learning this, I also learned how to download and use custom maps, more or less, LoL.