Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Make Sailing more enjoyable, remove Light Breeze

Light breeze in open seas is just absurd, something needs to be done about this and i also know alot of peope that quit because of this :(

Sailing at 7-8km/h with knarr is lame, i mean i can walk faster!

Edited by Sin

I had an idea for this a long time ago. A Vynora/Libila ship specific enchantment that would make the ship treat a light breeze and breeze as a strong breeze instead.

On 4/25/2016 at 10:05 AM, JakeRivers said:

Light Breeze is horrible, and I find myself waiting for the wind to change, but quite often you may be stuck with this slow wind all day long (perhaps it changed several times with RNG deciding on the same speed?).

With plot coarse sailing has never been more enjoyable when you want to shorten the route needed to get somewhere, but the light breeze is a real kick in the balls if you want to get somewhere in a reasonable amount of time on a server like xanadu. 

Light Breeze + Xanadu = Sargasso Sea

I believe rather than worrying about what speed the damn wind is, could we get different sail lengths to manage speeds and maybe even direction?

Also there is currently no accounting for weight of the vessel, and it's acceleration.  

Make the anchor kind of like the brake, the faster you are going when you drop the anchor the more damage it will take, possibly even snapping.

17 hours ago, Sin said:

Light breeze in open seas is just absurd, something needs to be done about this and i also know alot of peope that quit because of this :(

Sailing at 7-8km/h with knarr is lame, i mean i can walk faster!

go for it, walk.  The reason you take a boat is to avoid mobs, and having a smooth method of transporting large amounts of goods.

15 hours ago, Tallios said:

go for it, walk.  The reason you take a boat is to avoid mobs, and having a smooth method of transporting large amounts of goods.

Unless you Jesus, pretty tough to walk on water.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Unless you Jesus, pretty tough to walk on water.

Walk as in walk across the land, and figure out the wilderness.  Swimming is how you cross water if you don't have a boat.  Quit trying to troll and contribute.

Add massive waves and storms, which can damage the ship or even sink it!